Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
He has been absoloutly fantastic since coming back from a series of injuries. When on form (as he is now) he most definatly is a quality striker.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Montella scored 16 goals with 6TH RANKED PLACE ROMA!!

Eto'os is playing with 1st ranked barca ffs..

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Even if Eto surpasses him, montella is (and will be) a better player than Eto.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
+ eto'o plays in a shitty nt, and montella plays in italy.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Montella is amazing. I knew his talents before he was injured and I admired him
and still do. He has scored 17 goals in Serie A and a total of 18 goals in all competions which is superb. With world-class players like Totti and Cassano alongside Montella the goals will keep on coming. :star: :thmbup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not the same player he was at Sampdoria.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the game today. One match he can be stunning, however in the next he could be nowhere to be seen. This season, though, he has put some consistency together for a change.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I wouldn't say one match he's stunning and the other he's quiet. I think it's more like one half of the season he's a world-class and the other one he just adds 2 goals overally. ;) However I believe he will hold on this form until the end of the season. If so it would be for the first time probably...

I love the guy though. :star:

·
Administrator
53,051 Posts
Its hard not to love him Märco :)

but no it wont be the first time,you buy that bullshit of him being too inconsistent too easily.He has scored over 20 goals with Samp twice and had an excellent first season with Roma scoring 18.Then he has mostly scored 13(in not to many games,19-25 games or so) goals in a couple of seasons,having various kind of problems having fights with Capello who benchs him,injuries,private issues.Not the typical goalscoring machine( injuries being the main issue), but he is easily one of deadliest finishers in the world,clincal as hell.

Silky clinical striker with unique finishing.and in all,a loveable player,here comes the proof :D

"hey how you doin'? " ;)

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Andr3w said:
Montella is one of the most inconsistent strikers in the game today. One match he can be stunning, however in the next he could be nowhere to be seen. This season, though, he has put some consistency together for a change.
One of the most inconsistent strikers in the game today?Bwhahahahaha. I love it when people who(quite obviously) rarely watch a player and make such astute observations. I'm not denying that his goalscoring has been patchy since he came to Rome, but that has nothing to do with him being inconsistent, and much more to do with the fact that he was playing under a man who hated him, and wouldn't play him, plus the strings of injuries and surgeries he had to endure.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Osman said:
a loveable player,here comes the proof :D
Here's more proof of his loveability ;)

rf53
Lovely words. Someone should point out to the gobbo that Montella's goal per average rating is out of this world...inconsistant my ass. Hard to produce when The Stubborn One chained him to the bench and threw away the key...

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Hasn´t had the confidence of the Coach the last 5 yeras because Cappello is the way he is, the same that´s happening to Del Piero right now, he can just kill a players carreer. So to say that he is inconsistent is really really ignorant.

·
Administrator
53,051 Posts
Cacìni said:
Here's more proof of his loveability ;)

hehe :) :D

One question,who is that Juve player behind Montella and The lion king? :googly:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I thought Del Piero was sucking long before Cappelo

·
Administrator
53,051 Posts
Capello is stubborn as hell.Even if Del Piero is not his best self(obviously) he shouldnt be screwed over like Capello is doing.Him playing really well and still being subbed out in the 60 min all the time.Finishing like one game of his 14 games,ridicolous.Or not being giving one second now,wen he has looked better lately.

About Montella,it will be lovely seeing him play in the Azzurri now.Hopefully Lippi isnt as stubborn as Mr Hat.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts