Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS Roma striker Vincenzo Montella is aiming to get plenty of games under his belt ahead of the World Cup after making his return to action following three months on the sidelines.

The Italy international made a substitute appearance for Roma in their 1-1 draw at Udinese on Sunday and set-up Gabriel Batistuta's late equaliser.

"It was a great feeling. The first five minutes were hard going but then things went fine," Montella told the daily Gazzetta dello Sport.

Montella was a regular in Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni's squad prior to suffering a knee injury in October which required surgery.

Although the draw saw Roma lose top spot in Serie A to rivals Inter Milan, Montella is convinced that the race for the Italian title will go down to the wire.

"It doesn't worry me. I think this swapping of the leading position will carry on right until the end. I think it will be a fight between us, Inter and Juventus," said Montella.

But the former Sampdoria striker clearly has his sights set on getting into top form in order to regain his place in the Italy squad ahead of the World Cup finals in South Korea and Japan.

"My only hope is to play, only that way can I get myself back in the best condition," said Montella. Italy face the United States in a friendly in Catania on February 13.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i dont think milan has any chance of winning it.!!!!! sorry milan fans but its soo true!
And i am so happy that we gonna see

_________________TOTTIGOL___________________________

____BATIGOLA_____________________AEROPLANINO

FORZA ROMA!!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
The only team I doubt could win it is Chievo. All the other big ones could do it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I AM GUESING AND PRETTY SURE THAT RACE IS SAME AS LAST YEAR...
BETWEEN JUVE AND ROMA.....AND I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WE GONNA WIN IT AGAIN.........AT LEAST I HOPE.......
BUT JUVE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE BUT THEY HAVE TO DROP POINT AT LEAST ONCE SO WE CAN CONCENTRAT ON C L BUT INTER GONNA DROP POINT..ITS OBVIOUS.....!!!;)
MILAN..AT HOME TO UDNISE ....HMMM...LET ME THINK ARE THE Y GONNA WIN..........HMMMMMMM...... NO!!!!! OH BY THE WAY WHAT ABOUT LAZIO.....HMM LETS NOT JUST TALK ABOUT IT !!!!! AND CHIEVO....NO..THEY SHOWED OFF THEM SELF TOO MUCH....THEY GONAN DROP POINTS TOO

WELL THEY HAVE CHANCE OF WINNING UEFA CUP! ...I HOPE CUZ I WANT ITALIAN TEAMS TO WIN THE ALL EUROPIAN TROPHIES!!!!!
FORZA SERIE A!!!!
FORZA ROMA!!!!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
It is a 3 horse race by now but by the time week 34th comes in, it will be a 2 horse race, just like last year... the question is which will be the 2 horses in week 34th...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts