Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma supremo Fabio Capello covets the Merengue Morientes and has sent to a representative to Madrid to propose a blockbuster trade for the Spaniard giving Montella in return.

I think it would be a bad move for both players. Montella is enjoying great form right now, playing well for both the Gialorossi and Italy. But he would find getting playing time just as difficult in Madrid with their star studded roster, as he has had in Rome. And as for Morientes, Spanish players usually degrade in the suffocating style of catenaccio in the Serie A. Morientes, like Mendieta, Claudio Lopez, etc. have a wide open, attacking style that is tailor made for La Liga, but are completely out of place in Italy.

This would be bad for both players and teams.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What's Capello's obsession with spanish strikers, players coming form la liga, tend to flop in serie a's defensive style of play.

·
Registered
328 Posts
To be honest guys and gals;) I don't see this happening, Montella is already a tested and proven striker in the very difficult Serie A for years, he has shown what an excellent goals per game ratio he has, as well as his great dribbling and passing skills he has, he is a completely different player from Morientes who is more of the traditional center forward (strong and potent) rather than a short, speedy and skillfull striker ala Montella so I just don't see it happening at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope Roma doesnt go for mori or tristan i think both of those players not even anything special. i want to see roma look for some players in the EPL or Budesliga. I think tristan and mori both get weak ass goals the whole time. i have never even see either of those guys throw a bick or drop a bomb of a shot from like 30. i think roma should go for Hasselbaink he has made foot skills and is a quality player that can play with others and make them better. as for mori in that bayern game i saw him choke big time. Roma needs players that can compete against the best in the world . i still think serie a has the best players in the world.

and Superpower why does it matter if your from the north or south. if your italian then you would love all the italian players that contribute to the greatest soccer nation in the world.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I read today in Gazzetta dello Sport that Roma and Milan are thinking of swapping Montella and Shevchenko..

Which team would end up winning in this deal is what I wonder..

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Having Sheva would be great but there almost identical players if Montella is not better which i believe he is so wed end up loosing an Italian for a foreigner and then both players would have to settle in to their respectives clubs, i say we sign Tristan and keep Vincenzo, thats all;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing shevchenko at all. he is a very skilled forward and creates alot of stuff for himself. he is good on the ball and off the ball which makes him deadle with the roma team. great passer to.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
we should get an italina based forward, a good one... for next season...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Roma should go after either Dario Hubner from Piacenza who has scored 22 goals so far or Filippo Maniero from Venezia who has scored 16 goals so far for next season.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
it's so hard Maniero, Marazzina, Corini...

·
Registered
346 Posts
feisky said:
Hubner is already 35 years old.....
Would he be as successful in Roma as he has been this year in Piacenza? I doubt it. In Piacenza he does not face the daily pressure he would face in Roma. Just because he's the current capocannoniere in Serie A does not mean he would automatically score all these number of goals in a team like Roma for example, where he would play in a much more stressed environment than in tranquil Piacenza.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Roma needs a good striker and i dont care where he come from because if roma had good a striker this season, roma would win the championship, Just look at how many chanses delvecchio missed this year.Next year we need a good striker then no team in serie a can stop roma from winning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts