1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/4026401.stm

Well, well, well....

Sorry about my rant that will proceed, I have been quite hurt and offended by many things I have read and heard, but the whole Spanish nation has been HAMMERED SOOO much for the actions of a few thousand CRAZY NAZI racist groups.

I have a bone to pick with many English that have said some DISGUSTING things about Spain.

As I said before, ENGLAND still has BIG racial problems and this was shown today. Spain has some problems regarding racism but England’s is MUCH bigger but more silent at the football matches.

Honestly, many English people have really let me down (Really I had such respect for the general population before all of this) on English football forums English people are being just as RACIST saying the ***** are a third world country and should be thrown out of football etc, etc....

How about all of the racism that has gone on over the years against the black players in the Celtic v Rangers derby’s? Please someone tell me why the English make no mention of this? and why is nothing ever done about it?

And in Italy and Holland? The racism is atrocious and yet no one is saying that we should throw out the Scots, Italians or Dutch? Only the Spanish? what on earth is going on with some people?

Again as I said in the other thread, I hear English people call French people frogs all of the time, also I hear them constantly say the Italians are all greasy etc etc, this I find equally as offensive as what I had hear in the Spain v England game on Wednesday, but those expressions are accepted? Pathetic....

Another thing I find REALLY rich and is off topic is many English complaining about their national anthem being booed? BWAH! ridiculous, they invented the booing of the oponents national anthem....

Anyway, the conclusions are that a few thousand DO NOT represent a NATION. I was brought up in Madrid and I can honestly say Racism in the general public is something I have never really heard. I have only seen it manifest itself in football matches where the NAZI groups "come out to play" and show their "real" faces

The fundamental thing is that people in every country need to be educated rigorously regarding race matters from a very young age.

Perhaps then over time, finally, people will be cultured and educated enough to have a more open, fair mind without prejudice....

P.S

Sorry to my good English friends, I wasn’t attacking all of the English at all, I know not all of the English nation is as stupid and as DUMB as some of your fellow countrymen and women....

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wasn't it because he played for Rovers? I don't know I didn't watch the game

How where they towards David Dunn? If they left him and only taunted Dwight then you may have a case against them otherwise they will just say it was because he played for Rovers.

Anyway like I said England isn't clean from 'racism' like the bias media make out, Far from it

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well its no suprise really, Infact if it wasn't for the hype this week about the monkey noises I doubt Dwight would of come out about it.

The media is full of shit like I said, England is full of ignorance

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
There is a difference between being chanted at from your colour skin, to calling some-one a frog.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Faisal said:
Well its no suprise really, Infact if it wasn't for the hype this week about the monkey noises I doubt Dwight would of come out about it.

The media is full of shit like I said, England is full of ignorance
I have started to realise this especially recently.

As you say, the ignorance AND hypocracy is ASTOUNDING.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amiumtaur said:
There is a difference between being chanted at from your colour skin, to calling some-one a frog.
Sorry that is just ridiculous.

Insinuating someone is a Monkey and SAYING someone is a FROG purely because of their French race, is EQUALLY as bad.

I can't believe you just said that.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I don't remember anyone blaming "The whole of Spain" for anything.

I do remember people blaming the Spanish racists at the England game, then I remember tons of people freaking out and going on a completely un-necessary attack on England.

Nobody ever said "Spain is full of racists and always has been". These CURRENT incidents have been highlighted BECAUSE they are so surprising, and because so many people took part. You have to ACT in a racist fashion to be called on it. It's ok for whoever it was to say "English stadiums are full of racism, but it's silent", but that doesn't make any sense. You can't attack or condemn people for NOT doing something.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
What? I watched that match and they were booing him because he was ex-rovers. We saw shots of the crowd and they were booing and whistling.

You will note the stewards threw out a MAN (singular) for "hand-gestures". Yorke mentions only two 'abusing' him. You're comparing two fans to a whole ground and Yorke has every reason to make rubbish up or maybe misunderstanding the abuse. Funny he could make out two men being racist from thousands booing him. They used the word 'apparently' as well, so it isn't even proven. In anycase the ground dealt with it immediately, it was one or two people and this isn't factual as yet. No englishman ever claimed there was no racism in England, just pointed out the fact that there hasn't been a display like that for decades. Clearly this is a BIG problem! Muppet.

As for the English/French, we have centuries of dispute in our history... we dislike each other in general. Mutual loathing isn't racist, unless you are racist for disliking barcelona?

Then you go on to accuse the media of being hypocritical, the papers aren't even out yet and you use the bbc as a source ffs. The only thing this has proven is how desperately moronic you can be.

Nice anecdotal evidence by the way. Let me respond with 'I keep seeing spaniards saying how those blacks got what they deserve' thus proving how racist you all are. :rollani: What a joke. Keep up your strawman fallcies too, they make you look cool. No, really.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well, well, well....do you seriously think that abuse - not yet confirmed - from TWO people is equivalent to what THOUSANDS of people did to systematically strip the English blacks of their dignity? Have you read the report on that link? There has already been one ejection and if abuse is confirmed, you can be sure that the full weight of the law and human rights organisations will be brought to bear and those two racists will never set foot in a professional football ground in England again. WHAT ARE THE SPANISH GOING TO DO? The thousands who perpetrated the abuse in Madrid will go merrily on their way without any sanction. Amigo, you are clutching at the thinnest of straws. Put your house in order before deflecting things to the English who have a record of at least recognising their problems and trying to solve them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Roy Race said:
Well, well, well....do you seriously think that abuse - not yet confirmed - from TWO people is equivalent to what THOUSANDS of people did to systematically strip the English blacks of their dignity? Have you read the report on that link? There has already been one ejection and if abuse is confirmed, you can be sure that the full weight of the law and human rights organisations will be brought to bear and those two racists will never set foot in a professional football ground in England again. WHAT ARE THE SPANISH GOING TO DO? The thousands who perpetrated the abuse in Madrid will go merrily on their way without any sanction. Amigo, you are clutching at the thinnest of straws. Put your house in order before deflecting things to the English who have a record of at least recognising their problems and trying to solve them.
In Spain we could learn in a way from England's crackdown on the racism that comes to the fore in some matches, but England as an atrocious problem with racism, not just in football but in general society, John Barnes was saying the exact same thing as me on radio 5 Live today.

The English fans that where blatantly racist 10 years ago are still there, they still go to the games....Or do you naively think they have become saints all of a sudden?

It's all well and good making people's voices more quiet, but the REAL problem in England is still there, and I will give you an example.

Tell me please, if England has been so great regarding racism overall and not just in football, then how come a clearly overtly RACIST political party such as the BNP are still allowed to exist?

Not only do the BNP exist, but they are more popular NOW and have more support than ever before?

Not such a great house in order eh Roy Race?

Sorry but I am still seething at all of the disgusting things that have been said by many English about Spain and very unjustly when England are no better.

We ALL need to sort it out regarding the race issue, Spain isn't alone.

·
Registered
68,583 Posts
Davud did i say every Eastern european country? no. but racism in EE is rampant, are u saying that it isn't?

·
Registered
893 Posts
José Mari said:
In Spain we could learn in a way from England's crackdown on the racism that comes to the fore in some matches, but England as an atrocious problem with racism, not just in football but in general society, John Barnes was saying the exact same thing as me on radio 5 Live today.

The English fans that where blatantly racist 10 years ago are still there, they still go to the games....Or do you naively think they have become saints all of a sudden?

It's all well and good making people's voices more quiet, but the REAL problem in England is still there, and I will give you an example.

Tell me please, if England has been so great regarding racism overall and not just in football, then how come a clearly overtly RACIST political party such as the BNP are still allowed to exist?

Not only do the BNP exist, but they are more popular NOW and have more support than ever before?

Sorry but I am still seething at all of the disgusting things that have been said by many English about Spain and very unjustly when England are no better.

You have nothing to apologise for, but perhaps the BNP exists in England/UK because England/UK is a democracy. And although the reasonable majority there wouldn't agree with such extremism, being democratic, they will defend people's right to hold a particular political belief, as long as it does not directly do harm to others. You must realise you are on dangerous ground if you attempt to widen this FOOTBALL issue to mainstream politics. What does the fact that Spain doesn't have an extreme right wing political party prove? You obviously know just how recently Spain was a fascist dictatorship. That being the case, is there any surprise that there is now no recognised extreme right party in Spain? Do we need to discuss the degree to which the spirit of Franco reappeared at the Bernabeu? I certainly don 't want to - so stick to football. And tell me exactly what is to be done to all those nice, normal people - male, female, adult, child - shown on prime-time stripping the blacks of their dignity? Tell me the mechanisms Spain has in place to right the wrong that was perpetrated wholesale on those black players? Of course there are many, aren't there? English people can list what their organisations are doing to address race-hate in their football. Can anyone do the same for Spain?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
José Mari said:

Really? What did John Barnes say then? How come the other black English players say nothing of it?

Really? Proof? Oh thats right, you're making this rubbish up as you go along. Not even bothering to look at your own article before using it in your feeble strawman arguments. They have been educated, banned or have simply realised it is not worth the trouble.

Thats your example? For starters that group is a joke, it has a few hundred people and all of them take abuse every single day and ARE crucified by the media at every opportunity. They don't openly admit they are racist because when they do they get utterly trashed and those members then get thrown out of the BNP. Members have been caught out before and thrown out as a result. There was a good documentary that exposed them from channel 4. This also is a red herring since this has no bearing on football. No one made claims about England not having racists, so why are you so lazy in your debating that you can't actually address anything brought up. So you would be in favour of England having thought police and arresting people for having differing views on the world? Yeah, great... that'll get rid of racism. Because that has worked so well in the past. I can't believe how pathetic your arguments are.

Again, proof?

Yeah, you sure gave Roy a real going over.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
oh yeah, two idiots have a pop at Dwight Yorke and all of a sudden it is hypocrisy for condemning thousands in the Bernabeu :wallbang:

anyway Jose, i saw no-one on these forums saying the whole Spanish nation were racists or calling anyone *****, so why bother us with your waffle ? go to the forums that were saying this, although i wouldn't really bother because they are obviously braindead.

and we admit we have got plenty of racist elements still in our society.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.