Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What moment of pure brilliance or pure luck changed a player's life.

Mine :D

R.Carlos ... That freekick :depress: It was good I admit. Because of that the guy still take freekicks for Real even though his freekick to goal ration is something like 300 to 1.

Redondo .... That move against Man U to make a fool of ? and ?. Believe me when I say he was a no-one in the eyes of hardcore epl fans and media. I respected him before that but this is just redondo in the view of epl fans.

Rooney ... The wonder goal :rolleyes: against arsenal

Zidane ... Two lucky headers against Brazil plus one good game against Ajax in 96(?)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
See, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about Calcio.

Hating bald men > race baiting. :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Beckham, That halfway line goal.

Recoba's famous debut for Inter on the same day as Ronaldo's debut.

Micheal Owen's goal against Argentina WC98(5mill to 50million lol)

Can't be arsed to think of anymore but these players names grew alot in those moments

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Are we talking about them maturing as players or how their repuation changed?

The halfway line goal made the guy's name stick in most football fans mind.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Faisal said:
Are we talking about them maturing as players or how their repuation changed?.
Reputation.

I admit Becks red card changed his life. And being the genuise that he is, he used it to his advantage.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Anelka scoring two goals against England at Wembley, this changed him from a good prospect to a player that Lazio and RM were willing to pay over £20m for, also it changed Anelka's brothers perception of him and they decided that he was too good to play for the Arsenal. :sigh:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
papa said:
Reputation.

I admit Becks red card changed his life. And being the genuise that he is, he used it to his advantage.
Yes that changed his life obviously, He got even more attention and hype and used this victimization BS, Got the confidence to **** Posh etc get kiuds name them stupid names, Get more hype do more crosses, Get more hype and commercials etc etc. Beckhamania was crazy though lol all those crazy Japanese fans saying BACKHOM BACKHOM.

Gillette the best a man can get, LOL I hate that commercial, This guy is everywhere.

Anyway I liked him after than Wimbeldon goal as a player thats what made him stick in my mind but when all this other BS happened and England got obsessed with his life I couldn't understand it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob Edwards said:
Dunno, I'd have called it "breakthrough moments" otherwise though.
That's a better title. I actually took a while to make some sensible title. English language :mad:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
papa said:
What moment of pure brilliance or pure luck changed a player's life.

Zidane ... Two lucky headers against Brazil plus one good game against Ajax in 96(?)
never thought i'd actually agree with calcio :eekani:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You shouldn't assume he is calcio (whoever he is) simply because I was accused of being a former member on a site I joined and the twat doing the accusing was not only wrong but OTT

I mean if both Papa and Calcio talk sh1te then there may be a common factor but lots of forums have ten a penny sh1te talkers (mostly manu fans.........)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Owzat said:
You shouldn't assume he is calcio (whoever he is) simply because I was accused of being a former member on a site I joined and the twat doing the accusing was not only wrong but OTT

I mean if both Papa and Calcio talk sh1te then there may be a common factor but lots of forums have ten a penny sh1te talkers (mostly manu fans.........)
i'm trying not to assume he claims he's not calcio...

a lot of peepz talk shite, thats not why, it more his statements and comments which sound more and more alike to calcio's, hope he's not though...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
papa is defo calcio, everything from the absurd threads to always bringing up the race card about the England NT.

·
Registered
56,256 Posts
i wonder what is called "lucky headers"

on the topic i think the 2 goals thuram scored in the 98 wc changed him into a sort of james bond:D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
the other connection i can make is that calcio's last name was cm burns,
a character from the simpsons, he has homer on his avatar presently.. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
papa is defo calcio, everything from the absurd threads to always bringing up the race card about the England NT.
Well I'll take your word for it, the retarded racism sh1te is not really funny though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Owzat said:
Well I'll take your word for it, the retarded racism sh1te is not really funny though.
after all you people have done to us. A little racial comment in a soccer board still make you turn red. Racists :nono:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Let's just keep to the topic of discussion. :) No need to bring in other things like racism etc.

The moment Ronaldo ate his first Big Mac is a moment that changed him forever as well. How could you miss that one Calcio? :eekani:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts