Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the moment of truth for Yu football.

I cant believe that I'm saying this, but in a way, I'm pleased that we did not quolify for the WC. Why go there & embarras yourself? Why go there & play baby's game with adults?

It's the moment of truth. What we have been doing is madness. Changing coach everynow & then. No. What our football needs is a change of generation. nothing less than that.

Two things.

First. After today's game for third place with Russia, Savicevic's experimenting time is finished. I expect him to make a list of 20 or so players around which the team will revolve. His own generation (Mijat, Miha & Co) are his friends. But dont take your "out-of-the-field" friendship on the pitch. Go somewhere else & be friends. Not as a coach & player, because it will not work. It did not work so far, it will not work in the future.

Second. Dejo runs the team on his own. He has no scouts, no PPL to help him. You need PPL that will help you out in your decision making. PPL that will tell you that this or that guy deserves or not a place in the team. Keep your word as final, everyone expect's that from you, but do it in a team.

and for us , the fans,.....

Finns & Wales are big teams for us to beat. No more past glory. We are at the bottom. Bright side is that only way is up.;)

God help us

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
aca said:
God help us

Nah, sorry, I'm too busy....:D

But seriously, that moment of truth has been coming every game since the games against Russia last year, and the only truth coming out of them is that we SUCK! :(

Things are not going to change any time soon...

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Yup, I agree. leave out all the old ones even if they DO GOOD sometimes.. start over again and practice with the younger ones, create a new team! I would like to see them come together for a month and then just practice practice practice. There's really nothing more to it than get to know each other on the pitch and make sure the touch is there. Hey, we are talking about people that can actually play soccer so once there's a collective on the field our boys can do gooooooood

This means I am against tournaments etc etc before the guys have trained together 4 weeks at least.

bye bye Miha Pedja Slavisa :tongue:

·
Registered
117 Posts
hmmm, im not so sure that going with the youg guys is the best bet. i don't think they play with the same loyalty. the younger guys just want to get some caps so that they can increase their value before they start to look at moving abroad. i stll think what we need is a good coach, who can motivate players and teach them how to play like they want to win...for the full 90.

im curious why we let some great talent play for other countries, why are we not going after them. there are several talented players that have chosen to play of other nations, what the deal?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Like who? I can't think of many..

·
Registered
631 Posts
Bojan Djordjic, Stefan Selakovic and uhmmm...

Not exactly world class players (Selakovic was even left out of the Swedish World Cup squad in favour of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who showed less in a full season with Ajax than Selakovic did in only half a season wth Heerenveen. though I do think Zlatan has far more potential than him) but it's still disappointing that the only foreign born player we've had recently was the "great" Slobodan Komljenovic.

Btw Switzerland (!) won the European U17 Championship the other week and they had about 5 Serb or Croat players in their squad, two of them were apparantly among the best players of the tournament. Seems like at least one of us has missed out on a couple of promising youngsters.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The Croats have a few of those type of players too, Sinisa Mihajlovic was one of them. I bet if Miha was playing for Croatia, it would be all the Croats defending him, and the Serbs spitting on him right now! Actually, even the Serbs are spitting on him right now.... ;)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
They were Serbs Renfurm. All of Switzerland is spread with Serbian football clubs, which is OK but I dont understand FSJ doesnt keep an eye on them. I bet all of them want to play for Serbia rather than Switzerland. Anyway for those younger ones its not too late, they can switch. Sinisa is about the only one we have thats half Cro I believe. Croatia has 3 players that could have played for Serbia too. Anyway they chose not to so yeah what can you do but wish em luck in WC.

Selakovic (Heerenveen) and Djordjic (ManU youth) are a lot better than Komljenovic ;) and the thing with the first is that he actually plays for his team! Maybe he indeed fits Sweden more :howler:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Jug Bogdan said:
The Croats have a few of those type of players too, Sinisa Mihajlovic was one of them. I bet if Miha was playing for Croatia, it would be all the Croats defending him, and the Serbs spitting on him right now! Actually, even the Serbs are spitting on him right now.... ;)
not me people, we have expressed honest opinions about many a croat player that was out of line, we wouldn't spare Miha even if he played for us, at least not the guys on our forum anyway.

We don't resent him because he plays for Yugo either, we couldn't give a crap if he was Pele, a lot of Croatian born sportsmen play for Yugo at various sports, Stojakovic in Basketball, Miha and Bunjevcevic in football and Dokic in tennis, we don't consider them Croats or claim them as Croatians.

Is Djordjic playing for England or something?

We have A LOT of Croats playing for other nations. Vastic, Golemac, Strupar, the Aussie Croats and a heap of others. I am not sure about the nationality of the Swiss u21 team though, they could very well be from these regions.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Djordjic plays for the Swedish U21 team.

Masnadiera said:
They were Serbs Renfurm. All of Switzerland is spread with Serbian football clubs, which is OK but I dont understand FSJ doesnt keep an eye on them. I bet all of them want to play for Serbia rather than Switzerland. Anyway for those younger ones its not too late, they can switch.
Are you sure about that? I know that playing in a competative U21 match ties you to that country forever, and I figured the same applies for the U17 team, so the ones who played in Denmark a couple of weeks ago can be written off.

Unless you were talking about young Swiss Serbs who haven't been capped yet, in that case ignore what I just wrote. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ero said:

We don't resent him because he plays for Yugo either, we couldn't give a crap if he was Pele, a lot of Croatian born sportsmen play for Yugo at various sports, Stojakovic in Basketball, Miha and Bunjevcevic in football and Dokic in tennis, we don't consider them Croats or claim them as Croatians.
i'm not sure we're talking about people BORN in other countries, for my part i meant people who are at least have serb and may have been born elsewhere. besides, i thought stojakovic was born in serbia.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
no, he was born in Slavonia, Pozega to be exact.

Sure there's a lot of immigrants born elsewhere that play for their birth countries, I feel these sportsman belong equally to their birthplace and their heritage, be it Serbian or whatever.

You don't see us complaining when Simunic and Seric (born in Australia) play for Croatia, just like we don;t complain when Vastic or Stojakovic play for their chosen countries. These players shouldn't be judged. I support them in their NT careers.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don't mention Stojakovic please :rolleyes:

And rules exist to be broken :D no seriously I think it should be possible to switch from teams, but only once. So not make a habit. ITs quite strange if one official game with a junior team leaves you stuck with that country forever.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ero said:
no, he was born in Slavonia, Pozega to be exact.

Sure there's a lot of immigrants born elsewhere that play for their birth countries, I feel these sportsman belong equally to their birthplace and their heritage, be it Serbian or whatever.

You don't see us complaining when Simunic and Seric (born in Australia) play for Croatia, just like we don;t complain when Vastic or Stojakovic play for their chosen countries. These players shouldn't be judged. I support them in their NT careers.
are you sure we're talking about the same stojakovic? the info on the NBA stojakovic is that he was born in beograd:confused:

anyway, i'm not judging anyone for playing where they do, what i'm bothered by is that respective associations and coaches are failing to pursue some of the talent outside serbia. croatia has done a better job of going after players, but still there are some great ones that wound up playing for someone else. i know most croats hate miha, but imagine if he was playing for croatia in 98...could croatia have gone to the WC finals???

most of the players in question want to play on an NT, and if we don't go after them then they will play for whoever does.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I doubt that most Croats think much of Miha's playing ability other than he used to be one of the most dangerous spot kick takers in the World.

I'm sure most of us feel all we needed was Boksic to be healthy for that WC in '98.:(

There are a lot of talanted soccer players here in Canada (Croatian and even some Serb) when they are are at the youth stage, 16 and under, but lack development, connections in europe and motivation to pursue a proffesional carreer. Most quit the game when they finnish school and have to work for a living. Australia does a lot better with their soccer system.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Annihilator, they also write Dokic was born in Beograd sometimes, I dont exactly why, some say it's because they want to avoid the fuzz explaining why they left Croatia but a much more logical point is -i think- most sources dont do research as they should and simply write BG for 'em. Stojakovic was born in Slavonska Pozega, thats really true ;)

Yeah Super Croat, I can only think of one Canadian football player at Bayern Munchern, I suspect Canada just isn't in for football that much yet, you need more immigrants :D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
na, it's bad research, it's alot easier to put Belgrade, Dokic was born in Osijek, but moved to Belgrade in 1991. Her father was on TV doing an interview for SBS, and her official website says it.

dang, I never knew Djodjic decided for Sweden..

·
©
7,230 Posts
We had our own elbow throwers in France 98....we didn't need Mihajlovic.:tongue:

What Djordic decided is what happens here in Australia. Nearly all of the players chose to play for Australia which is a natural decision. What Seric and Simunic decided is not the norm. I remember in the mid 90's the Australian youth team was almost entirley made up of players with Croatian heritage. They played for Australia and were proud of it. I think it is unrealistic to expect them to play for another country because most are more comfortable playing for the country where they grew up most in.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ero her father has -supposedly!- said other things about it too, that they put BG to avoid questions about the Croatian residence, but anyway the thing is they never lived in BG either, they went from Osijek to Sombor. In Serbia it's quite common if you live near the capital (also 50 k's away from it) to say you actually are from BG :D (She doesnt have an official site...)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts