Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are molinas chances of going to euro 2004?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
By his performances recently I'd say they are BIG. He's been probably the best keeper in Spain recently. Canizares, Molina and the Madrid keeper(his name is just blurred out at the moment:pp ) are some really great keepers.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The chances are non existant because the 3rd keeper will not play anyway and will just be a young goalkeeper to give him the feel of the competition. Suitable choices are Aranzubia who's the best, Reina and Valdes.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well even tough it's small there is a chance that the 2 first keepers will get injured so they might need the 3rd one...:D
Nahh seriously I know that Molina probably won't play at Euro but I think that he will be the third one going there judging by his recent form...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
BaDaniS said:
Who's this Aranzubia fella? what team is he playing for?
He plays for Athletic Club Bilbao, also played for 2000 Olympic Team. Ask more in Basque Forum;)

I think Molina has no chance. Saez already said he will pick youngsters. And considering the Spain NT's future, I suggest him to step out.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
BaDaniS said:
Nahh seriously I know that Molina probably won't play at Euro but I think that he will be the third one going there judging by his recent form...
But the 3rd keeper has nothing to do with the way he performs and his form. It's all about age and potential.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
seolkihyun said:
He plays for Athletic Club Bilbao, also played for 2000 Olympic Team. Ask more in Basque Forum;)

I think Molina has no chance. Saez already said he will pick youngsters. And considering the Spain NT's future, I suggest him to step out.
The chosen will be Aranzubía. Molina isn't even considered for Sáez, as some press says. He said once that he didn't care about the NT, the important thing was the club. He used a style like showing that the NT was secondary to him. I don't know.

Personally, I think he has done some good performances, but others quite awful like in Milan, IMO.

I think that Aranzubía (Athletic) and Victor Valdés (FC Barcelona) have done a better season.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
the first two much be canizares and casillas. the third should be for a young guy. as bailemos has said, the third seat has nothing to do. imo, it has different meanings to different age players. it may be a little bit disrespectful for a aged player since he should think he should do something in his last period in the team. (molina is about 34.) the third place for a young kid can boost his motivation since it gives him hope and incentive to climb up. it is aranzubia and valdes (though i find jorguera more impressive and potential than valdes).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts