Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legrottaglie ponders exit Thursday 9 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicola Legrottaglie’s agent has confirmed that his client could leave Juventus after Christmas.

"He’s not finding a lot of space in the Juventus team at this moment in time," stated Alessandro Moggi.

"We may think about a change in January even if we haven’t spoken about it yet. After all, there are still 20 days until the market opens."

The defender arrived at the Stadio Delle Alpi from Chievo in the summer of 2003 but has struggled.

He was heavily criticised for his performances in his first campaign and now doesn’t feature in Fabio Capello’s plans.

Legrottaglie is no more than a squad player now after the signing of Fabio Cannavaro from Inter.

The Italian international defender has been linked with a move to Roma, to work under former Chievo boss Gigi Del Neri.

Meanwhile, Moggi has commented on rumours that he could soon become the director general of Roma.

"It would fascinate me to come up against my father (Juve director general) Luciano," he revealed.

"But I would only do that if I was asked by a big club. Roma? They are certainly that."

channel4

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
As far as I am concerned,Legro can stay at Juve and rot away,until they enhance his performances via EPO.As for Moggi jnr.,he should wait and take over from his father at Junkientus.The GEA does NOT belong in Rome.I would tather see my club starve of success,than reduce itself to the same principles of winning as shown at Junkientus. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It will happen in January it's so on the cards,Le Grots will come back to play under Del Neri.The guy was outstanding at Chievo and I can't see why Capello hasn't used him much since he wanted him at Roma.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If thinking positive, man could see Legrottaglie having moral and cheer up boost if joined to Roma. It's true he has been a crap in juve but shit happens also to good and promising players and maybe that's what he has been going through. There was a hype of him 1½ years ago, so I think he can't be that bad what they now tell. And because now we're hardly missing Chivu and finding our defense problematic (Panucci atleast), Legrot could do something for us. I don't remember his position, but as a Panucci replacement in 3-men defenseline he could be useful.

Moggi can boost himself with EPO in Torino, nobody wants him in Rome.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
When would Legrottaglie play? Would we get rid of Dellas? We have Dellas, Ferrari, Chivu, Mexes, Panucci, Sartor (Never going to play for Roma again- ever) and Scurto as well if you would like Cufre. This is who we have in a 3-man defence, unless we are getting rid of someone like Dellas then we have no need for Legrottaglie. Panucci is getting older and mistake prone and really should be upgraded. But since we are playing with 3 in the back and are more exposed to the through ball as seen in the Real game then we should get a fast defender like Chiellini:D. No, seriously if we are going to get another defender it should be someone who is fast and able to play on the wings.

If we were to get Legrottaglie then he would not play very much and be a waste or we would bench Dellas and upset the teams defence. I am not opposed to him coming here to Roma- just questioning the need for him. I mean how are we even going to play Chivu when he is healthy. Are we going to bench Dellas, or Mexes, or Ferrari? Or just not play Chivu at all. However it is very unlikely that we are going to get him anyway since there are more pressing concerns for Roma right now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This season, Chivu is out, Panucci is lost, Cufre plays (imo well) as LW or LWB now, Sartor doesn't belong to our defense and Scurto is still too young. Ferrari improves all the time, so 3-men defence with Mexes-Dellas-Ferrari/Legrot as a first choice. If someone's injured or something there would be a real replacement, not a hazard, as we have now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Whether we have a def problem any more or not, Legrot would be as a good replacement there anyway. And the point is he is coming after christmas, not for next season when Chivu's fit. And if I'm working now here as a GM, we sell/let go Panucci and Sartor in summer, so there will be just right amount of defenders, that we have quality also on bench.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Le Grots is nowhere as bad as what people make him out to be,If he played well once then why simply can't he again?I'm convinced if he comes to Roma under Del Neri we'll see the real Nicoletto.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
romafan53 said:
He's probably worse. Thanks, but no thanks.
Well sais,romafan53.In life,you live by your decisions.He could have joined us 2 seasons ago,instead he choose bianco(poco)neri(tanto)instead. :nono: Give me 1 good reason we should give him a second chance.For all I care,he can linger in the Juve reserves for the rest of his playing career.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
romafan53 said:
He's probably worse. Thanks, but no thanks.
That's always a possibility ;) ,But I really doubt it.remember how well he performed under del Neri at Chievo?I don't think it was a fact of him more choosing La vecchia Vacca :shades: ,but more to the case that Juve quickly came out with the cash bang.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Legrotaglie isn't very fast the best place to put him would be to put him in Dellas' position and I doubt we are willing to do that. I agree though Sartor should be gotten rid of and if we can make some money off Panucci then let sell him. That leaves Ferrari, Dellas, Mexes, Chivu and Scurto and a couple of other youth team players. I think we are reasonably well covered in the defence position and we could use Legrotaglie but that there are for more weaker areas in Roma that we should concentrate on. And in a pinch the youth team players will do.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Le Grottaglie isn't that bad at all,If he done rather well at Chievo and showed he has something then he isn't a total failure.For various reasons he's struggled at Juve,When a player doesn't get much action and is expected to produce on Impact and have barely any confidence then that's no surprise.
He needs to play more regularly I seriously feel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts