Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moggi reveals Juve transfer plans Monday 6 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi has stated that the club will not make any significant big money signings this summer.

But Moggi told Radio Anch’Io Lo Sport on Monday that only a small number of changes will take place at the Delle Alpi. Which won’t include the signing of River Plate youngster Andres D’Alessandro.

"D’Alessandro will not be arriving at Juventus. The squad is already competitive as it is. There will be a few alterations and we’re bringing in Davide Baiocco from Perugia and Matteo Brighi will return from Bologna," he said.

Nevertheless, Juventus are in contention with Milan for the signature of Parma stopper Fabio Cannavaro who yesterday played his last game for the club."

:eek: :dazed:( :mad: :depress: :fero: :frownani: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

I was afraid this was going to happen. Since we won Lo Scudetto, we're suddenly the best team in the world. We don't need any improvements, and we have forgotten all about the struggle we had in the Champions League, and in the middle of the campaign. The lack of creativity, the problems in the middle defence and the left back, and the fact that we don't have to good options for back up if a first player becomes injured has been obvious, and we must improve, and I think we at least need 1 class defender, 1 class midfielder and 1 very good backup striker. Additional, we also need a couple of descent back up players. If the goal is to win Lo Scudetto again, and improve in Europe, this is a must. If we don't do this...

:mad: :devil: :fero: :groan: :nasty: :frownani: :irritate: :frustrat: :sigh: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :( :depress: :cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dream would be a three back line with Montero-Cannavaro-Thuram. If we do this, we will solve the problems concerning Thuram.

In midfield, I want Nedved-Davids-???-Zambrotta.

Offensive midfielder will probably be Doni.

Strikers is of course Del Piero and Trezeguet.

If we don't sell to many, we will have these teams:

Buffon

Montero-Cannavaro-Thuram
Nedved-Davids-??-Zambrotta
Doni
Del Piero-Trezeguet

Chimenti (prob)

Iuliano-Zanchi (if we bring him back)-Tudor
Zenoni-Brighi-Conte-Pessotto
Maresca
Mutu (prob)-Salas

We will also have another backup keeper, Ferrara, Fresi, Baiocco and Zalayeta as backup. Some of these will of course be sold.

Out will Carini, Rampulla, Birindelli, Paramatti., Tacchinardi and Amoruso go.

This is of course my dream team, and a know a couple of players that I want to keep, will be sold.

But if the team will be something like this next year, me

:) :cool: :D :tongue: :howler: :smileani: :proud: :relieved: :excited: :happy:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Is that confirmed, that Cannavaro played his last match for Parma?

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Yes he's leaving, and he's said so. Question is, to where? He has been linked to Juve but also Milan.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Frimani,
I agree with for the 3 man back line, except that I would have
Thuram - Montero - Canavaro in this order.
I would also like to see Tudor as our defensive Midfielder. He ads some much strength and stability. Davids in my opinion is a keeper, at least for another season until Biacco or Brighi can prove that they can take over. I'm not gonna speculate on who will leave us this summer but here is my ideal formation:

________________Buffon_______________
____Thuram______Montero______Canavaro
___________Tudor______Davids_________
Zambrotta________?????_________Nedved
_______Tresegol___________DP_________

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I know that Moggi is not to trust, and that he always tells that "Juve is not going to buy" "Juve is not going to sell".

As said, I hope Juve will go "shopping" this year aswell. But they must not become like Inter and Lazio :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Playing a 3 man defence with Nedved on the left wing is a waste of talent if you ask me.

Moggi? Don't believe anything he sais. Last year he said he wouldn't sell Zidane, that he wouldn't sell Van Der Sar.

I would not expect major changes unless the big name players want to leave. I'm talking about Thuram and Davids in particular.

If it were me, I would buy:

Doni
Zauri
Mutu

.....and sell:

Tacchinardi (already got Baiocco and getting Brighi back)
Amoruso
Paramatti

My line-up next year would be:

_______________BUFFON________________

THURAM___TUDOR___MONTERO___PESSOTTO/(ZAURI)

_______________DAVIDS________________

____ZAMBRO________________NEDVED____

________________DONI_________________

_______TREZEGUET_____DEL PIERO________

GK: Buffon, Scarpi?, Rampulla
DEF: Thuram, Tudor, Montero, Pessotto, Zauri, Iuliano, Ferrara, Birindelli.
MID: Zambrotta, Zenoni, Davids, Baiocco, Brighi, Nedved, Maresca, Doni, Conte.
FWD: Trezeguet, Del Piero, Salas, Mutu, Zalayeta

A squad of 25 key players.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Moggi talks a lot of bull**** if u ask me. its obvious that we didnt win the scudetto convincingly and players must leave and we must buy players if we are to be competetive in the CL.

we have got:
mutu
brighi
baiocco
ze maria
fresi
chimenti

all for next season already. moggi cant deny that they are joining.

Doni is also certain to join.

Cannavaro will join only if Parma get Montero OR if Thuram leaves.

i would like to see a player like Coco or Chivu joining us as well.

this would be my ideal team:

------------------------buffon-------------------

-----------thuram------cannavaro-----tudor-------------

---zambro--------nedved---------davids------------coco-------

------------------------------doni-------------------------

--------------trezeguet---------------del piero-----------

bench: chimenti, zenoni, fresi, ferrara, pessotto, ze maria, iuliano, maresca, brighi, baiocco, conte, mutu, salas, zalayeta

that would be my squad for next season.

tacchinardi, birindelli, parramatti, amoruso, carini and montero out.

i would rather keep thuram who is 2 years younger than montero in order to get cannavaro. montero gets injured a lot these days and its better if we get a champion in exchange for him like cannavaro.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well leke ToniSamp said, do we have to believe Moggi.

But you can interpret it in another way too: for the past season Juve did some major changes, a solid basis for the future. The squad needs only backup, especially in midfield. This can be done with good players that aren't necessary stars.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Moggi: ''Abbiamo già preso Baiocco, Brighi e Fresi, qui ci fermiamo''

A Radio Radio il d.òg. bianconero esclude gli arrivi di Cannavaro e Doni

La Juventus pensa già al mercato, e il direttore generale bianconero Luciano Moggi ne ha parlato ai microfoni bianconeri. E ha smentito un nteresse per l'atalantino Cristiano Doni: "Abbiamo già Nedved, non ci piace quando si creano le sovrapposizioni di ruoolo. I nostri acquisti si fermano con chi abbiamo già preso: Baiocco, Brighi e Fresi. Soprattutto, non compriamo nessuno in difesa, dove ritroveremo Montero che quest'anno ci è mancato. In avanti nessun dubbio, punteremo su Del Piero. Davids? Avevamo ricevuto una richiesta dalla Lazio, però la trattativa non è mai stata impostata".

Maria Strada

Can someone translate? I only understand that Juve won't buy DOni. I hope he's not telling the truth

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well, of course Moggi is a big liar, but still , I can get his logic...
He said that we were not going to make any big money transfers. Well, he is right, cause players like Mutu,Baiocco,Ze Maria, Fresi and even Doni don't cost as much as Nedved+Thuram+Buffon did. So it is quite a normal thing seeing him saying that. Maybe that players are not THAT expensive, but of course we need them. And also Brighi is going to be back...so I consider our as a strong one. Nedved,Davids,Zambrotta,Maresca,,Tacchinardi,Conte + Brighi,Doni(?)....so sounds very very good.
The same I can say about our forwards: Del Piero, Treze, Zalayeta, Amoruso, Salas, Mutu....very very very good. Also Guzman has a big chance of getting promotion, but I would prefer him to be loaned out for a season than to be promoted at once.
About Baiocco,Ze Maria and Fresi ...well, I know that Ze Maria is a very good player. He can be a good crosser, and very helpful. About Fresi, he scored quite a lot this season for a defender, good substitute. And Baiocco, he has been talked about a lot lately, but I really know nothing about him.

Also, don't forget that we can get Athirson back(remember him?).

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Moggi lies. Why?

Why show your cards when you don't have to? If he tells everyone that he wants to spend big....it does 4 things:

1. Gets the existing players nervous (will I be traded?)
2. The sellers think they can ask a higher price.
3. Gets fans too exited and may cause dissapointment.
4. Gets the stock market aggitated.

But whart bugs me is that he should just say: "no comment" because after a while no-one believes him anyway!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
No Doni or Cannavaro for Juve? Tuesday 7 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristiano Doni and Fabio Cannavaro will not be joining Juventus according to the Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi.

The Turin official claims that the two players, heavily linked with the Delle Alpi outfit, will not be signed by the newly crowned champions of Italy.

"Doni doesn’t interest us. We already have Pavel Nedved and we have no intention of doubling up on roles," he told ‘Radio Radio.’

The Atalanta playmaker, who will feature for the Azzurri at the World Cup, had been hotly tipped with a move to Juve but could now end up at Roma.

Moggi went on to claim that Parma stopper Cannavaro isn’t an objective for the club. "We won’t be buying any more defenders," he added. "We will be focusing on Paolo Montero who has virtually missed all of this season with injury."

Moggi continued: "We’ve already signed Davide Baiocco (Perugia), and Bologna duo Matteo Brighi and Salvatore Fresi and we’ll stop there."

The controversial director general also confirmed the futures of Edgar Davids and Alessandro Del Piero.

"Lazio did ask us for Davids but we didn’t want to follow up the negotiations. As for Del Piero, we will keep banking on him and his future here has never been put into doubt."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts