Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've seen it on a program and they translated some articles from La Gazzetta dello Sport. Too bad I Don't have a source, but it was in the lines of Moggi attacking Lippi because of the many injured players. Also some players (Del Piero and Trezeguet) said that the summer preparations for the new season weren't good and are the main reason why Juve aren't doing well this year.

Is this true or what ? Anyone reads Italian newspapers ?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
All I could find was This

He doesn't say a bad word against Lippi but he does at the fitness of players etc. He reassures Lippi of his job. :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
What amazes me in all this is how suddenly things completely turned around for Juve. Just before their 2 consecutive losses against Lazio and Inter last fall, they were considered as the perfect team, the most solid team on earth and the exemple for all teams to follow and within a week, they fell back to earth and it went from there. From bad to worst. I have to admit, I would have never imagined this Juve to crumble this hard and this fast as they've done this season...:groan:

Not that I'm complaining mind you, but I'd rather see us beat a strong Juve rather than a floppy one. It makes it sweeter, like it did in Manchester...;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
It's just like in the 98/99 season. Juve played so well and then Del Piero got injured (against Udinese, 2-2). After that, we lost 2 matches in a row (3-0 to Bologna and 2-0 to Roma) and the rest is a history. We played bad the whole season (Exept for the Champions league), we lost 4-2 to Parma, Lippi resigned and we finished the season in the 6th place and needed the Intertoto cup to get playing in europe.

The history is coming back, folks...

·
Registered
819 Posts
CL...

But remember that Italian teams that finish Serie A in 3rd or 4th have to play those idiotic qualification rounds for the CL...

Since most of our players have been injured because of the long and intense season, this would only make it worse. :groan:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Re: CL...

ralford said:
But remember that Italian teams that finish Serie A in 3rd or 4th have to play those idiotic qualification rounds for the CL...

Since most of our players have been injured because of the long and intense season, this would only make it worse. :groan:
They do tend to be crap teams though...;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
like rangers?

or hellenisborgs?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
There was no bust up with Lippi and Moggi.

There an issue with Jens Bangsbo disagreeing with Ventrone's physical training programmes. Bangsbo wants us train more with the ball compared to Ventrone who's very keen on strenght/fitness training. The number of muscular injuries suggest that perhaps Ventrone is wrong and that overworking the players is what's causing these injuries.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Glen said:
The number of muscular injuries suggest that perhaps Ventrone is wrong and that overworking the players is what's causing these injuries.
Always agreeing with the Danes, eh Glen? ;)

Interesting to hear about the Bangsbo-Ventrone conflict.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Moggi has said he will go after the people he holds responsible...might mean the medical staff will get a bollocking...

Hmm...this is interesting as...if it's not the players to blame but the way they are prepared, then all this talking about a revolution at Juve sounds quite premature. ;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Roby said:
san siro, you never beat us in manchester. let's not forget that. ;)
we bagged gold and a trophy ( uggly one but none the less the most disireable one ) , you bagged tears.

dont forget that;)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Glen said:
There was no bust up with Lippi and Moggi.

There an issue with Jens Bangsbo disagreeing with Ventrone's physical training programmes. Bangsbo wants us train more with the ball compared to Ventrone who's very keen on strenght/fitness training. The number of muscular injuries suggest that perhaps Ventrone is wrong and that overworking the players is what's causing these injuries.
Considering the troubles we are having with the ball, and that football is not a test of pure fitness perhaps Bangsbo has a point.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I would'nt buy that for a second Moggi rubishing Lippi,I hardly doubt you could blame so much on Lippi this season.True it seemed like Lippi had the perfect squad,But Injuries and the problems with the defence could hardly be attributed to Lippi.
I would'nt let go of Lippi just yet.

·
Registered
780 Posts
peive_17 said:
we bagged gold and a trophy ( uggly one but none the less the most disireable one ) , you bagged tears.

dont forget that;)
Of course there were tears. It hurts to lose on the lottery that is called penalties. that's in the past. let's look forward. looking forward to a good game. i hope we play like juve. :fero:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts