Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LATEST NEWS

LUCA TO THE LANE
The Club is delighted to announce that it has reached agreement with Dinamo Zagreb for the transfer of Croatian midfielder, Luca Modric.

Personal terms have been agreed with the player and he will now undertake a medical and apply for a work permit.

:wth:

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
This better be a rumour. Decent team, but he can do better (even if I think it meant be too soon for Modric to move to the absolute top teams). But they are one of the few who can splash out with big bucks like its nothing, sometimes moreso then top teams, and they are just a middle team.

I was about to say The big wizard Berbatov finally gets a proper playmate to have fun with, but no way Berbatov will remain there.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
i agree he could have gone to a big club but it was not his choice..barca i think liiked him but not for the money mamic was looking for..they also have krkic and that mexican brazillian kid so midfield was not a top priority for them..arsenal would have been the ideal team for luka but wenger wont shell out 25 million euros for any player..thats why i think he is looking at kranjcar now as he would come alot cheaper then modric..

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
Krkic and Dos Santos play upfront or as wingers.

I think midfield is a priority for Barcelona, especially creative midfielders to (probably) replace Deco and to rotate with Xavi and Iniesta.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
insane price...simply overated player as poor scoring ability no prove big club
I don't think anyone can say he's overrated if they haven't watched him. I've seen him twice and I thought he was decent, but I was told it was one of his more average matches so I'm not gonna really judge him.

However, that is still a lot of money for an unproven player. No matter what some of his most ardent fans say, he is unproven. Now he has to prove himself. Will be interesting to see.

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
overclass is ridicolous. But its true in parts, I said in the earlier post Tottenham can shell out whatever to get someone quick. And Modric is good, but there are several good options on the market, and many top teams have good midfielders.

They were prolly waiting to the price to lower, and I not too interested or eager to pay 26m for him off the bat (while Tottenham, is only way they can get players others want, be quick and pay big, its still spring, no one buys players yet).

Might have been to fork up that amount if he has brilliant euro or something. But otherwise, 26m is not something you have too of a hurry to pay unless its the most of proven players or biggiest talents, and Modric might be that, but him playing in the Cro league, and not CL or such stage, and them only being able to see him in rare Cro NT, explains the reluctance (one has to justify that big fee before a bigger teams gets so willing to pay it).

Any way, I had allways said it might suit him better to have a middle pitstop like this before he goes to a top team, even if he is ready, it might be good to pace himself and build reputation. And then take the next step. This is atleast the big EPL with attention on it (no CL for him though). I was thinking randomly before that it might have suited him to replace Diego in Werder (CL football), and dominate there before going to a big team.

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
Modric had no leeway whatsoever? Or is he doesnt mind Spurs or similar club, and is happy to oblige Mamic. Anyway, obvious this deal was made quick by Mamic and Spurs now in spring, before the transfer mercato really starts. And doubt he would have gotten a better deal, so understandable to be quick to get the best deal you can (EPL teams are most willing to overpay).

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Seems to me like Modric is in some fight with Mamic and wanted to get rid of him so he would accept more/less anything... well i hate Mamic more than anything but gotta admit that dude knows his job. Thats like 10th player from his agency and Dinamo that he sold for more than 10mils.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Any way, I had allways said it might suit him better to have a middle pitstop like this before he goes to a top team, even if he is ready, it might be good to pace himself and build reputation. And then take the next step. This is atleast the big EPL with attention on it (no CL for him though). I was thinking randomly before that it might have suited him to replace Diego in Werder (CL football), and dominate there before going to a big team.
We ain't no pitstop son :nono:

Top 4 next season. Uefa Cup Champions. FA Cup winners

:thmbup:

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
Freddy, I like Tottenham (though 99% because of Berbatov), I do, and think they play good football compared to overall EPL standard (more so now with Ramos), despite the questionable defending. But if I look up posts of every year you been here, I am pretty sure I will find you saying that next season you will be top 4 :D

Just never happens. Instead you are more likely to self-destruct like this season despite the good players you have. But you making signings like Modric will take you to closer to your ambition atleast. But then 99% lose it again if you sell Berbatov. I rather he stays if him leaving means to Chelsea as its strongly rumoured.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
modric is a great talent and i have no doubt he will succeed at tottenham and the epl..he is a classic playmaker who can score but its is vision and creativty is what he is really good at..fans of tottenham will love this player because he works his asssss off and is very exciting to watch..hes a little bit like messi in that he is always moving..

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Unlucky boys :shades:

Stolen from under the noses of every club in Europe. That's how to make a transfer :proud:
Im not sure its quite a steal at that price ;)
Anybody offering the number being quoted would have had him posted First Class by that Mamic bloke

1 - 20 of 96 Posts