Xtratime Community banner

Modric or Xavi?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,857 Posts
Is this even a serious thread? Or just one to give WWE members an excuse to go for a spin on XT.

I mean I like Modric, he's a good player. But one most likely to be forgotten by the rest of the world in like a decades time, whereas Xavi marked himself as the midfielder of the era post-zidane.

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
Is this even a serious thread? Or just one to give WWE members an excuse to go for a spin on XT.

I mean I like Modric, he's a good player. But one most likely to be forgotten by the rest of the world in like a decades time, whereas Xavi marked himself as the midfielder of the era post-zidane.
Is this even a serious post? 😅😂🤣😂😅😆

Modric won the Ballon D'or and took Croatia to the WC final and 7 tourneys (and counting). And won 4 CLs (and counting).

Seriously guys, you are all embarrassing yourselves here disrespecting Modric. And then because its about Modric and Ante is in the thread, posters (under the protection of the admin who look the other way..surprise surprise) feel they can give insults at great posters like Ante without any repurcussions....shameful stuff.

And then a cheap shot at the WWE to boot. We literally keep the lights on around here son don't you guys ever forget that.

Have a good day.

#halamodric

·
Registered
64,441 Posts

Yea I can't wait to show my kid an 8 minute highlight of Xavi passing the ball back and forth with Iniesta over and over again.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Still waiting for the quotes from Ancelotti, Mourinho, Zidane, and ferguson saying Modric was "the best they'd ever seen". Or was that a lie?

·
10,857 Posts
Modric won a Balon D'or, that's all you have? It's also been won by luminaries such as Igor Belanov, Allan Simonsen and Oleg Blokhin all forgotten. Even though Modric isn't nearly as forgettable as those lot. But what I mean is his win is a nice story and all just like Nedved winning it or Weah winning it or Stoichov. But neither Nedved was a better player than Zidane not were Weah and Stoichov better than Marco Van Basten or Ronaldo.

·
Registered
64,441 Posts
Modric won a Balon D'or, that's all you have? It's also been won by luminaries such as Igor Belanov, Allan Simonsen and Oleg Blokhin all forgotten. Even though Modric isn't nearly as forgettable as those lot. But what I mean is his win is a nice story and all just like Nedved winning it or Weah winning it or Stoichov. But neither Nedved was a better player than Zidane not were Weah and Stoichov better than Marco Van Basten or Ronaldo.
I wouldn't say that Oleg Blokhin is forgotten. He was considered one of the best forwards in the world for about a decade.

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
"all" I've got? I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Let me guess, a barca fanboy?

Enjoy watching Modric captain us at Euros while little xavi will be watching him from the comfort of his couch as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
How about those quotes from the four managers? Did you just make them up?

·
10,857 Posts
"all" I've got? I think your reading comprehension is lacking. Let me guess, a barca fanboy?

Enjoy watching Modric captain us at Euros while little xavi will be watching him from the comfort of his couch as well.
So now your only remaining argument is that Xavi is retired and Modric isn't? You do realize Xavi has won the Euros twice right, being the best player in both of those editions. What was Modric doing in those tournaments? No one remembers, totally forgettable.

·
Registered
40,588 Posts
Yea I can't wait to show my kid an 8 minute highlight of Xavi passing the ball back and forth with Iniesta over and over again.
Voted Xavi, but this is true. 😂

Xavi was better, but let's not make Modric out to be some kind of scrub. He was a key player in a side that won 3 CL titles in a row and if that wasn't enough, he led Croatia to a WC final.

LIke I said in the WWE topic though, Pirlo > both.

·
Registered
33,647 Posts
So now your only remaining argument is that Xavi is retired and Modric isn't? You do realize Xavi has won the Euros twice right, being the best player in both of those editions. What was Modric doing in those tournaments? No one remembers, totally forgettable.
Lol yeah.

Xavi literally achieved everything in World football both club and country. As one of the best players for both.

People seriously need to rewatch Euro 2008, the CL final of 2009 etc again.

Guy was amazing, better than Pirlo let alone Modric.

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
Ok dude, you are a strange one and not worthy of Ante's time and response but I'll still play along to educate. Its painfully obvious that we know you (and others in this thread including one of my stalkers but I digress...) don't follow Croatia and Real Madrid, your complete lack of knowledge of Modric is not surprising..

Euro 2012 the player of the tournament was Iniesta and I don't even need to look that up, I remember he won it. A class player. So calling Xavi the "best player" is in your own mind.

As for what was Modric doing in those tournaments? I know you guys dont get Euro games there in the middle of the desert but I'll remind you what Modric did...

Euro 2008-he was on the player of the tournament team. And except for a heartbreaking last second goal and then penalty loss, Modric led the young Croatian team to 3 group stage wins including beating the Germans....

Euro 2012...I know you didn't watch Croatia vs Spain...but in that game Modric was the player of the game and everyone saw him outplay Iniesta and Xavi single handedly. If the ref had any balls, he'd have called a penaly on the Busquets mugging of Corluka 3 feet away from an empty goal..and would have led Croatia to the win over Spain. (4 years later we beat those diving midgets to get revenge at Euro 16)

At least watch the games run your mouth off. It would be like me commenting on falconry or camel racing...I have no clue about those. And never would pretend to know jack squat about them. I'd know enough to ask you for your thoughts.

PS Luka Modric at 34 is still going strong, scoring and starting for Real...captaining and leading Croatia to Euro. Little Xavi, at 34 was already milking camels in the desert....even at about 31/32 he was already done.

Verdict-Modric over Xavi easily, class dismissed.

·
10,857 Posts
Ok dude, you are a strange one and not worthy of Ante's time and response but I'll still play along to educate. Its painfully obvious that we know you (and others in this thread including one of my stalkers but I digress...) don't follow Croatia and Real Madrid, your complete lack of knowledge of Modric is not surprising..

Euro 2012 the player of the tournament was Iniesta and I don't even need to look that up, I remember he won it. A class player. So calling Xavi the "best player" is in your own mind.

As for what was Modric doing in those tournaments? I know you guys dont get Euro games there in the middle of the desert but I'll remind you what Modric did...

Euro 2008-he was on the player of the tournament team. And except for a heartbreaking last second goal and then penalty loss, Modric led the young Croatian team to 3 group stage wins including beating the Germans....

Euro 2012...I know you didn't watch Croatia vs Spain...but in that game Modric was the player of the game and everyone saw him outplay Iniesta and Xavi single handedly. If the ref had any balls, he'd have called a penaly on the Busquets mugging of Corluka 3 feet away from an empty goal..and would have led Croatia to the win over Spain. (4 years later we beat those diving midgets to get revenge at Euro 16)

At least watch the games run your mouth off. It would be like me commenting on falconry or camel racing...I have no clue about those. And never would pretend to know jack squat about them. I'd know enough to ask you for your thoughts.

PS Luka Modric at 34 is still going strong, scoring and starting for Real...captaining and leading Croatia to Euro. Little Xavi, at 34 was already milking camels in the desert....even at about 31/32 he was already done.

Verdict-Modric over Xavi easily, class dismissed.
Blah blah, you are Croatian, we get it. I'm talking about the neutrals. I know it's hard to understand that your favorite player isn't the best, but he isn't. He won't stand up to Xavi in history.

May be in Croatia they rate him higher, but who really cares about that.

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
Look at that team for Spain at Euro 2012. Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, X Alonso, David Silva vs Modric. And they still needed the refs help to win that game. Modric was a boss in that match.
Arguably his best ever game in our sacred jersey? He was great and was toying with Iniesta and Xavi in particular...and this is right before he was at Real and became a world wide football super star that we all know and love (well apart from some of these strange folks here that apparently have no clue about Modric...)

Had Rakitic not missed that sitter header also off the great ball by Luka....man.

Glad we beat those diving midgets in 16 and officially ended their Euro dominance.....

21 - 40 of 66 Posts