Xtratime Community banner

Modric or Xavi?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
48,305 Posts
It's close, but I'll go with Modric as getting Croatia to the World Cup final is quite frankly more impressive than any single achievement from Xavi. And their club careers are quite equal really with 4 CLs for both...sure Xavi has more La Liga titles thanks to spending his whole career at Barca and sharing the pitch with best players in the world for 17 seasons in a row.

I consider them more or less equal players but WC2018 and Ballon d'Or should give a slight historical edge to Luka.

·
Super Moderator
13,405 Posts
No contest in my head. I’m a big fan of Modric but Xavi is in a whole different league. One of the most influential players of the past two decades and a ridiculous talent with incredible levels of consistency.

Xavi IMO is one of the most underrated players in my lifetime. Guys like Iniesta, Pirlo and Modric (and Alonso, Gerrard, Vieira, Lampard, Scholes, etc) are or were outstanding, but Xavi belongs in a different conversation with the true great midfielders.

I can’t think of a player more obviously influential on the way the game is played these days.

·
Registered
33,649 Posts
No contest in my head. I’m a big fan of Modric but Xavi is in a whole different league. One of the most influential players of the past two decades and a ridiculous talent with incredible levels of consistency.

Xavi IMO is one of the most underrated players in my lifetime. Guys like Iniesta, Pirlo and Modric (and Alonso, Gerrard, Vieira, Lampard, Scholes, etc) are or were outstanding, but Xavi belongs in a different conversation with the true great midfielders.

I can’t think of a player more obviously influential on the way the game is played these days.
He's the greatest midfielder of our generation.

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
He's the greatest midfielder of our generation.
😆😅😂

I'll give him the biggest whiner...crying about the length of grass blades when they lost, etc.

Iniesta for the Spanish was better. A class act.

Modric better than both though without question. Anyone who follows football knows this including greats like Zidane, Ancellotti, Mourinho and Ferguson who all say Luka is the best they've seen.

Imagine winning a Ballon D'or in the Messi and Ronaldo era. Imagine taking a small country like Croatia to now will be his 7th major tournament and all the way to the WC final. Remarkable.

And 4 CLs where he played a key part in the wins pulling the strings. Including glorious assists to Ramos and Ronaldo for the biggest club in the world.

There is Luka, then the rest.

#halamodric

·
Super Moderator
13,405 Posts
Please show the quotes where these four managers say Modric is “the best they have seen”.

·
Registered
33,649 Posts
😆😅😂

I'll give him the biggest whiner...crying about the length of grass blades when they lost, etc.

Iniesta for the Spanish was better. A class act.

Modric better than both though without question. Anyone who follows football knows this including greats like Zidane, Ancellotti, Mourinho and Ferguson who all say Luka is the best they've seen.

Imagine winning a Ballon D'or in the Messi and Ronaldo era. Imagine taking a small country like Croatia to now will be his 7th major tournament and all the way to the WC final. Remarkable.

And 4 CLs where he played a key part in the wins pulling the strings. Including glorious assists to Ramos and Ronaldo for the biggest club in the world.

There is Luka, then the rest.

#halamodric
Erm...ok?

You either didn't watch Xavi properly or you've forgotten.

·
Administrator
52,308 Posts
He doesnt care, Xavi isnt Croatian so he doesn't exist when he is compared to to croatias best. Modric is amazing player that has a arguable case for sure, but it's not possible to hear it with nuance from someone this biased.

But he is right about one thing, Xavi was one of the biggiest whiner you could think of. Poster boy for deluded cule with how arrogant and biased he was in all things Barca.

Funnily enough was kinda like the Ante of Barca lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,405 Posts
Still waiting for the quotes. It is one thing to be biased, another to spread lies.

·
Registered
7,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing not mentioned was Xavi's longetivity and talent at a younger age.

Some are saying he had the benifet of being on a better team. But if Modric was a better talent sooner than later, he wouldn't have thrown away years in Zagreb and Tottenham.

·
Registered
64,450 Posts

Ridiculous talent?

·
Registered
20,310 Posts

Modric with the goal again yesterday on a 60 yard sprint blowing by his markers. Imagine that, still at top form at 34, starting and pulling the strings for the biggest club in the world. And captaining the worlds most beloved team Croatia.

I could care less if you "like" him or not. What he has done for Real Madrid is amazing. But what he does for Croatia is out of this world. More important for us than Messi or Ronaldo are for their NTs. He literally wills us to victory. A great captain, teammate and leader.

Meanwhile, Xavi was milking camels in Qatar or wheever the hell he is playing semi pro.:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::D:LOL::ROFLMAO:😄😂😅

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
Erm...ok?

You either didn't watch Xavi properly or you've forgotten.
Dude, I could care less about the little diving, whigning prick. Nothing against the little midget personally. I dislike him as much as I do Greaseman, Alba, Suarez and Pique.

Modric is the best to me and that's that. Deal with it.

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
This coming from a dude with a shirtless Ronaldo as his avatar.
(insert old school patting on the head smilie).

Game, set and match. Class dismissed.

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts