Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not hurt us, please, Mr. Bellotto. :angel:

The former player and coach (and still supporter) of Sampdoria must lead Modena to avoid relegation. We wish him the best but we absolutely need 1 point from this match with the hope that Milan will defeat Udinese at Friuli.

Modena is also full of players which just 4 months ago where in the roster of Sampdoria: Grandoni, Domizzi and Marazzina. While Marazzina was just on loan to Samp from Chievo and still belongs to Chievo, Domizzi and Grandoni belong to Sampdoria and could come back to Sampdoria. Truth is that they will probably just pass by Genova and will be loaned again or even sold away in the next season.

As regards our starting lineup, well, who cares, we have Flachi! :D
No, indeed, I'm rather worried by the heavy absences. We will miss Falcone and Diana both banned. That means that we will have the frightening (for ourselves) defensive duo Conte -Carrozzieri.
To replace Diana Novellino could choose to advance the position of Zenoni and Sacchetti could play as right back. This is the most probable solution. Another solution could be Pedone for Diana and Zenoni as right back. No chances for Valtolina and Gile.
Of course Doni is out and the young Pagano will play.

To resume

--------------Antonioli
-Sacco--Conte--Carrozza-Betta
-Zenoni-Volpi--Palombo--Pagano
-----------Flachi---Bazzani

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Important match I sadly feel will end up a draw, a win would put Samp in with a good chance for 7th.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i saw that the game was on 2.65 last day at snai and it already went to 2.5
i predict that it will be beneath 2 till the start of it or even not available for betting(it depends on when will the samp president decide to get a coffe there.)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Tickets bought,present in Modena.:D :D :D

It will be an hard match,Modena will fight his last battle to survive in A,and at home now they are a good team,with Bellotto they found again a good condition,lost in the middle of the season with Malesani,now re-found,if we consider that also Marazzina is considered again a good player,I think that Modena will be a difficult stadium.

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skogeta said:
also Marazzina is considered again a good player
I don't want to be a jinx like the guy in my signature, but Marazzina is right now the 4th forward of Modena after Kamara, Amoruso and Makinwa (and indeed also after Vignaroli who has become an offensive midfielder). The point is that Bellotto usually changes all the forwards during the match so Marazzina in the end always comes in as a sub. This time it seems that he could start, but that does not change things.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I don't want to be a jinx like the guy in my signature,
wow that was a BORING match and anoying cause i had it over:groan:

thank god i have watched roma-lazio before and i had some football pleasure for the day(BASTARD ROSETI:fero: :fero: )

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last news are that the Japanese phantom could shake the mothballs off and come out of the bench playing on the left wing.
In that case Pagano should play on the right wing and just one out of Sacchetti and Zenoni (probably the former) should be on the pitch (as right back of course).

Marazzina has muscular problems to the calf and could miss the match. Also the other two ex, Grandoni and Domizzi, have some physical problems.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hmm yeah we have no many solutions,our bench is no so long,considering that in Modena we will have no Diana,Falcone & Doni,Novellino needs to study something different from the usal Pedone on the left, solution surely safe,but probably not good to believe in a win for Uefa.

If Volpi and Palombo will be surely in the middle,on the left and on the right, we will see surely Pagano,really a good player,then or Pedone or Yana.

Yanaghisawa is surely a bet,I would not modify the rule of Pagano,I would put him on the left where last Sunday played so good,on the right or Yana or Pedone.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Samp take UEFA step Saturday 24 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow’s trip to Modena could be a decisive step in Sampdoria’s bid for a UEFA Cup place as their rivals take on the League leaders.

“It will be a very important game for us,” admitted Coach Walter Novellino, “but the points are added up at the end of the season. We can’t celebrate anything until then.”

In theory this weekend should be all in Samp’s favour, as they face relegation strugglers while fellow Euro contenders Udinese welcome Milan.

However, the Canarini have improved in leaps and bounds since firing Alberto Malesani last month and Novellino warns that this won’t be an easy task.

“Gianfranco Bellotto is a great Coach who really deserves this chance to work in Serie A,” noted his colleague. “You will see that he’ll do very well.”

“We will be meeting a team that is in good condition and determined to get points in their bid to avoid relegation. We must have the same motivation as we are also chasing an important objective.”

It would be quite a coup for Novellino to capture a UEFA Cup place in his first Serie A season with Sampdoria, who only earned promotion from the second division in the summer.

channel4

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ratings for the worst match of Sampdoria:

Antonioli 5.5 - responsible for the goal conceded cause he had to conduct the defense
Sacchetti 6 - neither bad nor good (a crappy player, we all know)
M.Conte 6 - see Sacchetti
Carrozzieri 5 - right now I'd choose Conte over him and that says all. Too many mistakes. Yesterday he even missed the decisive header and caused the goal. Booked, will be banned for the match vs Udinese.
Bettarini 6 - far from his best
(replaced by Zenoni n.v.)
Yanacrappisawa 4 - he looks like the last Japanese soldier on one little island in the Pacific Ocean. Missing in action.
(replaced by Cipriani 5.5 - maybe he already knows that he will go back to Juventus)
Palombo 6 - he worked, defended and stole balls, but I'd like him to be more present in the offensive phase
Volpi 6 - he is the most important player of our team but hardly brilliant
Pagano 6 - ups and downs
Flachi 6 - a good assist to the wrong man (the Jap) and another one to Bazzani. At least he tried something.
(replaced by Floro Flores n.v.)
Bazzani 6 - he is no more the brilliant center forward we had during the first part of the season, but he struggled

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Urrrrghghh!!! What happened guys? :groan: I read that when the bookies reckon a draw in Italy, a draw is what happens:greed: ;):confused:

Sko, match analysis please, and don't spare the gory details :groan:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Ours are tired my friend..;)

Novellino is using the same players since last year (Volpi,Palombo,Bazzani,Bettarini) during all the matches and for 90 minutes, our team is tired,...if we consider that in Modena we were missing people like Falcone,Doni,and Diana,we have to know how this team without his stars has not in the bench people able to fight for uefa.

If we consider that the player that is making the best matches now is the young Pagano,U21,we could notice how ours are really tired.

Probably considering the next matches,our team is not believing in Uefa,but the season has been great.

The journey to Modena has been funny,the restaurant in Modena gave us really good food.:tongue: :tongue:
The match...there were 3000 samp ultras in Modena,but we didn't sing as usual,probably we had all eaten too much .. :tongue: :tongue:
But we made 2 coreographies!!!

The match has been quite suffering,Modena dominated the first half,Yana failed just an easy shot at the end of the 1st half.Many shots for Modena,Antonioli saved often.
With a re-found Flachi we began the 2nd half in a better way,we created some actions,shooting sometimes.
But Modena had more power in the legs,and Bellotto did good things.
So Antonioli on a free kick didn't put the barrier and Kamara realized.

The refree took some errors,all the yellow cards for us were not real faultas bit...Carrozzieri after an ingury around the 60th minute,did many errors.
Bellotto at the end went near us to thank us for past seasons,our players went rapidly to the showers...

Novellino has to give new motivations to this tired team,and to find more organization.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts