Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess the MLS decided to bring in a team that we can dismantle for the All Star game.

MLS stars to face Fulham in Columbus
By Jonathan Nierman / MLSnet.com Staff
Fulham's Carlos Bocanegra (left) and Brian McBride will return to the MLS All-Star Game. (Action Images)
At a press conference Tuesday at Columbus Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, Major League Soccer Deputy Commissioner Ivan Gazidis announced that the 2005 Sierra Mist MLS All-Star Game has been scheduled for July 30 (live on ABC Sports, 3:30 p.m. ET) at Crew Stadium, pitting a team of MLS All-Stars against Fulham Football Club of the English Premier League.
The event marks the second time in three seasons that the top players from MLS will square off with a foreign club, as in the 2003 event Mexican club CD Guadalajara fell to the MLS All-Stars by a 3-1 score at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. The 2005 Sierra Mist MLS All-Star Game will feature the return of forward Brian McBride to Columbus, where he spent eight seasons as a member of the Crew. Joining McBride is another U.S. product now plying his trade at Craven Cottage in London, defender Carlos Bocanegra, formerly of the Chicago Fire.

"We are proud to present American soccer fans an All-Star Game that celebrates the league's 10th season and the lasting impact MLS has had in the U.S. and around the soccer world," said MLS Commissioner Don Garber in a written statement. "We look forward to welcoming Fulham and former MLS All-Stars Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra back to Columbus in July for what is sure to be one of the most competitive matchups in the event's history."

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I hate the MLS all star game but I don't mind European temas coming to play in the USA.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barça said:
I hate the MLS all star game but I don't mind European temas coming to play in the USA.
So was I they had become just like the NHL all star a joke. Last year the Chivas game was better both teams put an effort though I was Looking to the Real game but they backed out at the lasy minuet. Scared I guess. :tongue:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Why of all European teams they choose Fulham :wth: could it be because McBride is playing for them and this game is being played in his former town.

·
Registered
69,457 Posts
Bocanegra and McBride play for them, and Fulham also have a huge support group in USA, they have a website and they have a lot of members.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HajdukSplit said:
Bocanegra and McBride play for them, and Fulham also have a huge support group in USA, they have a website and they have a lot of members.
Yes they do and it Might be worth a trip to that dump Columbus to see this match. I might have to say something nice about the crew so Magical will get me tickets for the match. :D

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
This is more interesting than the regular East vs. West All Star nonsense.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Yes they do and it Might be worth a trip to that dump Columbus to see this match. I might have to say something nice about the crew so Magical will get me tickets for the match. :D
Heheh, I can't help you with tickets, I'm a good two hours away from Columbus :pp

·
Banned
130 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Well I guess the MLS decided to bring in a team that we can dismantle for the All Star game.
if fulham can be arsed and they are getting paid enough, they could easily rape your little american rosebuds. :nono:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts