Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had this idea while i was watching the match real madrid-espagnol today.
i like when zizou plays along with roberto carlos and ronaldo, i think they are perfectly in symbiose.

well, if you have to pick up french players for make a perfect 11.
which would you choose? and which brazilians would you put with them?

hem.... try to not put not more than 70% of brazilian players;)

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
end3r7, for the defense i'm satisfied enough, i would put either cafu and carlos. i don't know very well lucio, he plays in the bundesliga isn't it?

juninho, no problemo! he is classy.

why not barthez?:D

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
----------------------- Dida ---------------------------

------------ Thuram ---- Lucio ------- Gallas -----------

--- Cafu ------ Vieira ------- Gilberto Silva ---- Roberto Carlos --

-------------- Ronaldinho ----------- Zidane --------------

------------------------ Ronaldo ----------------------

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you guys rate ronaldinho over pires?

about barthez, he has something that the others don't have : the luck:tongue:
and it's essential for a goalie.

so, with this perfect squad, we are able to explode the italian squad?;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
----------------------- Dida ---------------------------

------------ Thuram ---- Lucio ------- Gallas -----------

--- Cafu ------ Vieira ------- Makelele ---- Roberto Carlos --

-------------- Kaka ----------- Zidane --------------

------------------------ Ronaldo ----------------------

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah!
i asked myself when kaka would be selected.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
-----------------Dida----------------------
Cafu-----Lucio-----Gallas-------R.Carlos
--------------Vieira--Gilberto------------
---Pires-------------------------Zidane---
----------Ronaldo-------Henry-----------

I prefer Ronaldinho than Pires but Pires plays better on the right flank, then I'd choose him. Otherwise, Zidane would have to mark a lot since the team would have almost 3 attackers upfront.

It's Brasil and France but it's almost Arsenal a little bit of Real Madrid/Milan as well.

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
Marcos, Cafu, Thuram, Gallas, Roberto, Gilberto, Viera, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry, Ronaldo.

Yes, Mali, Barthez is worst than both Marcos and Dida and you check up both of them carrer you will see how much "Luck" they have. Both Marcos and Dida showed their best in decisive games, where the ball seemed to hit them all the time or penalty kicking saving.

Pires is ok, but if you have Cafu and Roberto (not to mention Henry, who with Ronaldo will be less central than he is for Arsenal), you wont need someone fast as him to move to the sides and Ronaldinho is "for sure" more skilled.

Now Italy ? Usually Brazil and France can do it when they are split, together there is very few players than can claim a place in this kind of line up in the entire world.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
JCamilo said:
Pires is ok, but if you have Cafu and Roberto (not to mention Henry, who with Ronaldo will be less central than he is for Arsenal), you wont need someone fast as him to move to the sides and Ronaldinho is "for sure" more skilled.
What I meant was that Pires would also mark in the flanks. With just offensive side-backs, you have to get more marking in the midfield than from just two players, Vieira and Gilberto in the example. Pires helps well in the marking. This way Zidane didn't have to become a third-defensive mid to mark and would have more freedom to work.

Anyway, too much discussion and details for a team that will never exist :D

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
And really, it was not meant for you. We could even use Pires and Alex and drop the two DMs! :strong:

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i enjoyed your analysis guys!
well, we are talking of a squad who will never exist but if roberto carlos would want a french nationality i would get him without prob:)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
mali said:
so you guys rate ronaldinho over pires?
Of course. With all the respect for Pires, he is not nearly as good as Ronaldinho.

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, ronaldinho surprised me by what he is doing right now for the barça. IMO, he found the right team, he was not that good for PSG.
ronaldinho is special, the brazilian type of player. i enjoy to watch him playing now.
pires is better as a collective player, maybe it isn't very grateful in term of flamboyance, but i think wenger might be happy enough to have him.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
mali said:
pires is better as a collective player, maybe it isn't very grateful in term of flamboyance, but i think wenger might be happy enough to have him.
I am sure he is, at least France doesn't play any friendlies in Far East, which is the case with Brazil. :D

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
indeed, last far east we went, we lose lamentably:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts