Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few days all I've been hearing is how nervous we are, Veron and his false passport, Boksic and his small jersey, and Ericsson and his questionable methods!

All this coming from prorube press, tv, radio etc. Radio stations from Rome also doing the same, obviously not Lazio related radio, but it has started to infect the Lazio world as well now!

I've been on a few LAZIO forums today and they all seemed like funerals, PEOPLE no one has died! Infact NOI LA LAZIO are more alive than ever before!

All this mentioned playing to the advantage of moggi the asswhole...how all this comes about beats me. LA LAZIO is in SILENZIO STAMPA, meaning no interviews etc. All this making the media crazy so they continuosly make up some bull**** about us, there's no doubt that we are the most hated team in Italy by the the italian press!
So WE are very easy targets for them...need I remind them that WE are an italian team and that we are the only italian team left in euorope, we need their support..well no thanks, I don't want their f****** support, not that we'd get it anyways.

All I have to say to my fellow LAZIALI is f*** them all, we don't need them and we don't want them, we are not la rube and we are not il merdaset, NOI SIAMO LA LAZIO, SOLO E SEMPRE OVUNQUE!

All this makes me happier than ever being a LAZIO fan, not that I'm happy with the treatment we get but because we will show them that we are TRUE FANS, WE LOVE LAZIO FOR WHAT THEY WERE, WHO THEY ARE AND WHO THEY WILL BE, NO MATTER WHAT!

All this nonsense that these so called journalist print must be brushed and put aside, we know who we are, and we don't need those hypocrits to confuse our state of mind!

So if the press continue to target our LAZIO I will find myself with no tv, no radio and no glasses to read the paper!
F*** them all!

CECCO(incazzato)

LAZIO E BASTA
E REALE FOR PRESIDENT!

[This message has been edited by Cecco (edited 10-04-2000).]

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have to say that you are right.
Most of the media is against us, but is that something we are not used to ? NO, it's just like every year !

To take a recent example, on DS last Sunday, Moggi said that Almeyda should have been sent off. Then they showed ALL the fouls Almeyda had made during the game, they showed them ALL one after the other. And when you look at it like that, you all get the impression that he should have been sent off. BUT they did NOT show the foul Ferrara made on Nedved, where Ferrara was not even booked, and Moggi has the courage to say in TV that Ferrara should not have been suspended.... come on, it's ridiculos.

And to get back to Almeyda, when you look at the fouls like they showed them, he should have been sent off. But as far as I know, Davids is not the nicest guy on a football field. Did they show ANY of David's fouls during the game ? NO !

Better example than this, that media hates Lazio is hard to find...

FORZALAZIO !!
contro tutto e tutti...come sempre :)

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
1- Davids is a hardtackling player? Yes.
There was never any question of him getting ejected. Why would it matter that Davids play hard, when he didn't in the game in question?
Almeyda DID commit alot of freekicks. If You watched all of them in succession can you honestly say the opinion that he should have been sent off is totally wrong? Mattias; You even admit that it wouldn't have been wrong.
When Davids played a nice game and was never in any danger of getting trown out- why should they spend time on that?
Mattias; What Moggi said was that the first yellow for Ferrara seemed harsh to him, but it was hard to complaint given that he should have been booked obstructing Nedved in the first (that's what Gazzetta wrote the day after too).
Why don't You write that instead of just putting down the worst image?
I felt Ferrara deserved to leave and Ancelotti said so as well. Ferrara was slammed by all papers for being stupid the day after, and the referee got great ratings. Why do You feel persecuted?

Then You say that the media is looking for all the bad things. That's true for all teams. The Del Piero-Inzaghi thing became so hyped up that they had to make a pressconference to stop the gossip.

The reporters are just doing their job in order to sell papers. If they didn't write about Boksic being kicked out of the dressing room, the Veron citizen-probe,the Simeone-Couto fight (it was them right?) or Salas behaving like a spoiled kid at Stamford they wouldn't be doing their job. Things are more complicated because Lazio refuse to speak to the press. That gives the reporters free hands to speculate whatever they want, and there's alot of Lazio fans outthere who needs their daily dose of biancoceleste news, so the papers fabricate.
You always mention Moggi as someone who arranges these ploys, but the situation was the same last season.
Lazio went into silence after the Roma defeat, and Juve were far from the top. They have no influence on what goes on within Lazio boundaries. Talk to the press or don't that's Your case. If the players quarrel among themselves or with the coach the press will certainly snap it up.
That's not the press going against Lazio- that's Lazio making things complicated for themselves.

You have very vocal support in big parts of the media, but as with every other team the knife falls imeadiately if there's something to criticize.
You've been getting worse press than the rest of the topteams, but honestly- no other topteam has had more "episodes" than You guys.

Ciao.

[This message has been edited by Glen (edited 11-04-2000).]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glen, you're the typical rubentus fan...we get slammed by the press even if Couto goes to the toilet and wets the toilet seat, "The Lazio dressing room is showing signs of nervousness, Couto while taking a leak could not stop shaking and from doing so he wet the toilet seat,a sign of a tense dressing room!"

Anyways we all know this, it happens every year as Mattias stated himself.
We have more episodes than everybody else for one reason only, and that's because WE ARE LA LAZIO, episodes from other clubs are not even mentioned, we come to know about things that happen elsewhere only when an unhappy player is traded and then feels free to speak!

LA LAZIO has all the big teams in Italy up against the wall and the only way they can let us let go is by continuosly fabricating bull****! And don't tell me that Lazio fans want news about our club, especially when it's crap like we're always hearing!

Strange thing...I've watched the news and read the papers online etc, noone seems to mention that we've one three in a row, oh yah NOI SIAMO LA LAZIO!

Well to tell you the truth, win or lose everything this year, my thoughts about this subject will never change.

LAZIO E BASTA
E REALE FOR PRESIDENT!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
...and since Your opinions won't change no matter what, my stupidity for pointing out some of the reasons You're wrong is once again apparent.

Thank You very much for reflecting on my opinions. Since I'm a typical Juve fan and You hate those, I will please you and not reply to your posts again.

Ciao.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am sorry Glen, but I don't think you understand what it means to watch a program (on Rai, not a berlusconi channel) where they did not show 1 foul made by Juventus (except from Ferrara's because they wanted to say that he shouldn't have been sent off….).
And yes Glen, when you look at the fouls one after another of course you get the impression he should have been sent off. But if you look at all the fouls made by Negro (and they are not many) in a game you get the impression he should have been sent off too. What makes it so clear that they wanted to give Juve right was that they showed all the fouls (only Lazio's of course) one after another, that can make any player's fouls to look bad. They showed the tackle by Miha on F. Inzaghi millions of times, without EVER mention that Inzaghi started the foul by holding Miha's shirt.

Why I write that Moggi is an idiot is because I feel sorry for Juventus and its fans. You have a club that has won a lot (I don't want to talk how you have won… ;)), you have the Agnelli brothers that never complains about anything or anyone. You have a coach that doesn't complain because he understand that a ref could do one (1) mistake in a season (Milan-Juve some weeks ago), most players (F. Inzaghi and Conte are not counted here) are honest players who don't talk a lot of sh!t.
Then you have a bastard called Moggi, who says that Juve has the style of never complain (they usually don't have anything to complain about but anyway). And it's true because no one at Juve complains EXCEPT Moggi. He always starts his interviews like this "We at Juve don't complain but that wasn't good and neither was that, and the ref sucked and we should have won if".
I wonder why he always starts his discussions by saying that he doesn't complain when he 15 seconds later starts to complain.

And Journalists are doing their job, you are right !
But when Lazio draws one game: "Problems everywhere for Lazio"
But when Juve looses two games in a row: "Juve is playing very well"
This according to newspapers the past 3-4 weeks.
They are doing their job but they have respect (or maybe they are afraid of) Juventus. This is something that won't change the next months, we will have to live with that for some years. And I think Lazio is doing the right thing that the players do not talk with the press, this is very frustrating for journalists, and they write a lot of sh!t about us now but if we continue like this they will understand that they have to stop writing all this crap about our team. Forza Cragnotti for this decision !

FORZALAZIO !!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It´s just so obvious what the nothern team(s) are trying to do to and that is to make Lazio look like an inferior team made up of foreing players with no tradition.

Lazio have been kicking ass for the past seasons with very respectable results and this scares Juve and Milan because they think that they own Serie A on old merits.

The press and media is brought up with 2 teams and are hoping ( in vain ) to see Milan and Juve raise again to superstatus not realising that this will never again happen. Roma, Lazio, Inter and Parma are as good as Juve and Milan and we ( the above ) mentioned teams represent the future of football with our style of play while Juve with Ancelotti is going back to the static type of play that made football the most depressing sport to watch during bigger parts of last century.

I have no love for the organisation behind Juventus and even less for those behind Milan - honestly they make me sick and just like obese conservative corporate and political leeches they will only serve to press down evolution and look now at the state of Serie A.

Hopefully Cragnotti is strong enough to stand against the northerners and together with Moratti, Sensi and Tanzi bring about a new agenda free from the old.

B

·
0 Posts
Rumour has it that Moggi is leaving Juve this summer to join Lazio's board, any comments?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Big up to Mattias and Svennis- at least I can comment on that :).

First of all; Moggi IS indeed a bastard. No Juve fan will say otherwise. He is the most hated person in the organization, and even if You get hold on a Tri Wasano's CM3 modifier (yes I was addicted a year back :)), You'll be able to see that in this very game he's mentioned as the most hated Juve official... by the players !!!
I only react when something is left out of his statements, like I think Mattias did. Having said that it's rarely enough to make him likeable anyway.

But svennis; When you write "it's so easy to see what the Northern teams are doing", I'll have to remind You that the papers are responsible for what they write.
When Rossi had a fallout with Zaccheroni it was all over the place, when Albertini was upset and wanted to play it was all over the place, when Inzaghi didn't pass to Del Piero it was all over the place, when Inzaghi and Del Piero apparently had a bust up it was all over the place. If there has been any other episodes the Northern teams (Juve, Milan) have managed to keep it out of the press. Lazio has had more than their share this season (more than last season as well), but if they don't want controvercy- their players have to act accordingly.

Mattias; You said that the papers all wrote that there was no problem at Juve after they lost two games.
All people AT JUVE said there was no crisis because they'd played pretty well, but lost games because of bad luck on the day. Everybody stayed calm, but that doesn't mean there weren't any articles about Juve throwing it all away- Lazio having the easier remaining schedule and all.

If I'm allowed to say one semi-critical thing: Many of You guys say that Lazio is not rated as a big team yet. From Juve, Milan and Inter everyone says that Lazio is a very strong team and recoqnize You as a valid title contender. Maybe the papers don't give You as much credit as they should, but You don't have the history yet. Sometimes I think the organization at Lazio is not yet used to the conditions of being a Super team. You don't ever see Inter, Milan or Juve instituting press bans. Maybe it's because the Romans are more hotblooded (some of the Italians can testify on that), but generally I can't believe You won't admit that at least SOME of the fault lies with Lazio. If Boksic hadn't made a fool of himself You wouldn't have seen any "problems" (though I'm quite sure Eiksson can manage that one) after an important comfortable 1-0 win in the papers.

Last Mattias; on the DS thing. In the Juve-Lazio game Juve was propably the team cheated (if anyone was- let's not get into that- not my point either).
That's why they focused on Almeyda, who Juventus (and most commentators) thought should have been thrown out. There was the penalty issue with Miha, and generally the important decisions dubious after the game could have gone in Juve's favour.
If You remember the Lazio-Parma match they spent quite alot of time looking at Lazio's two penalty claims, while no mention was given to the numerous off-side calls going against Parma.
DS decided that they felt Lazio had been "cheated" against the Gialloblu, and against Juve (at Delle Alpi) they felt that Juve had the hardest luck.
Why is that any teams fault? DS is not owned by any team. In fact the CNN "soccer" journalist Gabriele Marcotti has stated that DS is a pro-Roman show if anything (Marcotti is an avid Milan fan).

My only problem with all this is, that You feel the refs., the press, the footballing government Lega Calcio and more or less everybody is against You. I just don't think You approach this in a rational way that's all, and frankly it's just a bit too easy to always say: Juve did it. It doesn't matter if it's refs. , TV, papers or legal investigation. Juve did it.
Last year it was Milan. Juve was tied for a 5-6-7 place, and apparently we didn't do anything wrong then.

Am I on to just a little bit here ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Glen, I see your point but on TV program on RAI I want to see facts !
I don't care if Lazio or Juve deserved to win, I want to see Almeyda's fouls but also Ferrara's, Davids' or whoever makes a foul.

DS' conductor (I don't know if this is the right word, but he is the one who is talking all the time) is a roma fan. The expert is a Torino or Genoa fan. His father played in the Torino team that then died in a fly accident, but he was from Genova.

After the Lazio-Parma game, they showed fouls and actions made by both teams ...

FORZALAZIO !!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Aquila; You're so right. But You're only proving my point. My statement about Juve "not doing anything wrong then" was intended to show that since we were no threat to Lazio's scudetto campaign last season You guys felt that Milan was guilty of all sorts of campaigning against You- not us. This year Milan is out of sorts scudetto wise, and now it's Juve. In my opinion that's paranoia.
I previously said that whenever any team gives the papers grounds for speculation (Zidane leaving, Ancelotti being booed by the fans etc. etc.) it will be in the papers no matter who it is.
Mattias is adamant that the papers and media in general is against Lazio and is blowing up the "incidents" You guys have had this season to create trouble.
At the same time it's said that the papers are affraid to write about Juve in a similar fashion.
But we haven't had nearly the same ammount of episodes this year, and that's why it hasn't been written (like You said we were a VULCANO last season).
Whenever there is something to write it WILL be written (right now it's the Pippo wants to leave thing- allthough he CONSTANTLY speaks his affection for Juve).

I don't care if You feel the papers/media is going after You. You may be right, as You're more into the news about Lazio than I am, but I react because Juve and Milan are being named as the cullpritts here.
If you want to shout at the media- fine. But why drag the other teams into it ?
It doesn't make You look good, as we get the same heat whenever something's wrong within OUR societies. If we say Mattias is right when claiming that the commentators of DS are Roma, Torino and Genoa fans, then WHY is it Juve and Milan's fault that they sometimes portray a clouded image of Lazio ?
Milan has been given SO much crap this season after their pittyfull CL campaign, and we have had some thrashings because we don't score enough.
The problems about players misbehaving has not been that much of an issue with us as it has with Lazio, but it seems rediculous to me to blaim that on us or the media. Blame that on Boksic, Salas, Couto and Simeone or Eriksson for not being able to control his players. Many Lzio fans on this board does so in single topics (read the Boksic topics for confirmation), but whenever posts something to the extend that Juve and Milan are OBVIOUSLY behind it all, everybody happily agrees. Yippi key ehh- how convenient.
I must admit that I certainly feel it's silly to see that the Northern topteams are being made responsible for SOME Lazio players unproffesional behaviour.

You don't have to like Juve and definately not Milan :), You can carry on about us being favoured by the refs. (NOT recently though) and Pippo being a diver (yes he is), but why must EVERYTHING be our fault. Why is NOTHING ever Lazio's fault ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Glen, nice words but short memory!
How can you say "Last year it was Milan. Juve was tied for a 5-6-7 place, and apparently we didn't do anything wrong then"???!!!
Last season Juve was a LIVING VULCANO!
Let's go with the most important facts:

Zinedine Zidane said: "I don't want to stay in Turin any more. It's an ugly city. My wife has Spanish roots and we would like to live in Spain". OK, the thing came and went without any apparent noise from the press. Had Nesta said "My girldfriend is, say, English and we'd like to live in England" (Natalya, be calm. That's just an example), all the press of this crazy country would have started linking Sandro to EVRY English team from Manchester United down to Darlington. After all rumours about Nesta are dish of the day all the season.

After Juve-Parma 1-4, Marcello Lippi got into the press room of the Stadio delle Alpi and said "If I am the problem, I'm ready to leave". No word from the Juventus' directors. And Lippi resigned. It seems that some players of the old guard (namely Antonio Conte and Didier Deschamps) were against him and Lippi and Conte went close to come to blows. And in fact after Lippi resigned, Conte played his best games of the season. I fear to guess what would have happened if that was happened at Formello.

As Carlo Ancelotti came in to replace Lippi, the fans welcome him at Juventus' training centre with some pleasant banners such as "Ancelotti go away" and "Ancelotti pig". This was because Juventus fans hadn't forgot what Ancelotti said the two years earlier, when he coached Parma. "You have to play 11 against 12 when you play Juventus". These immortal words have been uttered by the man who is now Juventus coach. No wonder that Juve fans were so angry against him. Again, had this happened to Lazio with Eriksson, the press would have had this headline: "Racism at Lazio, fans insult a Swedish coach".

I don't want to say that life at Formello goes on in the calmest way, that's would mean to deny the evidence. But nor the other teams are made of saints. Milan had Sebastiano Rossi insulting coach Alberto Zaccheroni and vicepresident Adriano Galliani: a short report on Monday and nothing more. What has Marcelo Salas done at the Stamford Bridge has been the talk of the country for a week!

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
555 Posts
Glen, you are right that Salas, Boksic, Simeone and Couto should not do things that could cause headlines in the papers.
But I think you did not really get the point of Aquila's post, he said that Juve was like Vulcano last year….and it was.

But what I think Aquila meant was that in the papers they mentioned (and as you say Glen, it doesn't matter what team it is, the papers will mention it) it the day after. And then STOP !!
Still I read in the papers that there are tensions in Lazio's team, and the examples they bring up are the Salas accident against Chelsea (that game was played 22nd March if I am not wrong). They also bring up that Mancini got angry for the substitution against Feyenoord.
That is what I, and I think Aquila, mean…..although it has gone different weeks, they still write about it.
What Rossi did was mentioned on the Monday and on the Tuesday, then I have not heard anything from it.
If, lets say Marchegiani, had attacked Eriksson in the dressing-room and Cragnotti too, who was trying to calm him down. The papers would still have that on the first page, even if it had passed 4-5 weeks. The accident happened to Milan, so it was just a news for 2 days.
And that Lazio has had a season full of accident is not true, every team has at least as many but they are not made up to big things by papers. So I don't see any reason to why we should blame the players or the coach because what they have done is just the same all other teams have done this season.

But I don't say that Juve or Milan are behind this because it's impossible they are. But what I think is that we have the media against us, and one reason is for sure that Lazio don't have that many fans, like roma, Milan and Juve have, among journalists. Just as example, Corrieri dello Sport (the biggest sport news-paper in Rome) is 100% against Lazio, because they are all roma fans. Gazzetta dello Sport, at least try to write the truth.

FORZALAZIO !!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Lot's of words for nothing then :).
I guess Aquila and I both misinterpreted the other.
I will not disagree that You have a point. Lazio's "problems" seem to go on for a longer period of time in the media.
My reaction went to svennis' comment that "it's obvious what the Northern team(s) are doing", and since none of You disagreed I thought it was the general opinion.

Ciao.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts