Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
celades

can anyone tell me the circumstances of celades departure from barca? what is the sentiment of the fans while seeing him play for rm?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
who wants ivan delapena back?

well, i know its been a while since he left and there was no room in the team for him or at least what van gaal thought, but wasnt he inspiring to watch while he was playing for barca?

the reason im bringing this up is because being in canada, i dont get to see la liga matches but while i was vacationing in mexico on my honeymoon last month, i was able to see the barca vs espanyol match. it would be awesome to see him wear the blaugrana colours and not blue and white.

what do you all think?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
No, his time in Barça is over... 2 chances is enough. He never succeed anywhere, except a good season in Espanyol last year.

·
40,147 Posts
I don't feel anything.

He finished his contract, Real Madrid offered 1,8 million € per year free taxes, and Barça didn't want to pay this for him. He was loaned one year to Celta and he finally went to Madrid where he earns all this money for doing nothing. He has had a good life, we didn't miss him and Real Madrid is willing that his contract ends soon.

After all, I think that we did the right thing. He's a good player, perhaps good enough to be in Barcelona's squad, but he doesn't deserve that salary.

PD: I'm going to merge Celades and De la Peña threads, they're somehow related.

Welcome :)

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, his time in Barça is over... 2 chances is enough. He never succeed anywhere, except a good season in Espanyol last year.
i have to agree, he is somehow similar to kluivert both of them cant do barca any good so they'd better leave.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Falastini said:
In what sense is Kluivert similar to De la Pena?
in the sense that both players had to leave because their time was over at barca, although both of them were amazing footballers, but still their time were over at barca so they had to leave.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
in the sense that both players had to leave because their time was over at barca, although both of them were amazing footballers, but still their time were over at barca so they had to leave.
Really stupid explination.Their cases weren't similar at all. De la Peña was superb and with Cruyff at the helm he could now have been the best player in his postiin in Europe. He played very well 1995/96 and gave Óscar alot of great passes and made sevral assists to Ronaldo the season after that. Giovanni took some of his playing time meanwhile VG didn't give him any faith at all. In Lazio he was mostly injurd, just like in Marsellie. His returning was only a desperate move by Gaspart.

All Barça fans loves De la Peña and no one will ever forget his peformences while given minutes to play. He was togheter with Stoitchkov my childhood hero and concider him as great player.

His problem is that he lacks defensive responsibility and doesn't think like an adult. I remember that Lazio's coach said that he was one of the most skillfull players he had ever seen, but has the mentality of a child. Nothing I've noticed while meeting him, he has always been very friendly.

Celades was good during VG's first season in his defensive role, but was treated very badly by the club.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
What the hell? We are having threads about missing De la Pena and Celades?

THIS IS FRICKING ALMOST 2005!!!

AND we have better players in those positions... so what's to miss???

·
Registered
841 Posts
Exactly. Maybe because they are home-grown players, but really, we should get over them. I'll admit De La Peña had some good times, but I was very disappointed with his actions against Barcelona this season. I don't feel anything for Celades, he moved to Madrid, what did he expect?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
zyad said:

Jepp,agree some of us is living in the past :googly:
Who gives a fcuk about em..jees

·
40,147 Posts
Robban said:
Really stupid explination.Their cases weren't similar at all. De la Peña was superb and with Cruyff at the helm he could now have been the best player in his postiin in Europe. He played very well 1995/96 and gave Óscar alot of great passes and made sevral assists to Ronaldo the season after that. Giovanni took some of his playing time meanwhile VG didn't give him any faith at all. In Lazio he was mostly injurd, just like in Marsellie. His returning was only a desperate move by Gaspart.

All Barça fans loves De la Peña and no one will ever forget his peformences while given minutes to play. He was togheter with Stoitchkov my childhood hero and concider him as great player.

His problem is that he lacks defensive responsibility and doesn't think like an adult. I remember that Lazio's coach said that he was one of the most skillfull players he had ever seen, but has the mentality of a child. Nothing I've noticed while meeting him, he has always been very friendly.

Celades was good during VG's first season in his defensive role, but was treated very badly by the club.
I also loved De la Peña, he did good things in Barcelona, and I have a special affection for this player... but I don't think that anyone miss him. He never accomplished with the expectations... except Cruyff (and not always) and Luis Fernandez, no coach trusted in him.

I recall that Celades did a great season with VG and he even went to a WC, if I'm not wrong. I think that the club began to treat badly the player when everyone knew that he had a pre-contract with Madrid, 1 year and a half before the end of his contract with Barça.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Any time I feel a loss for De La Pena, I take a look at a picture of The Prince Of Catalunya.

Iniesta Rules, Fools.

Celades is one of those "played for Barca and Madrid" guys, and like most of those players, WE got the better deal. although in this case, we got the better deal because we didn't have as many suck-ass performances from him as they do. :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
zyad said:

It isn't about who's better than the other. We do have better players today, but I still miss De la Peña just like I miss Óscar, Roger, Romário and Rivaldo despite that I don't have any ilusion of wanting to bring them back to Barça. This might come as news to you; De la Peña is the player who has most penyas named after him - TOMA!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
I thought that was Stoitchkov?
Stoitchkov? He only got one the last time I checked. It's in Bilbao. De la Peña has double as many as the runner up who's Guardiola.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
exactly, thats why when i read "who gives a fcuk about em", it pisses me off. maybe he was too young to read all the news papers every morning sport put him on the front page saying we love you lil buddah. he truly won the affection of everyone associated with barca. anyhow, he does lack defensive quality but damn, he is creative. thanks to all of you who responded to this thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts