Xtratime Community banner

7141 - 7160 of 7171 Posts

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I just made a post on Canada's top players under 25 v Romania's that got timed out.

Basically, any other Canadians here following the NT closely? Davies and company are looking like a top 20 National Team these days. We used to laugh at Canada, but it won't be long until they are a powerhouse footballing nation. The U21 class we think is so strong for Romania is actually weaker than Canada's led by Jon David and Davies. Jon David at Gent scores a goal per game at club and national level. Davies, well..we all know him.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
I just made a post on Canada's top players under 25 v Romania's that got timed out.

Basically, any other Canadians here following the NT closely? Davies and company are looking like a top 20 National Team these days. We used to laugh at Canada, but it won't be long until they are a powerhouse footballing nation. The U21 class we think is so strong for Romania is actually weaker than Canada's led by Jon David and Davies. Jon David at Gent scores a goal per game at club and national level. Davies, well..we all know him.
Yeah, I follow pretty close, I went to the match the other week where we beat the US 2-0.

Following are the best U25 prospects for Canada (values are in Euros):

Fonzo Davies (18, LW, Bayern, 15m)

Jonathan David (19, CF, Gent, 15m)

Stephen Eustaquio (22, DM, CD Cruz Azul, 3m)

Cyle Larin (24, CF, Zulte Waregem on loan from Besiktas, 1.71m)

Mark-Anthony Kaye (24, CM, LAFC, 1.5m)

Samuel Piette (24, DM, Montreal Impact, 1.5m)

Ballou Tabla (20, LW, Montréal Impact on loan from Barca B, 500k)

Zachary Brault-Guillard (20, RB, Lyon, 456k)

Raheem Edwards (24, LW, Chicago Fire, 350k)

Kamal Miller (22, CB, Orlando City, 300k)

Juan Cordova (24, RB, Huachipato, 300k)

Sam Adekugbe (24, LB, Valerenga, 300k)

Noah Verhoeven (20, RM, Pacific FC, 285k)

Richie Laryea (24, RB, Toronto FC, 250k)

Marcus Godinho (22, RB, FSV Zwickau, 228k)

Nathan Okello (19, DM, Toronto FC, 200k)

Derek Cornelius (21, CB, Vancouver Whitecaps, 200k)

Liam Fraser (21, DM, Toronto FC, 175k)

Amer Didic (24, CB, FC Edmonton, 175k)

Liam Millar (20, CF, Kilmarnock on loan from Liverpool, 50k)

Alessandro Busti (19, GK, Belluno, 29k)

Then there’s also Lucas Cavallini from Puebla who seems like a lethal striker as well, but he’s 26

Attack is clearly the strongest area for Canada’s prospects, some midfield. A couple of interesting defenders like Brault-Guillard at Lyon, but it’s mostly a weak spot.

From these young players, the big club names (ownership-wise) are Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, Lyon, Gent, Besiktas..

On the other hand, we have Ajax, Lyon, Mainz, Bilbao, Genk, Standard, Anderlecht, Brighton, Bournemouth, Reading, Sassuolo, Lecce, Galatasaray, Slavia Prague and most don’t even get much or any playing time for said clubs.. that said, I don’t think we are totally screwed. We just have a lot of work ahead, and some positive things may start happening sooner than later with some luck.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
If all is based in the teams you play, we would never be third in the U21 European championship. Football is not that simple (fortunately I'd say).

Anyway we have young players at Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal...it's not something out of this world.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Of course, what’s most important is playing senior football at some decent league/level. But if you do have even a few players actually playing regularly in the first team of some of the bigger clubs, it would surely show a big difference. Like the Croatians have. But also another big factor comes down to chemistry of the players in the NT, the teamwork and effort in those games, the motivation from the coach, the decisions he makes on tactics and selections.. we had a lot of such things in our favour with Radoi’s boys this summer, even though most didn’t play outside of Romania yet and if they did nothing outrageous, as you said.

Both Canada and Romania have kids in big club youth teams or on loan from such clubs, but already even just Davies (become a starter for Bayern in many games even some mins in CL) and J. David (goals and assists galore in Belgium and EL) have surpassed what our talents are doing and they’re both still teens. Not saying this makes the whole national team better, but it’s a wonder. Hopefully some of our kids make similar moves soon

And yeah, we’ve seen so many kids leave youth teams of big clubs to become nothing. I was just interested to compare the values of the players and the clubs, it’s almost becoming that even Canadians rep is more trusted than ours by some. Ok, maybe not quite so dramatic yet but it’s an interesting change recently for Canadian players, and I hope our rep increases to be trusted by more top leagues clubs again soon too. Not just to buy them, but actually give them more chances / mins. Maybe it’s the way they train / adapt mentally and physically, too. Idk

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
That's what I meant (hagibest) said it.. David and Davies are more valuable than every Romanian player and they're just teens. This is unacceptable considering they are products of MLS which we speak so poorly about on here.. aham

Get this, Canada got a professional league this past year. Romania is about to fold Dinamo Bucharest. It's not time to pretend that fortune is around the corner, Romania is in an absolute depression for football and it doesn't look like Hagi will be enough to save it.

·
Registered
42,475 Posts
This is your off-topic discussion?

I picked up a really cool game "Door Kickers: Action Squad," you play as a SWAT Team member. It's developed by a team from Bucharest. You can get it on Steam or in my case the Switch. First Romanian game I've played I daresay.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
This is your off-topic discussion?

I picked up a really cool game "Door Kickers: Action Squad," you play as a SWAT Team member. It's developed by a team from Bucharest. You can get it on Steam or in my case the Switch. First Romanian game I've played I daresay.
I'll let my friend know you enjoy it. He's the project developer. They've been expanding in Romania for a decade now. Cheap labor and very highly skilled employees.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
If you guys want to see a fixed match, France-Moldova. This official has been fixing it since after Moldova took the lead. Check out the equalizer and the amount of cards being pulled out on Moldova for nothing.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Hannes Wolf (former coach of Stuttgart, HSV) is the new coach of Genk. He is quite young and was very successful as a youth coach, not as successful at Stuttgart (good start with promoting them, but got fired in Bundesliga) and Hamburg. I don't know if this new coach will be good for Ianis.

·
Registered
16,087 Posts
Hannes Wolf (former coach of Stuttgart, HSV) is the new coach of Genk. He is quite young and was very successful as a youth coach, not as successful at Stuttgart (good start with promoting them, but got fired in Bundesliga) and Hamburg. I don't know if this new coach will be good for Ianis.
Well Ianis should get chances. The gmaes I saw from them they were horrible, so it"'s not liie there's fantastic competition for a spot

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Just to point out the genius rules of Uefa regarding this qualification campaign and "nations league": Germany couldve lost all of their last 12 official games (nations league and qualifying) and they still wouldve had the chance to qualify with 2!!! wins against the likes of Hungary, Bulgaria and Iceland.

Football and sports like this is a joke....what was so bad about the old rules we were used to? Why do we need more than 16 teams at the Euros? Give them 10 more years and teams will have 3 games every week...it's all about money.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
You guys wouldn’t believe how many news companies on social media and elsewhere are publicizing this crap with Isak. It’s so ironic how everyone tries to fight racism with more racism... the hateful things they say about Romanians was unbelievable. How can you hate racists and be so stupid to talk like that, I don’t understand.

I’m trying not to keep arguing with these morons but it’s hard.. and there are so many of them. What sucks even more is that this isn’t even a normal problem for us as it is with Bulgaria Russia or Italy. We don’t have a real precedent for racist incidents at football games aside from maybe the rivalry and history with Hungarians.

Of course, we have racist idiots as with anywhere, but you never really hear a collective of people chanting anything racist. How come we never had black players in the league or against our NT complain before? Was this whole news purely made up/exaggerated, with some of the fans booing Isak as they did Ramos and not anything racist? Or were there (probably more likely) 3 or 4 morons actually making monkey noises? Even in that case, it’s not fair to label us all as cavemen, wifebeating alcoholics and poor beggars (disgusting for them to say this at all).

The racists if identified should be banned of course, but all this nonsense? It’s infuriating to read and know now we have haters any game in the future no matter what happens, no matter how wrong they are about our country. And I hate that idea. What a weird time we live in that this is ok to do to countries like ours and not be considered racist.

·
General Iordanescu
28,212 Posts
I can bet whatever you'd like that in any 50,000 seat stadium anywhere you'll find a few racists.

But seeing as how they threw a golf ball at Isak, the question is, were they not complaining about the fact that he's a rich bastard, rather than black?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
But seeing as how they threw a golf ball at Isak, the question is, were they not complaining about the fact that he's a rich bastard, rather than black?
Lol I just got that. I don’t know man. Just not fair

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
I will root against Sweden for the rest of my life if this is true (I never liked them much before either as I thought their fans were arrogant and they of course beat us on pens at WC 94). All the shit they put us through and their disgusting attitude and reactions towards us.. even the Norwegians had their stupid comments before but this is much worse. I had a feeling it was greatly exaggerated and misinterpreted.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Burleanu needs to become more outspoken and call for level playing field. I don't see bans being handed out to England and the other top nations. Certainly there are gypsy chants and statements made. He's quiet for a guy who was such a strong personality during the election.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
The problem is that Uefa/Fifa has much more power than Burleanu/FRF, I don't think we can do much but obviously you have to try to prove that there were no racist chants. It's a pity that media often doesn't care about the truth as long as it fits their narrative.....sexism/racism sells and they love to see it everywhere even if it's not there. Obviously this would never happen in the opposite direction (Romania accusing Sweden of racist chants and the media instantly buying it). You would definitely not read about it everywhere in western media...

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
This Isak guy thought he was going to a racist hell and went predisposed to hear something (he admited it BEFORE the match), which never happened. This comes from the hysteria after the Bulgaria-England game and the incidents on Balotelli in Italy. Norway and Sweden knew our stadium was suspended but they didn't know why, they just wondered.

Here I blame the FRF, but much more UEFA. They should have told the Norwegians and the Swedish that Romanian stadium was not suspended for racist chants against black players. Norway even believed that the kids could be racists! They both (FRF and UEFA!) should have made a public release exposing the facts as they were, before these games.

After the Sweden game, everybody should have checked what the ref wrote in his report or some kind of information from the UEFA delegate in the match. Theirs is the official truth about everything around a footbal game. What was the journalism doing? Why the FRF didn't react? Why this indifference when the rest of Europe was selling a 'fake racist hell' in Bucharest, especially the British press which even claimed that Isak was booed at every touch of the ball (a blatant lie, easy to deny just watching the footage and highlights of the match). Some press reports said that the match was even suspended (untrue, the match was stopped when Isak complained and an announcement was made in the stadium, but it continued inmediately). It was all a mix of hysteria, prejudice, exagerations and plain lies, easily directed to a weak and little country in Eastern Europe which nobody cares about. Not even its own federation, press or UEFA.

Expect some stadium suspensions again soon.

·
General Iordanescu
28,212 Posts

FRF should make a HUGE deal out of this and refuse to play our possible Euro 2020 game in Netherlands, that shitehole racist-ass country ;)

If we are losing, Coman should 146% complain to the ref that he heard racist chants.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
The problem is that Uefa/Fifa has much more power than Burleanu/FRF, I don't think we can do much but obviously you have to try to prove that there were no racist chants. It's a pity that media often doesn't care about the truth as long as it fits their narrative.....sexism/racism sells and they love to see it everywhere even if it's not there. Obviously this would never happen in the opposite direction (Romania accusing Sweden of racist chants and the media instantly buying it). You would definitely not read about it everywhere in western media...
We don't really have anyone important sitting on the board of UEFA to advocate for us.

7141 - 7160 of 7171 Posts