Registered
69,564 Posts
All-time Romanians in Dutch Eredivisie:

------Camataru---Mitea
------------Sanmartean
-------L. Ilie-Stanga-Sabau
Nesu----Chivu--Popescu--Ogararu
-------------Lobont

Other names: Nanu, D. Mitrita, Zegrean, Damaschin, M. Roman, Constantinovici, Gusatu

Next Marin :D

lots of depths at CM and LB
You forgot Ioan Andone.

In terms of prolonged efficiency, our best players there were probably Popescu and Chivu. Nanu did well too.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
**** guys, I just went to the Toronto FC NYCFC match after work tonight.. great display and very happy as a Toronto fan, but very sad for Mitrita. He didn’t play bad (except a couple times he lost the ball, he did some good actions when he could), just the whole team was overrun and exposed hard.

They couldn’t even touch the ball for long periods. TFC big domination and great passes. That Pozuelo from Genk is an amazing signing, on his debut he scored two chopper goals (one a penalty). One amazing dribbling, great passes, etc. Easily MOTM for me.

Finished 4-0 with 2 disallowed goals for TFC. The massacre was hard to watch from perspective of Mitrita, I yelled “Hai Mitrita” to support him but I’m not sure he heard me. I’m not far from the pitch though.

Anyways, disappointed that’s the game I see when he is here, but hopefully he gets better support next time. When Heber makes his debut, it should help relieve pressure off his shoulders and give more options. I think they’ll be better off at that point

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Lol.. no but seriously guys it was not cool, I felt so bad for him and my dad, we wanted to talk to him after the match but after watching that we just left

·
Registered
16,087 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
28,212 Posts
Let's play the "Guess the Romanian coach" game.

„Nu stiu cum de s-a ajuns la această ruptură. Oricum, suporterii nu erau foarte încântați de el. Spuneau că nu le place stilul lui de joc. Nu am înțeles mentalitatea lor”

Who is the quote about? ;)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
If that’s not Piturca, it’s got to be Razvan Lucescu

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Razvan was my 2nd option...should've gone for him, he is more likely to be talked about right now.

Who said this btw?

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Ah, I remember him, I may be wrong but I think he was the guy who used to play as striker AND defender (but mostly defender).

·
Registered
16,087 Posts

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
We always knew something was fishy....Piturca has no dignity if it's true, shameful. How can you act like this as a coach...

Muresan had one of the best performances I ever saw in that game against France. He was such a beast, great DM.

·
Registered
16,087 Posts
We always knew something was fishy....Piturca has no dignity if it's true, shameful. How can you act like this as a coach...

Muresan had one of the best performances I ever saw in that game against France. He was such a beast, great DM.
Yeah. In the interview he says Mutu, Chivu and the rest complimented him on his performance, but Piturca said to the press that "he had some placement problems". It's clear that he was already looking for excuses

The Becali clan was too powerful, it can't surprise us. Maybe now that there are more agents with some power it is more fair

Piturca never liked talented players, he preferred ones with work rate, but that can't even be an excuse with Muresan

And we know Sinmartean, Cernat (among others) had great moments when he was at the helm and were never called

7101 - 7120 of 7171 Posts