Xtratime Community banner

Mirsad Beslija

2K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  Akimych 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#6 ·
We have a fair bit of money these days, if we really are interested, I'd expect us to make a bid. We have some good players already at the club, like Jankauskas and Fyssas, so hopefully he can add that bit of pace that we need. Aside from his pace, how good a player is he, passing/crossing and shooting?

#7 ·
Well, he plays for a BIH national team, who has been pretty damn good the last 2 qualifying tournaments. Almost qualifying for Euro and recent WQ,

He is a player that many opposition managers targeted. The Serbs targeted him as a main player for us, and so did Spain, and many of the other nations we played in past qualifying.

His speed is his biggest attribute, he also has a pretty good touch and skill as well. I've seen him used as a defender, midfielder, and even upfront. Basically, this guy makes things happen wherever he is. He is someone you always have to cover when he is moving up, since he is so fast, and when he is back on D, he is always the guy that covers and the other teams most dangerous players.

I would say, he is pretty good at most things, but aside from his amazing speed, I dont think anything else would jump out. He does have a good work ethic too.

#9 ·
Heartsfan said:
We have a fair bit of money these days, if we really are interested, I'd expect us to make a bid. We have some good players already at the club, like Jankauskas and Fyssas, so hopefully he can add that bit of pace that we need. Aside from his pace, how good a player is he, passing/crossing and shooting?
You might get another Bosnian at the club during this transfer window; Edin Pehlic. He plays for FC Kaunas, which is owned by Vladimir Romanov as well. He is 21 and played for all the Bosnian NTs (U-17, U-19, U-21) expect the A team. He has been at Kaunas since August. Romanov was very impressed by him during these 4 months that it is certain he will move to Hearts, if not this month then during the summer transfer window.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edin_Pehlic

#10 ·
The latest news is that we've bid 1.2 Million Euros for this player, which would be our record transfer fee :O I hope he's worth it!

#14 ·
What sort of winger is he? Left or right sided, will he try tricks or use his pace to beat players? What is his shooting and crossing like? Can he defend at all? Hopefully he can play on the right side, because that is where we are really poor (despite having 2 Lithuanian internationals for that position)

#15 ·
Heartsfan said:
What sort of winger is he? Left or right sided, will he try tricks or use his pace to beat players? What is his shooting and crossing like? Can he defend at all? Hopefully he can play on the right side, because that is where we are really poor (despite having 2 Lithuanian internationals for that position)

He's a right winger but can also play as a back and on the left side if necessary.

#16 ·
Hearts poised to sign up Bosnian

Hearts appear to have won the race to sign Bosnia-Herzegovina midfielder Mirsad Beslija.

The Scottish Premier League title contenders have reached agreement with the 26-year-old international winger's Belgian side, Racing Genk.

Sunderland and Leeds United were also believed to be interested in Beslija.

He must pass a medical with the Edinburgh club before signing what the Genk official website claims is a three-and-a-half-year agreement.

Beslija said: "I don't know any of the Hearts players at the moment, but I know of good players in the Scottish league like Thomas Buffel and Dado Prso. Maybe the next one can be me. "I have much admiration for the English league and I see Scotland as a step in between Belgium and England.

"Hearts is a club who could be playing in the Champions League or Uefa Cup, which is a big bonus for me."

Beslija joined Genk in 2001 from Bosnian outfit Zeljeznicar and has made 118 appearances for the club.

He has 39 caps for his country, scoring four goals.

The Bosnian's agent, Sam Stapleton, revealed on Friday that Hearts had made an offer and Hearts manager Graham Rix admitted he was frustrated the news had got out.

"So many things can go wrong and, until it happens, I don't want to put the club or the players under unnecessary pressure," he told the Hearts website.

"He is a good player - there is no doubt about that."

Rix believes Beslija has the pedigree to succeed in the SPL.

"He is an international who knows what he is doing. If it all works out - and all things being equal, as they say - he will be a good addition to the team."

Hearts' interest was made public by Stapleton on Friday.

"Hearts have made an offer to buy the player with Sunderland and Leeds also looking at the option of a loan," he said.

"He's one of the quickest players in Belgium and I'm not surprised that he is generating some interest."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4588476.stm

#18 ·
Ive seen this guy when he played vs Serbia. He come on off the bench in the second half( i think its becuase he was injured and recorvering) right away he made a pretty good run the right side.

#19 ·
I've also heard a rumour that we're interested in signing Elvir Bolic, do you have any information about him?

Apparently, the reason we're signing Beslija is because of his performance against Lithuania where he destroyed their defence. Why you say? Because our owner is Lithuanian, hehehe, if you can't beat em, sign em :D I'm really looking forward to seeing him play now!

#20 ·
Heartsfan said:
I've also heard a rumour that we're interested in signing Elvir Bolic, do you have any information about him?

Apparently, the reason we're signing Beslija is because of his performance against Lithuania where he destroyed their defence. Why you say? Because our owner is Lithuanian, hehehe, if you can't beat em, sign em :D I'm really looking forward to seeing him play now!
Elvir Bolic is the leading scorer of the NT but he is too old; 34.

#22 ·
Heartsfan said:

Where did you hear about Bolic? I wouldn't think you'd go for someone that old.
Beslija is a top signing for Hearts, i think he will soon become one of your best players!

#23 ·
I know it sounds dubious, but I have a friend 'in the know' though his source wasn't the clearest, he has been right in the past. Its either Bolic, or Baljic, damn the similar names! hehehe. If you want to find out a bit more about Hearts, www.jambos.net is a good forum, and the official site is also quite good :)

#24 ·
Heartsfan said:
I know it sounds dubious, but I have a friend 'in the know' though his source wasn't the clearest, he has been right in the past. Its either Bolic, or Baljic, damn the similar names! hehehe. If you want to find out a bit more about Hearts, www.jambos.net is a good forum, and the official site is also quite good :)
Baljic is even less possible since he stopped playing football and has just returned, he's also somewhere in the 30's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.