Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arsenal are the latest English club to be linked with a move for Zoran Mirkovic but the Juventus defender could end up in Turkey with Fenerbahce.
Italian sources insist that Leeds are hoping to bring the Yugoslavian international to Elland Road, while Arsene Wenger has also been alerted to the fact that Juventus appear willing to allow the 28-year-old to move on.

Mirkovic, left out of the Yugoslavia squad for Euro 2000 after picking up a three-match suspension, is also being lined up for a move to Istanbul, with Fenerbahce offering a lucrative deal to the player.

Juve are rumoured to be looking for a fee close to £5 million, and that is certainly within David O'Leary and Wenger's budgets, but it appears as though there is fresh competition for his services.

Formerly with Atalanta, the Serbian looks willing to accept the prospect of a new opportunity abroad, after joining Juve during the 1998/99 season. One of his best assets is his versatility with Carlo Ancelotti confirming: "He has proved he can be successfully deployed in a number of defensive formations."

Although his favoured position is right back, he can also play on the left side, or indeed on the right of a three-man backline.

With both Leeds and Arsenal engaged in Champions League action next season, defensive resources will be crucial to their chances of success and it is not difficult to see why Mirkovic is an attractive option.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he's sold to fenerbache what i know.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mirkoviè will never go to Turkish club....be serious.. From Juve to...? don't be funny...

They can offer money..but that means nothing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mirkovic doesn't deserve to be at Juve, not even in other big clubs like Arsenal or Leeds, Ferhnebace sound OK. Maybe his price should go up a bit, so Juve can make more money!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Its official. I read it on few newspapers. The deal is done. However, they are npt paying as much as yu think, % million pounds, no way! I am not sure but i tink its around 6 million dollars for everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts