Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure all of you have heard that Sandu will not run for re-election in December. My Dad spoke to him last week and he said he has had enough of the accusations and the corruption that he can't control. I was just wondering who you guys thought would be a nice replacement? There is another guy my Dad met in Romania but he wasn't sure of his last name he was just called "Naia" or "Nia". His first name was Nicolae I know that. I would think he would be good seeing as how he is the players union rep. Anyway just wanted to get expert thoughts.

·
Registered
70,047 Posts
I would like to know the possible candidates, but this is an important step for the Romanian football

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
it indeed is really important... if we get a good official we might have good cards to have a good system goin on

·
Registered
25,504 Posts
Porumboiu seems to favor Lucescu as the National Team coach :thmbup:

Toon26, how does your father know Sandu?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lupisor said:
Toon26, how does your father know Sandu?
My Dad is friends with a Romanian who lives and works here in the US that grew up with Sandu I believe. Either he grew up with Sandu or they met somewhere down the line, because they have been friends for like 20 years. Anyway, my Dad went back with his friend and he got to hang out with all the big soccer guys like Sandu and he went to the Federatia building and met a lot of former greats. He got a ball signed for me by Hagi and 2 other guys I can't read. Also, they gave me the official Romanian National Team warm up suit. It is way cool. This friend of my Dad's is a really good guy who has been really successful for himself, family and country. He was the man responsible for funding the Romanian National Team's jerseys for the 1994 World Cup, and he hosted parties and made the team feel very at home here when they were in southern california.

P.S. If anyone has a last name on this "Naia" or "Nia" it would be much appreciated. I have probably heard it before but the nickname threw me off. His first name is Nicolae and he was the U-21 coach until a few weeks ago. He is now the head of the players union.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts