Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EXCLUSIVE Milutinovic reveals international mission

Sunday 30th June 2002

Veteran coach Bora Milutinovic has revealed his desire to lead a sixth country to the World Cup finals but admits he has received no offers after confirming his decision to step down as China boss.

"I only want to work with a national team," he told onefootball.com. "Maybe one great team will call, but so far it has not happened, they don't seem to be interested. As always, I'm prepared to work anywhere - in Asia, or beyond."

The record-breaking Milutinovic has been in charge of teams at the last five World Cups, and earned great plaudits for leading China to their first ever finals - though they failed to pick up a point or even a goal from a difficult group which included Brazil and Turkey.

Since China's involvement in the tournament ended, Milutinovic has consistently maintained that he doesn't want to stay on in his current role, but the affable Serb is convinced he is not finished with football at the highest level.

"I have been on a short holiday and I haven't talked to anyone yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon after the World Cup. Hopefully, I will have the chance to go somewhere else," he said.

If nothing materialises, though, the much-travelled Milutinovic, who has also coached Mexico, Costa Rica, USA and Nigeria in the last 16 years, has revealed other plans.

"I will go around the world travelling," he said.

---------------------------------------------

i can't wait to know what will be his next destination ? yugoslavia?

·
Registered
404 Posts
The article is made up ... anything that comes from onefootball.com is a lie. They have had about 50 of their "interviews" denied from stars, including Stefano Fiore, Rivaldo and Del Piero. What a piece of crap source that is !

·
Registered
404 Posts
Anyway back to the topic ... one could only hope that we'd be the 6th nation ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.