Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savo scored twice in Zaragoza's match against Rayo Vallecano yesterday...

Why couldn't he be such a goalscorer for us....
Beeaaaaaatch!!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think it's excellent if Milosevic scores. :)

BTW, Sukur scored on his first game for us as well. I'm sure Milosevic wouldn't have done it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I just found this article...

Milosevic out of "Italian prison," happy with Zaragoza

ZARAGOZA, February 3 (DS) - Real Zaragoza Yugoslavian international Savo Milosevic has been showing good results since his return from Italy, where he player for Parma last season.

Milosevic scored two goals against Rayo Vallecano, causing Zaragoza fans' delight.

The striker himself was jubilant with his squad's effort and shared his impressions with Spanish newspaper AS:

(A) It was fantastic for me and especially the team.

(Q) Did you know about the crisis in your team and the spat with the fans?

(A) Yes, I've been in touch with my teammates. I knew the team were facing difficult times. But in soccer everything changes very quickly. A goal, a victory is enough to change the matter.

(Q) Why haven't you succeeded in Italy?

(A) They play not exactly football, but something different. I'd better not go in details.

(Q) You have played in England (Aston Villa), Spain (Zaragoza) and Italy (Parma)...

(A) The English soccer is very dynamic. There are no teams who play in defense, they attack and cause much pleasure to spectators. In Spain the attacking line is also very strong, but the Spanish soccer is more qualified, and I believe it is the most beautiful football in the world.

The main shortcoming of Italian game is their tactical scheme.

Their main priority is the defense. Even their scorers play in defense. I guess Di Stefano said that the only players who enjoy Italian soccer are defenders. It's very boring.

(Q) What is a striker like you supposed to do then?

(A) Once I didn't manage to score in five successive games. Italian soccer is a real prison for a forward like me.

(Q) During 18 months you played under different coaches…

(A) When I joined Parma, Malesani was coaching the team. Then came Ulivieri, Sacchi, Carmignati, Passarella and again Carmignati. It was hell. That's why the club are currently in crisis. Each coach brings his rules, his tactics and schemes.

Source: Dailysoccer.com
Prison?! :confused:

We should sell him...

·
Registered
274 Posts
ahah,Milosevic never convinced me,even before he came to Parma and in this case i can say i was a good prophet!
he's big but doesn't know how to use his bulk to his advantage...but he's slow! :rolleyes:
he's technically good but not effective,i suspect because of his lack of quickness...
an hybrid who looks like a complete player against lesser opposition and decent at everything but not really good at anything when facing top competition.
his EURO 2000 was a fluke and unfortunately Parma sucked into it...i think they bought him for $17 millions,right? :eek: what a waste! good riddance,Savo!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Well, dear Savo Milosevic. How come other strikers can score in Italy and not you? :rolleyes: I never want to see you again you sore loser!

·
Banned
188 Posts
I never liked Savo and I knew what was going to happen when Parma signed him, he was rubbish at Aston Villa where they called him things like Savo Mis"alot"evic and the donkey with no right foot and he was rubbish at Parma.

And who the hell at the Parma management thought that selling Crespo for Savo was a good thing ?????.

Lets hope the Parma board stop trying to sell players and buying bad replacements.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Qasim, it was either Miss-a-lot-of-it-ovic or Miss-a-lot-ovic. :D Indeed I heard both!

From what I have heard, he was great in Zaragoza; and the management of Parma believed that he would do the same miracles in Parma. :rolleyes:

I never like him, and have tried my best to like him in the Parma shirt. My friend who supports West Ham Utd laughed at me when she knew that he would join us. :dazed: And she laughed even louder when I mentioned that some Parma fans like him! :eek:

Now I still wish that he had never played for us... :eek:

What a nightmare! :stress:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Or Miss-alot-of-it-c :D

Who cares about him anyway? We got SUKUR instead. And both Bonazzoli and Mboma are better than Savo as well. Mboma is doing great for Cameroon right now.

Not to mention that special someone that goes by the name of Di Vaio gol! :) A truly great signing. Remember when we bought him from Salernitana? Nobody thought he would ever even come close to Crespo. But now he does. And how he does it!! Wow! :cool: And all of a sudden we don't have any striker problems at all. Sukur and Di Vaio is great as starters. And for backup we have Bonazzoli, Mboma, Grieco and also Marchionni.

Oh, 13 points in 6 games. Things are starting to look like last spring. I just hope we won't do the same mistake to keep the "wonder coach". Last time it was Ulivieri, now Carmignani. But maybe Carmignani isn't as stubborn as Renzo was?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
HA
you people are pathetic
:rolleyes:

You can have your Sukur and Mbomba.
Blaming Milosevic for your bad season is quite sad.

Oh and i dont think Aston Villa and West Ham supporters have anything to laugh about (considering that their teams are quite crap at the moment).

Savo slow? Hes faster than you would think and saying that being top-scorer at Euro2000 is a fluke is quite hilarious.

PS: i hope parma stay up this season (despite some of its supporters being pathetic)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
C'mmon guys give them a break;):)

He did nothing in parma. Thats the fact. Same applies for Kova in Lazio.

Yu players have hard time getting into the Italian system nowdays. Thats a fact too.

Still, they are doing fine in Spain:). And thats something we should cheer about:)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I have always defended Milosevic and was happy for him when he scored in Spain. But if there's anyone who is pathetic it's Savo. Talking crap about a league just because he wasn't good enough to succeed is just sad.

So now he's not exactly on my favourite player list.

And yes, Sukur, Di Vaio, Mboma and Bonazzoli are ALL better strikers than Savo.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
First of all, have I ever blamed Savo for our bad season? He hardly played a game, didn't he?! :confused: We have to blame the WHOLE team for our bad season! :(

Honestly, a part of what Savo said in the interview sounds rather rational to me (changing coaches etc)... the problem is how the journalists present it! I guess it's the "paparazzi diseases"...

And whether other fans like him or not isn't even worth the time to discuss.

Don't be too sensitive and over-reacting, please?

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Look Parma knew what they got when they bought Savo, a great head-strong striker, who needs to be supported through the wings in order to succeed, now if you want to blame him for your coach's lack of tactical knowledge then by all means be my guest, but don't turn this into a personal insult fest.

BTW this had nothing to do with Parma or posters like Amo and Enola ;), it's about people taking cheap shots at Savo which I don't particularly appreciate.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Alot of players that don't make it in Italy for one reason or another have a go at the tactics and the league. Thierry Henry did that and he has turned out to be a good player in England even though he can't kick with his left foot. :D Some players can play in Italy and some can't, I thought Milosevic was going to be good after a good Euro 2000 but it turned out not to be. He had alot of chances but simply didn't impress. His relacement Sukur also failed to impress in Italy but maybe things will change. I for one seriously doubt it even though he scored recently. :rolleyes:

I can't believe the players Parma have lost!! Crespo, Chiesa, Thuram, Buffon, Veron etc :(

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I can hardly think of one single player in the last years, that was great in Spain and then moved to Italy and succeded there too.
Mendieta, Kova, Savo, Lopez and Moreno are examples of players that became big stars in Spain, but couldn't or can't succeed in Italy.
So there's definitely a difference. Maybe they get comfortable and used to the spanish style, and are unable to accomodate to the Italian.

It's true that Savo needs players to work for him to be succesful. In Italy, or at least in Parma, he never fit in. If Jardel moved here, he wouldn't succed either. Both of them are box players. Neither create much on thier own so they need other players to do this for them.
Savo was played in a way that didn't suit him at all in Parma.
So as allready said, tactics are partly to blame for his poor performance.

On the other hand, he do miss alot (pun intended) of chances. I've seen him miss perfect crosses from just couple of meters several times. I also know that according to la Gazzeta dello sports ratings he was the worst player in Serie A this season.

But since he moved to spain and Sukur moved to Parma, I only see winners actually. Savo can get his game back, Zaragoza get's a great scorer, Parma get's a much better performer then Savo in Sukur, and Sukur get's some first team soccer again.

So everybody should just be glad. :)
Except fans of other teams then Parma and Zaragoza of course. :tongue: :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
To all these who call us "pathetic"... please, think a bit before you post. Most Parma fans here in Xtratime were really supportive to Savo. Last season we were defending him and hoping he would come good eventually and when he played some good games towards the end of last season we were happy about him and even more supportive. Even this season, did you see us angry towards Savo? We were dissapointed because we DID believe in him. Lets face it, Savo was lame at Parma. Sure the playing style didnt fit him but this hardly means that he shouldnt score when he had chances. Most of us wanted him out after this season simply because it would be the best for all parties if he left.

So dont call us pathetic. We've been very supportive to Savo and he let us down. Accept that and see beyond the fact he is Serbian...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Savo will not return to Parma and I hope he stays in Spain...all I want is that we can get some £ for him....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts