Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buying delph sidwell and reo-coker as potential barry successors was a good thing.

But O'Neill has out done that by making a midfield that was solid to the point of being static and uncreative become a lot more fluid, dynamic and unpredictable now - and almost overnight - with Milner in the Middle and downing on the pitch and with delph sidwell and reo-coker on the bench to spare.:party:

And after seeing the Heskey goal against whatever team it was ain't credit due where it's due?:thumbsup:

what do you say, xtratimers?

aini't that Milner's most effective position in this team, now?

With the gerrard the barry and the lampard off-form could he play there for the CApello?

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
He is versatile and he's had a good couple of games for Villa in the middle. But I think, even if he does play in SA, that it won't be in the middle. He's not going to displace Barry, Lampard, Gerrard or Joe Cole. The RW will be Lennon's IMO, with Gerrard or Joe Cole on the other side. So unless we get a couple of injuries, I don't think Milner will feature much. Maybe at LB if A Cole is injured?

·
Registered
59,023 Posts
he's been a revelation in fantasy football :mad:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I still think he's better for us at the moment on the wing but he has played well in the middle and it solves the Milner, Young or Downing dilemma.

And remember, Barry started off at left-back then moved to left sided centre defender in a 3 man system, moved to left wing and then finally into the middle. I think MON might be looking to build Milner into the same kind of player and solve the hole Barry left.

·
Registered
59,023 Posts
as long as he has less assists from the middle, then I'm happy ( :mad: at those who have him in their fantasy team)

ps. thoughts on having a Birmingham football chat forum? I mean West Brom and this forum aren't so active so... :angel:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yeah, I don't see why not. In between being a mum and Twitter, I don't have huge amounts of time to keep updating this place (or inclination as it's like talking to yourself). Just make sure you allow Kafka to have a home in the B'ham forum!

·
Registered
59,023 Posts
what? it was just a pathetic attempt of mine to wind you up but it apparently makes sense :(

actually the West Brom place is really dead with not even one poster at the moment. Wouldn't really help

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hah :pp Obviously I'd like this place to stay as its always been here but if the admins think it should be moved to a more general place, I understand as I'm not updating this forum any more

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Natalya's a mother?

Always thought you were a guy...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WE DISCUSSED THE FILM La battaglia di Algeri ONCE; WHAT ELSE WAS i SUPPOSED TO THINK?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts