Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not yet but we're not far off. I think we can take the Zulu army on Thursday and if all goes well at Wolves, we could be facing Naaaarwich in the final who I'd rather have.

COME ON YOU MUSTARD EATERS!!!!!!!!!

1 - 0 to Millwall

2 - 1 to Naaarwich (oooh aarrghh)

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
you should really wait until the end of games you know...

Dublin equalises for Birmingham... spanner in the works there me thinks...

oh and Norwich scored another as well... will Wolves never go up!!!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
we can but hope :cool:

Apparently Wolves lost cos of the ref!
Nice one DJones, you fool. Just admit your players are greedy little swines and have no desire to do anything but pick up a pay cheque.

Wolves retired for the season about February I think. :D

I think Jones may well be strung up by his **** come the home leg and Wolves dont get to the final. Unless it was the ballboys / tea lady / refs hairpiece / 4th officials wrist watch / grass too long / wrong kind of air / the dirty opposition players kept scoring goals, delete as appropriate.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Norwich is not safe yet. Remember a 2-0 for Wolves would see them through. :) Although i hope The Canaries do it. :cool:

And about the other semi-final: Millwall, Millwall, all the way!!! :happy:

A play-off-final Millwall vs. Norwich... a dream really! Two very sympathic teams... but of course i'll still hope Millwall go up. Somehow i love that team! :D

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Apparently away goals do not count in the play-offs anymore,
according to Radio 5 Live anyway!
So 2-0 to Wolves would take the tie into extra time!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
COME ON CITY!
I can see us losing tonight but I hope it is only by 1 goal.
If Norwich score then surely it will be game over for Wolves.
City have lost 4-0 away from home on numerous occasions this season. If Wolves get an early goal I think they will go through.
I unfortunately will only be able to listen to live radio coverage of the match, as I don't have NTL digital. But at least if hte match is dull I can watch Real v Barca on tv with mute on!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
:D :cool: :)
YES! fOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I AM CELEBRATING A NORWICH LOSS!
I knew the match would either be a Wolves walk-over or be tight, and thank God it was the latter!
I am unsure what will happen at Cardiffl. I don't think Norwich are capable of keeping it tight at the back and being able to score a goal or two. It doesn't really matter if we face Millwall or Birmingham City

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Norwich puts bite on Wolves

Norwich has sealed a place in the division one promotion play-off final despite being beaten 1-0 by Wolves at Molineux.

The Canaries won the first leg at Carrow Road 3-1 and held out the home side until the 77th minute.

Kevin Cooper scored for the Wolves with a spectacular 30-yard effort to give his side 13 minutes to find another goal that would have knocked Norwich out of the promotion fight but it never came.

Norwich will face either Birmingham or Millwall in the May 11 final at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, with the winner being promoted to the Premier League.

It is a fairytale story for the Canaries after they just squeezed into the play-offs on the final day of the season on goal difference.

www.theworldgame.com.au

·
12,813 Posts
All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Those arrogant dingles at the Custard Bowl, selling Premiership season tickets in Feb, and mugs with "Wolves in the Premiership".

HA! Whose the mugs now?

Sir Jack Hayward, all the players and fans, have been mouthing off about how they are in the Premiership and they should have been there before as they are a big club.

Heres a suggestion for you, try getting there first before mouthing off !

MUPPETS!

:D SAID WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE :D

BOING BOING !!!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Thats just plain arrogance.

Millwall vs. Norwich?

Millwall will win, without a doubt.

·
12,813 Posts
Well NOLU, I guess your there tonight or watching it in a pub somewhere. Its 0-0 at half time and both sides seem to have good chances, Horsfield and John both missed good chances in early second half, and Dublin missed one for Millwall.

·
12,813 Posts
Millwall 0-1 Blues (Stern John 91st min)

Oh well. Always next year NOLU. :(

Sounded like a good game on the radio.

Final is now Norwich v Blues

·
12,813 Posts
Everyone thought that scenes like that last night after Millwall lost were a thing of the past at the New Den.

15 police were injured, cars attacked and set on fire, buildings damaged, and traffic lights broken.

Was it the mindless few who always come out for big games, or were Birminghams hooligans partly to blame as well? As they are far from spotless behaviour wise.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I didn't start it!!

Seriuosly as most of you may know, there is organised violence within London between rivals and against teams outside the M25. This riot seemed a little too organised to me. I believe, and it's only my theory, that there were more than just Millwall fans there. I'm not trying to say it wasn't our fault, just that it really wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea, West Ham & others were also taking part in the riot. 900 seems alot seeing that we have been reasonably well behaved in recent years.

I left the pub om Thursday full of emotion, going down to a last minute goal, and I went home and saw loads of Millwall looking rather sad. I live close to the rear of the ground, which was far from where the trouble was flairing, but I was none the wiser until the next morning when it was the main news on BBC.

I really don't have any idea how to combat the problem we have with thugs. It is a minority and it wouldn't be right to blame all of us for the actions of those that supposedly support the club, and those that may come down to join in.

:depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Its a great shame that football clubs get bad reputations just because of a minority of mindless idiots. I heard that a number of "supporters" of Premiership clubs are very relieved that Millwall aren't going up, fearful of violence. This isn't the football clubs' fault. How can they control thugs when violence like the other day, doesn't even occur at the ground. Surely Police should take responcibility, for not learning beforehand that there would be a planned riot.:groan:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts