Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its probably late since we have like 3 months left in our season, but i thought why not make a thread to see who do you think was the best player this month.. Personally i watched all Milan's games this season, even those not broadcasted live, i caught the recorded :) I know many of you did that as well so lets go!!
We'll start with February 2006 of course..
If you guys liked the idea, maybe we'll keep it going on, & maybe Presidente will make it a poll or a sticky, so as you wish..

I guess the names for this month are:

Nesta
Kaladze
Gattuso
Pirlo
Kaka
Inzaghi
Gilardino
Sheva
Be free to add or remove names ;)

i'll vote fo Ricky Kaka, cz as usual he's been amazing, lots of assists against Reggina, & magnificent against Treviso, good enough against Bayern as well!!
Second for me is Inzaghi!!

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Seedorf is an asset for us as he knows how to hold his own in the BIG GAMES. I don't think we could've travelled so far without his contributions. I get the feeling that he may leave along with Ancelotti if MvB arrives as our coach.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Haroon said:
Seedorf is an asset for us as he knows how to hold his own in the BIG GAMES. I don't think we could've travelled so far without his contributions. I get the feeling that he may leave along with Ancelotti if MvB arrives as our coach.
I hope that he'll stay.

One of the good things about Clarence is that he's so incredibly strong physically, so even when he's having an off-day offensively, he'll contribute defensively, as he hardly ever loses the ball in a physical challenge.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Kaka, is the most dominant presence out there on the field. When other players for Milan weren't doing well with opposing teams closing down space and winning some individual battles, Kaka was always the one that could consistently be relayed upon to do something that opposing teams would be hard pressed to stop. His ability to hold the ball and skip away from defenders with his suprisingly strong frame, and quickness, then allowed him to spread the field and give Milan a quick moving attack, making something out of practically nothing. No other Milan player this monthh has had so much presence on the field, not Pirlo, not Shevchenko, not Seedorf, and not Serginho. Kaka is the player of the month.

Interesting to see Milan much more of a quick and more counter-attacking game, you don't see them have those long periods of possesion in your opponents end that was characteristic of your Scudetto winning form two years ago, and the dominant games Milan played last year. You definately give up possesion a lot more, but I guess this is a good thing for your defence, though I do miss it at times.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Laudrup said:
I hope that he'll stay.

One of the good things about Clarence is that he's so incredibly strong physically, so even when he's having an off-day offensively, he'll contribute defensively, as he hardly ever loses the ball in a physical challenge.
Agreed on all accounts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
yohy said:
IF and it's a bid if,Celotts leaves and we get MvB,Seedorf is off to Juve and we get Camo,mark my words.

If... you get MvB and want to exchange Seedorff with Camo... you will get a big, fat resounding "no"!!! Mark my words :).

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Glen said:
If... you get MvB and want to exchange Seedorff with Camo... you will get a big, fat resounding "no"!!! Mark my words :).
Considering that Capello is a big admirer of the Dutchman, and a few years ago called him, and I quote, "one of the most complete players in Europe", I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Personally I wouldn't want such an exchange deal to take place as little as yourself, though :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts