Xtratime Community banner

Should Milan Keep Pioli for the 2020-21 Season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioli is doing pretty good. The team is clearly improving lately. The latest rumors are that the management are "satisfied". Did we finally find the right coach, good enough to build a project? Or should we aim much higher since the start of the season to prevent a Gattuso and Montella scenario?

Should Milan keep him? Should it depend on how they end season? If so, should there be the threshold or criteria to decide?

·
Registered
15,451 Posts
Ultimately it's a results game and that needs to be the marker by which he is judged. If we don't qualify for CL then he should go.

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CL seems really difficult though...

·
Registered
15,451 Posts
CL seems really difficult though...
True, but not impossible. 10 points with plenty of games left, plus we host Atalanta at San Siro.

That's not to say I think we will qualify, but IMO there are no excuses. Pioli to his credit is doing good things, but unless it translates in to consistent results that get us CL football then it's just the same old.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I think it's absurd to demand that a manager bring us to CL when he takes over mid season when we were what . . . 13th in the table?

It's too early to say for me but if we keep playing well then we should keep him. The manager merry go round needs to stop.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think he has clause that if we get certain target, he'll automatically get extended contract. By judging team performance so far, i like Pioli work.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
The real problem comes if your solid trajectory with Pioli continues and then a top manager becomes available. Do you dump Pioli and risk things going south or keep him and miss the boat on that manager?

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
It depends on who the manager that is going to replace him. If it’s another non proven manager,
This merry go round need to stop.

A few pointers need to be address:
  • our scoring record.
  • beating the top teams
Like wise he is not much of an upgrade but I prefer how we are playing now than before. So Pioli have that credit.

Anyway we will have the answer in the last few matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
You only get rid of him if we are somehow in the play for a top manager who gets to rebuild the team to his liking. If the idea is to bring some next backwater italian manager then I see no reason in that.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Another Arsenal (wc stadium, can spend 80m in one player, pay high wages) would be a dream for us. We will become Atalanta at best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts