Xtratime Community banner

1601 - 1612 of 1612 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts
The dude has denied this 10 million times. Most recently just last Wednesday. I am puzzled why the press keep writing about it.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Let's say that conglomerate buys us, and decides one of their companies or more than one concludes a sponsorship deal with Milan for 100m a year. That's how you circumvent FFP.

·
Administrator
11,721 Posts
Getting away with it is different than following rules.

Obviously PSG and City try to get away with it.

3. Is sponsorship included in the calculation?

Sponsorship is a gray area in FFP. UEFA's rules explain it as follows: "If a club's owner injects money into the club through a sponsorship deal with a company to which he is related (if the sponsor accounts for more than 30 percent of the club's revenues), then UEFA's competent bodies will investigate and, if necessary, adapt the calculations of the break-even result for the sponsorship revenues to the level which is appropriate ('fair value') according to market prices." Based on this, there is no definition of what amount would be in breach of their rules and UEFA handles it on a case-by-case basis. This leaves it open to abuse and exploitation.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
For us and similar teams to be able to compete at highest levels first need to invest huge amount after that it will become easier... See Psg, city, Chelsea... Even Juve invested big after serie B and in the end it payed off and now they are rich mf.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
We invested big on players. Last seen, we are amongst the top 5 clubs for the last few season in spending.

The problem is the buying issue.....and I am glad with many players that have been shown the door in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts
If FFP is followed and enforced rich owner doesn't make a difference so nothing to really celebrate any way. For example City are still in trouble PSG too, whether or not UEFA do anything is another thing of course.
From a pure financial spending point of view, yes a rich owner doesn't mean much. But to be associated with the luxury brands of the LVMH family is indeed a plus, and not to mention a proper long term plan for the organization.

·
Administrator
11,721 Posts
Long term plan indeed, but need a big culture change that may take more time than we think and more time than even an owner has a willingness for.
I think we must realize how a team like Inter got out of FFP issues. I think I posted this before but may be not, look how much this player was sold for and how it compares to our sales and market.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
This is pure speculation and the kind of conspiracy theory I usually reject, but I've been toying with the idea that LVMH acquiring Milan is something that Elliott "planted" and that there is not much more behind it. It makes sense from their part because it's an incredibly recognized group and brand, big numbers have been thrown around, etc, just making it seem like a top 5 fortune and a group with that kind of image is interested, who would not. The Armani quotes would be exactly what they were looking for. Then there is the fact that all "leaks" seem to come from Milan, and the "non disclosure" is just awfully convenient.

Needless to say, I hope 100000% that I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
There is a saying “there is no smoke without fire”.

Let see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1601 - 1612 of 1612 Posts