Xtratime Community banner

1581 - 1600 of 1612 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Just brutal numbers. And our best player is a home grown GK.

Reactions: abdulsabo5

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Every day more rumors about the Vuitton group's interest in buying Milan. I bet most of you have seen a few, as well as the denials.

Something cooking it seems?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I will think many Milan fans couldn’t be too bothered about this. Even the Italian Milanista seem not taking the rumors seriously.
If it happen, great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It's hard to get too excited given how opaque the whole thing is. In the club, since Berlsuconi really, and of course the alleged "confidentiality clause" makes it even more so in this case.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Will they make a difference though? Will they spent 300m euros in transfers just that we can get to play in CL?

Does anyone know why they would want to buy a football club?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Will they make a difference though? Will they spent 300m euros in transfers just that we can get to play in CL?

Does anyone know why they would want to buy a football club?
They are among the richest people in the world, so one would presume they’d be ready to spend money.

As for why buy a football team, it’s a good question. The easy answer would be it’s a good fit, a big Milano club for a super economic conglomerate built around European luxury brands. But I’m sure it’s much more complicated.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It's about both stability and spending, though. Ultimately our issue with FFP was that Fassone & Mirabelli went absolutely insane and then did not get results. But as shitty as the squad they built was, and with some luck, by the second season were one point from CL, which would have made a massive difference.

We 100% need a real ownership committed for the long term, which we have not had for a decade, but what that means in practice, at least one of the things it means, is an ownership willing to commit resources in the long term.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
The good thing might be that we can sign sponsorship deals with their controlled and owned companies... Something PSG is doing and will not care about FFP.

Too good to be true :)

·
Scudetto
23,366 Posts
So will we switch to Christian Dior jerseys with Bvlgari as title sponsors? And players wearing Louis Vuitton boots? Wow :D

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
The good thing might be that we can sign sponsorship deals with their controlled and owned companies... Something PSG is doing and will not care about FFP.

Too good to be true :)
Very good point.

Although we have been one of the biggest spenders in Europe the last few years despite FFP and look at the results. Money isn't really the problem, it's using it wisely.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Holy shit, there seems to be announcement on Milan sale.
- via Vito Angele

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Fingers crossed

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Vito source is thru Braida....Boban will have more power in managing the club.
New owner want Allegri back.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I hope it goes through. It will be very nice to have a legitimate (not the Chinese), long term (not Elliot), management that actually cares (not B&G in their last few years). It has been a while.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
The last 10years I have learned to expect the worst and hope for just a little better from Milan.

So i don't expect the club to be sold or if sold the new owners will fail and the dark ages will continue ;)

1581 - 1600 of 1612 Posts