Xtratime Community banner

1561 - 1580 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
24,057 Posts
Other news outlets are claiming that Milan has been banned instead of withdrawn!

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
Yes, seems like it's more about buying time. Let's see how it translates to spending power in the mercato, but looks a good move.

I won't miss Thursday evenings of Europa League.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Rumors of a Qatar takeover of Milan. Seems very unofficial stuff so far.

·
Registered
24,057 Posts
:wee:
You all are gonna drink halal champagne :yess:

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
I will drink the whole bottle of halal cool aid if this happens.

·
Scudetto
23,353 Posts
What changes? It's not as if the new owners can inject any significant capital to turn us into PSG or City overnight. The FFP would prohibit that.

·
Registered
24,057 Posts

·
Registered
24,057 Posts
I will drink the whole bottle of halal cool aid if this happens.
Thank you brother, Sheikh van Al-Thani.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Great article today in Financial Times about Milan...

“ Sensitive to the charge their ownership is a vanity project, Elliott executives say their plan for the Rossoneri — the Red and Blacks — has a clear profit motive: win matches on the pitch, raise revenues off it, all to raise the club’s value and sell for a healthy return. So far that has been easier said, than done. This account of Elliott’s plans for AC Milan is taken from more than a dozen interviews including with executives at the two organisations plus bankers, agents, analysts and rival club officials. I think it’s going to be really hard to turn Milan round and sell it for $1bn,” says one club executive who declines to be named. “I keep thinking there must be a more obvious play here that I’m not seeing. It could be as simple as Paul Singer’s son wanted to get involved in football and they have so much money that they could just do that.”

That view is rejected by figures close to Elliott’s leadership, who point to the fund’s healthy returns to investors over many years as evidence that it does not succumb to distractions. Largely unnoticed, Elliott has also funded a complex debt deal with the owner of French club Lille, deepening its presence in the world’s favourite sport.“

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Great article today in Financial Times about Milan...

“ Sensitive to the charge their ownership is a vanity project, Elliott executives say their plan for the Rossoneri — the Red and Blacks — has a clear profit motive: win matches on the pitch, raise revenues off it, all to raise the club’s value and sell for a healthy return. So far that has been easier said, than done. This account of Elliott’s plans for AC Milan is taken from more than a dozen interviews including with executives at the two organisations plus bankers, agents, analysts and rival club officials. I think it’s going to be really hard to turn Milan round and sell it for $1bn,” says one club executive who declines to be named. “I keep thinking there must be a more obvious play here that I’m not seeing. It could be as simple as Paul Singer’s son wanted to get involved in football and they have so much money that they could just do that.”

That view is rejected by figures close to Elliott’s leadership, who point to the fund’s healthy returns to investors over many years as evidence that it does not succumb to distractions. Largely unnoticed, Elliott has also funded a complex debt deal with the owner of French club Lille, deepening its presence in the world’s favourite sport.“
Yes, interesting read.

For those interested, the full piece is here: https://www.ft.com/content/cc87fbe0-e5e9-11e9-b112-9624ec9edc59

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

Milan revenue are amongst the lowest in progress. The club is so bad at this even during Berlusconi era.
Other clubs who are owned by Billionaires still making impressive revenues.

As a whole, the English clubs took advantage in terms of marketing without comparing into the football success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1561 - 1580 of 1599 Posts