Xtratime Community banner

1541 - 1560 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I guess the rationale is you supposedly didn't finance your qualification the right way, so by right you should disqualified.

All in all, as crazy as the FFP has been punishing us, I think there are some aspects of it we as casual fans don't know and have not thoroughly studied.

It simply does not make sense that a club like ours cannot put in money as they want, so they can buy the required players to create a financially-sustainable club.

Once you have good players > you perform well in the league > you attract fans > you qualify for the Champions League > you earn more TV money > you earn more from merchandise and ticket sales.

But now we can't invest in good players to begin the cycle above?

Something is wrong somewhere....
Exactly! And at this situation, the rich clubs would keep getting stronger and richer while the struggling clubs stay down. Or at most would take years to crawl back up. No matter the good intentions of these ffp rules, it is flawed. Something is wrong, as you say.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Atalanta is in the CL ffs, we are just poorly managed.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Exactly! And at this situation, the rich clubs would keep getting stronger and richer while the struggling clubs stay down. Or at most would take years to crawl back up. No matter the good intentions of these ffp rules, it is flawed. Something is wrong, as you say.

We are not poor either. Just the mismanagement and thus unsustainable to keep the balance sheet right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Can someone explain the roles in our management? 1. Chief football officer (Boban) 2. Technical Director (Maldini) 3. Sporting Director (Massara).

It seems Massara just inform Maldini about possible players transfers without decisive ability to buy players, seems like a head scout to me (how about Moncada?), while Maldini can decide which player to buy, and Boban can advice him about players transfers.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
There are many other aspects in running a football club of the scale of Milan besides the transfers. I don't know what is the ideal numbers of managers of that level, but I am sure there are a bunch of other things several of them have to deal with -- a lot of which is completely uninteresting to fans like us or the media.

And I mean just the parts related to football, which is what these guys are responsible for.

In other words, I have no idea what they do either. :D

·
Administrator
11,309 Posts
I am sure Doc and some others will have something to say but seriously this line from the official site is a bit much

AC Milan announces the appointment of Frederic Massara as Sporting Director of the First team, effective July 1, 2019. The top executive will report directly to the Club's Strategic Development Director of the Technical Area, Paolo Maldini.
Original Italian
Direttore Sviluppo Strategico Area Tecnica del Club

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
I have to admit, if they were creating positions with these names in the place I work I’d be complaining.

But I agree with doc; it’s just bound to be better than the one-man or two-men shows of the past decade.

My main worry for now is that things are moving a bit slow, but that too will be less harmful than the poorly conceived transfer blitzes of the recent past.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
ESPN reports that Scaroni says Milan and Inter plan to tear down San Siro to build a new stadium. Such a pity if true.

I will always support restoration and improvement of these beautiful, unique old stadiums rather than demolishing them to build new ones, so many of which look similar to each other...

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Indeed, I think the mayor just told them to **** off. There's Winter Olympics in 2026 and he said they will be hosted at San Siro.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
The Milano politicians have long enough fvcked both Inter and Milan. they should just fvck off, if not the teams should have a campaign against them so next elections they get 0.3% of votes.

Yes, it is better to save some part of San Siro and build around it but it will probably be more costly and will take more time.

So fvck the politicians :)

·
Registered
24,057 Posts
1541 - 1560 of 1599 Posts