Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 1612 Posts

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Well when it comes to football, fitness is more often than not directly affected by age.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
true, you still have to take purely fitness into the consideration and not age ;) then you cant discount the two other factors i mentioned

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
in fact AGE is probably not a factor, ie it is illigal to take it into consideration. You can speak of fitness, etc but not of age as such i guess;
The only thing that should be considered is what use the player is to the club.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
The only thing that should be considered is what use the player is to the club.
that is what i am saying - that probably IS NOT and CANNOT be the only thing to be considered. if my small non profit of circa 30 people, has written set of criterea and policies on how the salaries are being decided etc, surely a multimillion euro business like Milan does have them too. And i am talking about those written policies.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
in a normal firm employees get paid more for every year because they become better at their work and more indispensible to the company. As far as Milan goes we do for sure have something close to a "loyalty wage" meaning that players that been loyal to the club long get some leeway on their wages.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
certainly rules and criteria are adaptable to circumstances (i.e. sports) but they also most likely do exist and are being applied. so its not only that Galliani woke up one day and decided to give X amount to Rino and another to someone else. i doubt there is "loyalty wage" and if there it is probably not phrased that way at all. In that sense every company has that or should - surely one long term and good employee is to be kept as she/he woudl know that company's ways and culture better, no need for learning curves, doing the same thing for a long time, recognized by the outside clients/world, etc etc etc. This all counts no matter which business are you are in. Its business logic.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Galliani don't just give whatever wages he feels for. most important might be how good/hated agent the player got. Some players really managed to skin clubs.

Hence why many here think some earn to much and some earn to little.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
i disagree ... everything before your "hence" is pure speculation hence what comes after the "hence" is unfounded

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
i disagree ... everything before your "hence" is pure speculation hence what comes after the "hence" is unfounded
I find that a strange statment. First of all, we hardly disagree and secondly, what I said was hardly much more speculative than what you said.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts
I believe that salaries are negotiated exactly like in your everyday profession.

I hear Lucio got a raise after attending a course in zonal marking at the University of Cambridge.

Or maybe there are just certain budget restraints (total and in each individual case) and then they pull a number out of their ass within those limitations. And haggle back and forth with the agent of course.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
johan, how so? Your speculation is in the realm of when students think 75% of their grade depends if the prof will like their clothes or if his mistress gave him a blow job or not; my one is based on the belief there are clear set of rules and criterea under which you are evaluated which leave enough but little space for subjective elements other than your performance

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
From Deloitte's Football Money League 2012:

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
I love these. It's great to see that we're the Italian club with the most revenue but the distance to the top 4 is huge. We really need to renovate San Siro or build something new. I'm amazed that Berlusconi hasn't built a shrine to himself, a top modern stadium, yet.

So last season we got about €105m left after we paid the wages? Where did that go?

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Yeah I was waiting for something like that :D

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
A new or a San Siro only for us is the biggest priority.

I have never been at San Siro but what I have heard is that the stadium is not convenient enough for today's sports, we should do the same as Juve did ... and if they can do it WHY can't Milan do it?! They both are Italian clubs.

A new 90 000 seats stadium would be nice ;)

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Our player salaries according to Gazzetta dello Sport:

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Still the highest in Serie A with €120m. Juve with €115m, Inter €100m and Roma €95m. Good job by Galliani to take it down from €160m and looking at that list I wouldn't say anybody but Mexes (because he isn't worth it) and Pato (because he never plays anyway) aren't worth it.

Next step in the wage reduction should surely be to make the squad smaller.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Skill-wise Mexes and Montolivo don't deserve those wages, but I guess it's like with Flamini who got very high wage because he was a free transfer player. With Pato it's like paying him 0,5M/game so that's a waste.

Contracts ending in 2013? Ambro for sure, but anyone else? Bonera?

61 - 80 of 1612 Posts