Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1612 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very interesting article

I don't think anyone can deny that the club has been managed very poorly in this aspect. The wage bill is ridicilous (although the taxes in Italy don't help but isn't the situation the same in England?). Bayern is the perfect example of how a club needs to operate. Despite being smaller than Milan in almost everything, their revenue has surpassed us and it continues to rise.

How will the new "UEFA Financial Fair Play" rule affect us? Berlusconi wont be able to cover the losses in a few years. What will the future bring? Something definitly needs to change. Cutting the wage bill is a must. I'm sure we can atract much better players for less money than what we're paying now for some of these "stars". A new stadium... or even better a Milan owned San Siro would help a lot but I don't see it happening any time soon.

What do you think?

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Not much to add to a very good article. We are obviously dependent on Berlusconi to finance losses. I dont believe for a second that the UEFA rules cant be circumvented, so we are only at the mercy of the president, but that is hardly news.

Great read though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
The stadium issue is a very important one and some that is mirrored all over Italy. Says a lot too when a Danish team that owns their own stadium can just elevate themselves far over the other scandinavian teams and how the English teams that have their own owned stadiums make so much more.

The wage issue we have talked about long here. Is especially bad if compared to the high-mid table teams in serie A.

A good example would be Lavezzi-Robinho. When it comes to what they could contribute to this team I wouldn't see much of a difference, but Robinho earns several times as much in wages.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society. They will always be dependent on their owner. Nothing wrong with that. FC Byern is a firm, it's a different story.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society. They will always be dependent on their owner. Nothing wrong with that. FC Byern is a firm, it's a different story.
We have Bayern, the self-dependant club that generates its own money and is able to buy players and on the other hand we have Milan, that is dependant on it's owner to clear the losses and has spent 0 net on transfers in the last 5 years. I know which way I prefer :D

And we'll have to become a firm too if UEFA's new law is as serious as people claim.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
We are a firm, but a subsidiary of Berlusconi, Inc. He says when to spend, and when not. This is not our only cycle with Berlu. Remember the late 90s early 00s?

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Privately owned clubs are rich people's way of paying back what they have took away from society.
That is true for some owners, but I dont agree that rich people in general take things away from society. Probably a different discussion anyway, so carry on.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
That is true for some owners, but I dont agree that rich people in general take things away from society. Probably a different discussion anyway, so carry on.
Well, let me modify then with "Berlusconi-type of rich people" ;)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
of course they do moda fakers all of them ... take two peole that work every day. one makes lets say 10 million a year than other one makes 10 000 a year (if he is lucky). There is no fuking way the first is 1 million times better than the latter. its just the fuking system and life, which of course is all unfair and all ... but unfar it is, you cant call it suddenly fair.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are a firm, but a subsidiary of Berlusconi, Inc. He says when to spend, and when not. This is not our only cycle with Berlu. Remember the late 90s early 00s?
Obviously but what's your point? Berlu said himself he wants us to be self-dependant so what's your problem with becoming like Bayern (i.e. increasing revenue year in year out)

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stadium issue is a very important one and some that is mirrored all over Italy. Says a lot too when a Danish team that owns their own stadium can just elevate themselves far over the other scandinavian teams and how the English teams that have their own owned stadiums make so much more.

The wage issue we have talked about long here. Is especially bad if compared to the high-mid table teams in serie A.

A good example would be Lavezzi-Robinho. When it comes to what they could contribute to this team I wouldn't see much of a difference, but Robinho earns several times as much in wages.

Missed this post.

I still don't understand how Italy seems to be stuck in the dark ages while clubs in other leagues have realised what a boost to a club's economy a new stadium can mean. I mean looking at the stadiums around the league, one has to wonder if all these clubs are run by imbeciles. Surely a stadium is expensive but there are differend ways to finance it and in most cases the money will be made back pretty quickly.

Regarding Robinho-Lavezzi... pretty good comparison. It puzzles me how our wages are a lot higher than let's say those of the club that pumped us 7-2 last year in the CL

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Obviously but what's your point? Berlu said himself he wants us to be self-dependant so what's your problem with becoming like Bayern (i.e. increasing revenue year in year out)
That's not gonna happen unless Berlu sells the club. He said that as a way to tell Galliani and fans that the club will be short of cash for few seasons ;)

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
You are a cheat :D

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Yeah, a cheat :D

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
Missed this post.

I still don't understand how Italy seems to be stuck in the dark ages while clubs in other leagues have realised what a boost to a club's economy a new stadium can mean. I mean looking at the stadiums around the league, one has to wonder if all these clubs are run by imbeciles. Surely a stadium is expensive but there are differend ways to finance it and in most cases the money will be made back pretty quickly.
You also seemed to miss why this is.

The clubs know very well the economics behind the stadiums, but they don't fail doing something about it due to ignorance (obviously). While yes, finances goes for many clubs not able to do it, but the larger issue is that the city concils are NOT helping, instead they are pleased to earn money on the teams. unlike Real Madrid that is sponsored by the city. Basically they will not sell a stadium that they profit from and they will not release land for another stadium. But also, the failing audience figures probably play into it. That the clubs earns most from TV money...

1 - 20 of 1612 Posts