Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To say that one day I had great respect for English football, press and dedication to the game will make me absolutely sick now!!

Who can remember a 39 year old defender, spending all his life at the same club, playing at the highest levels, more than 1000 games, and up to this day performing at the level we are seeing these days????

The one instance an English club managed to knock our great Milan from Europe, this is how they react??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2008/mar/12/paolomaldini?lightbox=1

To those who do not know, The Guardian, is considered one of the biggest, if not the biggest, papers in the UK..

A gallery for Paolo Maldini, supposedly meant to make people feel "cheered up" as Arsenal managed to win a game and get Milan out of Europe by insulting (maybe others will not consider it insults, but we do) a long living football legend, probably the greatest defender of all times, a player you can never wish for a youngster to reach his level both technically and professionally, yet these fvcking bastards, football retards make joy putting him in such "designs"..

I'm keeping it in mind, I wish somebody can guide me how I can reach with this to the highest levels, to get the apology our great captain deserves from those so called "humor makers"

:frustrat:

Maybe I am over-reacting, somebody might say, but Paolo Maldini, a symbol for the club that tortured English & European clubs all over the years, in SPORT and SPORT ONLY, should not under any circumstances be put in such drawings!!!

I hope he'll play for a season or two more, just to see him take his own revenge the only way he can: by playing FOOTBALL!!!

FORZA MALDINI
FORZA SAN PAOLO

FORZA MILAN
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
C'mon Ize. It's just some crappy made photoshops. Let's not take it too seriously:)

Forza Maldini:heart:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
yes, you are over-reacting

It is not meant in a vicious way IMO

It's not very funny though
Shit, what's up, Ize? ;) I totally agree with above, you are quite over-reacting :)

And indeed, I expected British humour to be funnier :undecide:

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
They were are all terribly unfunny, except the one with the Al Capone style with the trophies.

So yeah, the only terrible shame here is a big british newspaper dirtying up their usually high comedy standard by printing that german style unfunny attempts.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C'mon Ize. It's just some crappy made photoshops. Let's not take it too seriously:)

Forza Maldini:heart:

Yes, I am and I should be over-reacting!!

I don't intend to insult any English club, fan or sport, and being a resident of this country, I always looked to come here to resume my education, knowing that these people are up to the highest standard in every aspect!!

Our Milan itself was first the idea of an Englishman, and we aren't more thankful..

Milan, dominating Europe for so long, being the most internationally crowned club in the world, we deserve respect, especially having a leader in the shape of Paolo Maldini, a sign of professional football at it best, a legend and the perfect example for youngsters..

But as we didn't insult anybody, we deserve to be fully respected..

As a Milan fan, as a Maldini fan, I was extremely irritated by what I saw, I reject that under all circumstances, crappy photoshops or whatever!!

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
They were are all terribly unfunny, except the one with the Al Capone style with the trophies.

So yeah, the only terrible shame here is a big british newspaper dirtying up their usually high comedy standard by printing that german style unfunny attempts.
Says the scandinavian Gobbo, how neat ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shit, what's up, Ize? ;) I totally agree with above, you are quite over-reacting :)

Doc, it sounds as if I am more angry that its in real :pp I know

The idea is that Maldini is being put into drawings, it is indeed irritating!!

You should respect an old player for performing like this at 39, not put him in images like that? What message does it give, even for English players? Are they laughing at that now? Is it purely for kracking some laughs here & there?? Why is Maldini the subject?

Having said that, I think Maldini was our best man in defence in both Arsenal games!!

I'd like to see what people close to Milan think?? Luciano!!!!

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Why is Maldini the subject?
Cause he is a legend! He symbolize the internationally most winning team, at least the last two decades of it.

Maldini was majestic against the Gunners. You watched San Paolo in London, I watched him in Milano. Incredible player, each time he touches the ball, wins a tackling, dribbles a player, with 39, makes you proud to be a born a Milanista. I'm all for a (r)evolution of the squad, to rejuvenate our roster. But when the game was over and we lost 0-2, one of the first things I said to the other guys from XT was that I hope he continues. Can't imagine to see a Milan without him. :( Might be an irrational wish, considering that I hope for a rejuvenation of our magico Milan, but I cant help. I dont want Milan vs Udine to be the last match that I've ever watched Maldini playing for our beloved Milan.

However I dont think those pictures intended to ridicule the legend. Either it's you overreacting, dottore, or I'm simply misunderstanding the intention of the pics.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cause he is a legend! He symbolize the internationally most winning team, at least the last two decades of it.

Maldini was majestic against the Gunners. You watched San Paolo in London, I watched him in Milano. Incredible player, each time he touches the ball, wins a tackling, dribbles a player, with 39, makes you proud to be a born a Milanista. I'm all for a (r)evolution of the squad, to rejuvenate our roster. But when the game was over and we lost 0-2, one of the first things I said to the other guys from XT was that I hope he continues. Can't imagine to see a Milan without him. :( Might be an irrational wish, considering that I hope for a rejuvenation of our magico Milan, but I cant help. I dont want Milan vs Udine to be the last match that I've ever watched Maldini playing for our beloved Milan.

However I dont think those pictures intended to ridicule the legend. Either it's you overreacting, dottore, or I'm simply misunderstanding the intention of the pics.

Agreed!!

I, as well, don't know whether I'm over-reacting or whether I just felt this urge of anger rushing in as I saw the silly drawings!!

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Classless act by a classless newspaper. Not worth the attention. Though I am using the pic you post as ana avatar for a week or so :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Your over reacting. They do this to a lot of players because some may find them funny. They've done it to van Persie for example but no one found it offensive.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
It is offensive, but it does not worth more attention.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is offensive, but it does not worth more attention.
Who decides that??

What if its an English Legend in Italian press??????

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
People can say or draw whatever they wish. Fact is no one except Milan fans and italians to a certain point know what it is to have Maldini playing for your team. I would expect a true football fan (as in a serious watcher of the game and loving good football) would feel the biggest of respect twoards Maldini. Most people in the world however just don't care at all about these things and would much rather see their drawings published on a well known newspaper.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
What if its an English Legend in Italian press??????
That would generally involve a pub, or some sort of racial abuse, or having big elbows to barge for high balls.

The saddest picture is the one with Walcott in it, as if he was the one who played a major part. That alone fcks up their entire notion of football.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts