Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here it goes, the preview from SoccerAge.com ;)

01/25/2002. Milan-Udinese

AT STAKE

This will be a fundamental match for Milan, who have no alternatives to the win if they want to keep on fighting for the scudetto. The rossoneri had some very poor outings of late, namely two straight draws against supposedly weaker sides like Brescia and Fiorentina and a home defeat in the Coppa Italia semifinal against Juventus, so they must also try to recapture the confidence of their skeptic fans. And Shevchenko is expected to show that his crisis is finally over.

On their part, Udinese hope to confirm to be one of the most effective away sides of the league and avoid the fourth defeat in five contests. Ventura's men have already won four times away from the Friuli stadium, although their last two trips ended with as many tough losses against the Turin sides, Juventus and Torino, and will be boosted by last week's very positive performance against another Serie A giant, reigning Italian champions Roma.

TEAM NEWS

-Milan: coach Carlo Ancelotti is still without veteran defender Costacurta, as well as long-term injured Maldini and Filippo Inzaghi, while Rui Costa is expected to be back next week and Gattuso is suspended. The former Juventus trainer takes comfort with the recovery of Georgian defender Kaladze, who is expected to be in the starting eleven. Josè Mari will pair up Shevchenko on the offensive line.

Starting line-up (4-4-2): Abbiati; Helveg, Chamot, Laursen, Kaladze; Contra, Albertini, Donati, Serginho; Josè Mari, Shevchenko
Bench: Rossi, Roque Junior, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Pirlo, Javi Moreno, Simone

-Udinese: as usual, coach Giampiero Ventura will miss plenty of injured players. Defender Zamboni and Bertotto, offensive midfielder Jorgensen and strikers Sosa, Pavon and Nomvete will all be sidelined. Ventura is expected to confirm the same starting eleven who drew last week against Roma.

Starting line-up (3-5-2): Turci; Gargo, Sottil, Manfredini; Martinez, Pinzi, Pizarro, Helguera, Pineda; Muzzi, Di Michele
Bench: De Sanctis, Caballero, Scarlato, Pieri, Marcos Paulo, Almiron, Iaquinta

FORM GUIDE
Milan last 6 matches: WWDWDL. The rossoneri have been quite inconsistent of late. In the Serie A, Ancelotti's men lost ground from the top of the ranking following two straight draws against Brescia and Fiorentina, while in the Coppa Italia they eliminated Lazio before losing at home the first leg of the semifinal against Juventus.

Udinese last 6 matches: WLLDLD. The friulani are winless in the last five matches. Last week's 1-1 home draw against Roma stopped a 3-match losing streak, following which Udinese fell into the relegation zone, after spending the first part of the season in the middle of the ranking.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
-Milan: Andryi Shevchenko. Sheva is perhaps in the worst moment of his Serie A career. The Ukrainain striker has been looking in a really bad shape in the last outings, and with Inzaghi still sidelined Milan just can't afford his slump to continue.

-Udinese: Roberto Muzzi. Milan's defence hasn't been looking very reliable of late, and the experienced striker can definitely take profit of that with his speed and imagination.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
This is almost a do-or-die clash for Milan, and the rossoneri should finally manage to grab the three points they missed in the last two disappointing outings. Udinese are perhaps the most unpredictable team of the league and their away record is quite impressive, but the friulani look weaker now than in the beginning of the season and keep on conceding plenty of goals. Narrow home win for Ancelotti's men.

Milan 1 Udinese 0

I got nothing else to say but one thing :D

Forza Milan! :heart:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shevagoooool! Milan are up 1-0

and wait, Serginho scores! Milan are up 2-0. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shev is getting pathetic with this stuff. :mad:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
MIolan goal disallowed in min 93' as Albertini is on offside and the game finishes in favor of Udinese 2-3.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I've only seen the goal updates on RAI (I will watch highlights and read reviews later) but was there any doubt in anybody's mind that when Sheva missed his PK it would come back to kill us in the end? Granted, the horrendous defensive performance didn't help, but you just had to know that missed opportunity would be the difference between a point and none taken.

That said, allowing three goals at home is a f*cking crime. I really don't understand this team at all. We finally score two quick goals in teh first half, only to have our otherwise solid defense fall completely apart. :mad: :(

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Wow everyone last week said we will win 7 games in a row and

win the title, it looks like we r gonna lose 7 in a row :D :D

i didn't see the game, but do i need to? dont think so...

i wonder what is going to happen now? do u think carlo

will get the boot?? or because he is the 2nd coach this season

we have to keep quiet and stay with this rubbish till the end

of the season so we look like a big club?...

i guess that leaves me with cheering my second club, chelsea,

who believe it or not, with petit - zola - hasselbank - desaily -

zenden- and stanic have 10 times more quality than milan :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Are you really a Milan fan? You seem to really get a kick out of our losses. I don't think I've everseen you post anything constructive or during Milan's good times.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Dae which Milan's good times u mean? when we last won

something 3 years ago? :confused:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I couldn't have made my point any better myself. Thanks.

I can't remember you ever posting anything except after some disappointing loss and it's always as if you enjoyed the loss.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I dreamed we lost 1-0....

I simply have nothing to say except that we NEEDED those 3 points. We've dropped enough points now.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Milan's chances of winning the Scudetto is fading faster than the shine in Galliani's blad head:( and with Sheva going through a slump at the moment,its pretty obvious that the entire team depends on him to score.Whenever Sheva fails to get the goals,Milan is unable to get them from someone else and this has been the problem in the last couple of years or so.Last year Milan's second highest scorer scored 6 goals and this season, Pippo getting injured at such a crucial stage was a killer blow.Ancelotti hasnt been able to sort out the defensive problems as it still is as unpredictable as before.Brilliant in one game ad total BS in another:rollani:It'll be a miracle if Milan wins anything this season and the best that the club can hope for is a place in the Champions League.:)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Milan's chances of winning the scudetto are over, It's all gone and IMO the best we can do is 3rd or 4th place when it's all over and I'll be pretty happy if we do so considering that we've had a chunkfull of people injured, next week doesn't get any easier as two "big" clubs that are in crisis right now between ourselves and Lazio go face to face. Lazio will have to make up the game vs Chievo i think which was postponed long time ago, so that's a good thing. ;)

Forza Milan! :heart:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Scudetto huh? Can't you see that our players are happy with the points we already got. They are pretty sure we will not be relegated and with their minimal wages they don't care to fight for anything better. Now they are more interested in not getting all to sweaty before the post game interviews. :rolleyes:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Very bad result for us. Time to review for Ancelotti some of his defensive selection. Time for the Milan players to get their acts together and start playing, and stop having those deadly lapses of concentration.

Time to wake up before it's too late!

FORZA IL VERO MAGICO MILAN!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
what the fu;k?

I cant beleive Udinese beat Milan 3-2 what is happening why did Sheva miss another PK,we need Rui Costa at 100% fast and Inzagui our the season is going down the tubes...:depress:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts