Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope we win but then again i dont want us in the cl for next year.

And inter is the lesser of two evils here

i feel we stand no chance and a juve on the tip toes tommorow at the delle alpi will murder us. u though dortmund away was bad, a determined juve are 10 times worse plus the refs (right glen ;) )

Lav

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Come on, geeeeeeez! AC Milan is a lot better than this, no matter the form a game vs Juve is always important its sort of a second derby and Milan has enough talent to beat Juventus on a good day.

The problem lays in the fact that Ancelotti doesnt seem to be a great motivator, So I sure hope Rossonero all over Italy encourages the squad, no matter how bad a team might be its never good to be destroy, specially by juventus.

SO I believe for real that if Milan goes with the Same attitude against the Zebra that they showed this thursday, they will surprise a lot of people.

They should forget about Ancelotti's schemes tactic or whatever, just go out to win give it all, fight like it is a war, just run through that wall.

So forza Milan!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yeah, sure Lav :).

I dare not make a prediction on us winning, but I can't see us losing as our defence with Montero on the field is nearly unpenetrable. That said- nothing but winning will do of course.

We can't guard ourselves against fantastic crosses though ;).

Ciao.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I don't know why, but for this game, i have a geniune good feeling...;) Let us play with the same spirit as we did against Dortmund, and i'm sure we can come home with a positive result.

Glen, who has Mr. Moggi appointed to ref this game? Please don't tell me it is De Sanctis or Collina, who are very pronounced Moggi buddies...;):tongue:

·
Administrator
11,902 Posts
I know this is a Milan forum but since San_Siro_1 mentioned it I thought it is a good place to say the Collina is overrated big time. Everytime they (on TV...) talk about good soccer refs they mention his name. I am not just talking about the Roma - Venezia game but this guy is really off the mark with many decisions. Incidentally I have watched a lot of games where refs seem to favor a 'big' club over 'small' one which is sad; but if in a big game , say Inter vs. Juve (two big clubs), the ref seems to favor one over the other it is just stupid, who cares if Moratti paid more than Moggi or viceversa ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Good point Rezag, but the day when Moratti will outsmart Moggi, hell will freeze over...:stress::tongue:
Moratti, even with his billions, can't over-bid Moggi...in fact no one can...:eek: Right Glen?;):D:tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Forza Milan!!! :D:D:D (i'll only say it for 2 weeks)... :D:D:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Preview: Juventus And Milan Clash At The Delle Alpi
Juventus - Milan | News Archive

Ancelotti in his Juve days (ALLSPORT)
04/12/2002. AT STAKE
Week 31's big game takes place at the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin, a stadium that is going to see less of the bianconeri and more of cranes and concrete mixers over the next twelve months as it is given a complete face-lift. AC Milan travel to Turin in the hope of keeping their hopes of a Champions League berth alive. A win would not only keep them in the hunt, but may even move them up to fourth should Bologna drop points at home this weekend. For Lippi's men the task is simple. Much like Milan, they need to win four out of four games and hope their opponents slip up. But, their target is a little more serious: lo scudetto. What's going to be against the bianconeri? The entire city of Milan! Should Ancelotti be able to spring a surprise in his old hunting grounds, no one may be happier than Interisti around the world.

FORM GUIDE
Juventus last 6: LWWLDW
A loss at the Tardini followed by a tie at home against the biancocelesti had all but killed Juventus' hopes of fighting for the title, until they were bailed out by Atalanta who stunned Inter at the San Siro last week to put Juve back in Contention. The bianconeri put in one of their best performances of the season last week when the thrashed Perugia 0-4 away from home and will look to continue where they left of against Milan.

AC Milan last 6: WWWLDW
With the exception of the glaring hammering received from Dortmund, Milan have been in supreme form, playing extremely well led by none other than ex-Juve man Pippo Inzaghi who has now netted four times in four games for the rossoneri. If anyone doubted Milan after the 4-0 loss to Dortmund, they must have changed their mind after seeing the return leg where Ancelotti's men proved that had they had better luck in the first leg, they could have well progressed to the final.

TEAM NEWS & PROBABLE LINEUPS
A huge blow for Lippi as Juve's best player and one of the world's most wonderful players, Pavel Nedved is suspended for the tie. Paolo Montero finally makes his return from injury but Tudor, Maresca and Salas are still out. Lippi will choose between Davids and Tacchinardi before the game.

Juventus (4-4-2): Buffon; Thuram, Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano: Zambrotta, Conte, Davids, Pessotto; Del Piero, Trezeguet
Injured: Salas, Tudor & Maresca
Suspended: Nedved

Ancelotti still misses Rui Costa and Maldini, though there is a slim chance that the latter will be available for the game. Billy Costacurta is ruled out for the rest of the season, but defenders Roque Jr. and Helveg have recovered from their respective injures and are in the running for a starting role.

AC Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Contra, Laursen., Chamot, Kaladze; Gattuso, Albertini, Serginho; Pirlo; Inzaghi, Shevchenko
Injured: Maldini, Costacurta, Rui Costa & Redondo
Suspended: -

TACTICAL ANALYSIS
Lippi's dilemma in midfield will be centered around Nedved's replacement and it appears that Gianluca Pessotto (who has played in that position several times) may deputize for the Czech international. However, with Montero not a 100% and Tudor still recovering from injury, it may make more sense for him to play Pessotto at left back and move Iuliano to the center. Cristiano Zenoni meanwhile will be hoping that his boss has been listening to Lilian Thuram's rants about playing in the center in the hope of earning a rare start. Del Piero and Trezeguet (Serie A's top attacking couple with 33 goals) are set to start up front and will torment and ailing Milan defence deprived of its classy veterans.

Lippi's game plan will probably center around an imposing midfield where the likes of Davids, Conte and Zambrotta will try and impose themselves on the unbalanced Milan midfield. Del Piero will drop back often to create chances for his team-mate Trezeguet and one should not forget Lilian Thuram's probing runs from right-back. The danger men for me are clearly Zambrotta, who always excels against Milan and David Trezeguet.

Ancelotti would be silly to repeat his mistake of leaving Italy's most wonderfully talented youngster on the bench. Andrea Pirlo is the heart and soul of this Milan side's creativity. Inzaghi may have scored some nice goals in the past weeks, but rest assured that all of them have passed through the feet of Andrea Pirlo. With him, Serginho, Contra, Shevchenko and Inzaghi on the field, Milan can stop worrying about scoring goals, even against the imposing Juve defence. Another mistake that Ancelotti is extremely unlikely to repeat is leave Cosmin Contra on the bench. The Romanian may struggle to defend at times, but his crosses alone are worth a start.

Ancelotti's game plan will probably center around Andrea Pirlo who will mastermind the Milan attacks. The job of Gennario Gattuso and Demetrio Albertini will be to get Edgar Davids of Pirlo's back while still keeping tabs on the Juve midfield. I think it is very important for Milan to attack freely as they did in midweek and make use of Contra and Kaladze on the wings. Up front, Andriy Shevchenko and Filippo Inzaghi should be more than a handful for Thuram & Co.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
In a do-or-die game, I think Juve will concede the title after being punished by their former son, the in-form Filippo Inzaghi whilst Milan will grab a vital point away from home.

Juventus 2-2 AC Milan

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suprised that this huge game has gona unoticed by most milanistas here, :confused:

hell even more inter lads are here :wth:

cant u guys win the title on your own mertis not ours :tongue: ;)

Lav

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Payman: I'm alright with fun on this, and De Santis I really can't argue against.
What I can say is that Collina has not exactly been "Juve friendly" for years on end. If I need to give examples to that- that will mean you're simply uninformed ;). Or worse- like so many others, cling on to dogma like a flie to a turd :D.
Collina's problem isn't suporting one side. Collina's problem is a need to take centrestage.

...and please do not concuct some controvercy here. If anything- Milan is hardly the team we should hear stuff from this season.

For what it's worth. Boriello will referee tomorrows game, and I don't know his record with either team. Couldn't find it at Datasport.

Ciao.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Collina is a good referee, you can't doubt that, hopefully we're going to win, we really need this win more than you do, I really don't want to play that crappy UEFA Cup next year. Generally, I think it will be an interesting game, and one thing is for sure: a lot depends on Andrea Pirlo. I've always thaught he was one of the best, hopefully he will his true quality against Juventus, a fine free-kick would be just fine :) The thing is, that I hate to see Chamot in the starting lineup, he doesn't deserve that place, he might be a decent defender, but let's face it: he is too crap for Milan. We need someone, who is a true world-class defender, hopefully we're getting someone next summer :)
Good luck, guys :)

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
This one is a classic, this one is ALWAYS a must win ...
I don't care who will profit from a win, I don't care how bad we are, whteher it is good or bad to go the CL with such a team, who is injured, what is Carlo's record or his nearest past, what an Interista thinks, what are the polls, the odds, who wil be the president and who will cook at Milanelo next year; I don't care who will play in defense who will be the n10 and who will pair whom ... I don't care about all that ...

The only think I care is beating Juve.
Every time, every year, on every stadium, with every single referee, in any type of weather,at any level, with every 11 we may have !!!

FORZA MILAN

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Milan were unlucky to miss out on the win last serie A meeting with Juventus.

Juve though will be rearing to go and I'm sure the black and white players will be very very motivated this time around.

This match will be highly charged and anything can happen.

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
I have to say that "Unlucky" could be a very, very ambiguous word in Seria A then ... :devil: ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
To me this game is the Derby of Italy. As important as our games against Inter, and as unpredictable.

This game has it all: drama, history, professional rivalry.

After the game against Dortmund, Milan showed some good things. Unfortunately, the story of our season has been inconsistency whether caused by injuries, bad luck, or sheer uncompetitiveness. Both Milan and Juve have plenty to play for so there will be no letting up in this game.

Milan arguably have the most the gain from this game as not only can it "ruin" the title hopes of Juve but they can pick up 3 vital points against a team they're not supposed to beat. Milan have to win games like this and the one against Roma to have any chance at 4th position. We must go into each game knowing that we rely on Bologna slipping up to have any shot.

A draw is not enough for Milan, although it would probably be a fair result. Winning against Juve would be a huge confidence boost which we could help us coast through the remainder of the season. Losing to Juve would be one more psychological blow from which I don't think we could recover from in time to play Roma.

This is a set-up game. The way we play and the result that we earn from Sunday's match will be the best judge of how we finish the season. A win and we should claim 4th spot; a loss and the season for Milan is over; a draw and it will be hard to call until the last game.

PREDICTION
Milan 2 - Juve 2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts