Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, as this game will be played on Friday, due to our upcomming match vs Barca :scared: a number of you will certainly recall, the last and possibly only time the derby was played on a Friday, we know what happened ;)
As only 2 points separate the teams, certainly our quest in order to grab 2nd spot in the league would suffer a big blow, since the Champions League semifinals will certainly affect Milan both emotionally as physically. As most of you might know, Inter are no longer part of the competition, due to their somewhat unexpected loss against no less than Villarreal :cool:
Certainly this derby couldn't have taken place in a worst period for Milan :stress: since it's obvious that our main goal beyond any doubt is the Semifinal, even though, prestige and ending 2nd, is something that can't be overlooked.
At present, I have no idea what kind of lineup Carletto will start for this game, personally, if I was him I would rest as many players as possible, hoping that San Siro's atmosphere will work it's magic upon our second liners :hopefull:
Above all: AVOIDING INJURIES SHOULD BE OUR MAIN GOAL :stuckup:

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
should be a great game either way
milan's second team is almost as good as inter's 1st
The arrogance, the arrogance :pp

I have a bad feeling for the derby considering the unfortunate situation that our cugini were sunk by the yellow submarines while we managed to reach the semis of the CL.

Our concentration will be fully on Barcelona, a shame, it could mean that we will witness two derby losses in one season.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
This match could be dangerous.
1. If Milan play with full squad then someone could get injured and miss the Barca game
2. If Milan play with 2nd team then we can lose the derby and that would be a big shame

But if you ask me, I would risk losing the derby for a win against Barca

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Diavolo I already made a thread on the game by accident, so I'm sure it'll be great if you could merge that thread into this one.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Al Capone said:
Diavolo I already made a thread on the game by accident, so I'm sure it'll be great if you could merge that thread into this one.
I'll just close the other one :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Psycho said:
I have a bad feeling for the derby considering the unfortunate situation that our cugini were sunk by the yellow submarines while we managed to reach the semis of the CL.

Our concentration will be fully on Barcelona, a shame, it could mean that we will witness two derby losses in one season.
Unfortunately I share your very same feelings :depress:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
more than arrogance, Inter has a great great great team

but our second team is almost as good as our first
Galliani, is it you? ;) I think the Lecce match showed us otherwise.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On topic: Would you lot rest most starters? :undecide:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Hmm, maybe we can speculate on a match interruption by Curva Nord, considering they almost beat up their own players at Malpensa ;)

I dont know seriously... the Barca match is as big as it get. Since the scudetto is over anyway (I think if we had won in Lecce, it would have been a different scenario), I will trust Carletto and hope that he makes the right decision.

Even with resting all our players for the CL matches, our chances to win in Paris is still roughly around 20 percent. And if we loose the derby, Inter got the clear advantage to keep the 2nd spot ahead of us.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
We shouldnt rest too many starters...3-4 MAX....since Sheva rested today, he should play the Derby....Nesta,Gattuso,Kaka should take a rest...as is Pippo since he's gonna start the Barca game
Dida
Billy(Cafu)-Maldini-Kaladze-Serginho
Ambro(Vogel)-Pirlo-Seedorf
Rui Costa
Sheva-Gila

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Diavolo said:
a number of you will certainly recall, the last and possibly only time the derby was played on a Friday, we know what happened ;)
Forza Milan :heart:
:stress:

What happened? :stress:

Care to enlighten us Don Luciano? :hopefull:

Agreed that we should rest as many first teamers and give a run for our 2nd lines!:stuckup: Maybe we should ask Il Kaizer to lend us a few of his primaveras, should the need arise!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
San Siro said:
:stress:

What happened? :stress:

Care to enlighten us Don Luciano? :hopefull:

Agreed that we should rest as many first teamers and give a run for our 2nd lines!:stuckup: Maybe we should ask Il Kaizer to lend us a few of his primaveras, should the need arise!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)
Long story ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Diavolo said:
Long story ;)
Could you please summarize it in six short and sweet points?:hopefull: ;)

Cheers.;)

1 - 20 of 371 Posts