Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A win-lose game, no? We win, Sheva probably get sacked. We lose, he gets a stay of execution.

How important is this game, anyway? There's talk Pioli is fielding the best available 11. Maybe management feels we have a shot at winning the trophy. Personally I think it's risky. We have a succession of tough matches coming up after Spezia, so it would be a disaster losing key players to injuries in a Coppa game.

Tomori is back to training so may get to play to get some rhythm in him. Tonali is out of Spezia so expect him to play the whole 90 minutes.

Personally I'll play a lot of primavera kids.

·
Scudetto
24,058 Posts
We have nothing else to play for, I see no harm in playing a relatively strong line up here.

Reported:

Maignan

Kalulu-Tomori-Gabbia-Theo

Krunic-Tonali

Saelemakers-Maldini-Rebic

Giroud
My only gripe is Theo starting, and even so, we don't have any subs for him. Could have been a great time to play that Primavera LB though. Miloz Kerkic or something

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Let them feature Primavera players; injury is the last thing i want to hear.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
There will hardly be a better opportunity to give someone like Kerkez a start. He's supposed to be a promising kid, it's an early rounds Coppa Game against one of the worst teams in the league and we cannot afford to lose Theo.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
What a start! We're already 1-0 down and Tomori got injured and subbed.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a start! We're already 1-0 down and Tomori got injured and subbed.
I really don't understand the need to go "full house" for this game. You run the risk of having players injured, especially with our track record on injuries. I don't think it's worth it, though I can understand why Tomori is playing, maybe to get some minutes into his legs.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The funny thing is that we went "full house," and yet the players clearly don't give a **** about winning this game. Such a lazy performance. At least with 11 bench players they would be motivated to earn a spot.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Yeah Giroud's got to be one of the best headers of the ball of his generation.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Leao!!

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Alexis makes it 3-1 after a nice play on the left between Theo, Leao and Tonali.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Diaz is still not there yet but getting better, participated, took shots, etc. He needs to score one urgently for his confidence.

·
Registered
9,694 Posts
Class act by Curva Sud.
Sheva forever our legend.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
While we struggled against Genoa; Viola banging 6 past them; thankfully Sheva gone before this humiliation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts