Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A classic of Serie A :star: It will be a difficult one :devil:
Some players rested vs Celtic, so they should be fresh vs the Viola (purple) team :cool:
As usual a must win game :stress: Hope we don't get reds and yellows prior to our match vs I Gobbi.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 15 - 12/12/04 (15.00)
Milan - Fiorentina

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan are confident of closing the gap on leaders Juventus but face a potentially tricky test against Fiorentina in Week 15. The Rossoneri collected another win at the weekend but their 2-1 victory at Parma was far from easy – as they had to score twice in the last 10 minutes to cancel out the Tardini’s club’s lead.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti is likely to field his strongest side possible given that Jaap Stam, Pippo Inzaghi and Jon Dahl Tomasson are sidelined with injury until the New Year. Hernan Crespo and Andriy Shevchenko should start up front, aided by Kaka. The latter is set to be preferred ahead of Manuel Rui Costa – who comes up against his former club.

Fiorentina got back to winning ways in the derby against Bologna in Week 14. Although Enzo Maresca’s goal was rather fortunate, he was a major factor in the victory. Juventus will be hoping that their old boys in the form of Maresca, Chiellini and Miccoli can do them a favour by halting the Rossoneri. Ariatti and Jorgensen remain sidelined for the Viola.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Crespo, Shevchenko

Fiorentina (probable): Lupatelli; Ujfalusi, Viali, Dainelli, Savini; Fantini, Obodo, Maresca, Chiellini; Miccoli, Riganò

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
It will be a tough one, but this one is a no brainer. viola will become pink for a day

·
Registered
345 Posts
peive_17 said:
How good are they nowadays?

Forza Milan :devil:
They are good,but as long as we are around they`ll always be second best you see...ahah like the mask! :D
We`ll kick em out!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think the game will be boring. Milan will have their minds on Juve and Fiorentina will try to defend in order to get a 0-0 draw and a valuable point. They are good at that, even Juve struggled big time to win them. Miccoli is back at his good self and Maresca controls the midfield.
I predict a dull 1-0 win with Sheva grabbing the winner of course.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SteVen_7 said:
I predict a dull 1-0 win with Sheva grabbing the winner of course.
Perfect :cool: :thmbup: :cool:

·
Registered
59,810 Posts
Believe me when I say this, Fiorentina are all hype. They have some great players that's for sure but they're not as good as they were expected to be. Just a "good" side, no more no less.

If you play well you'll win, that's for sure.

Should be a good game though. :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most possibly Kaladze in. Pirlo with a yellow card would be suspended for a game, so possibly he will not be fielded. I believe that both Sheva and Crespo will play.

Forza Milan :star:

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
...Ujfalusi @ SanSIro :cool: Lets see if he can prove what he said in the begginin when he joined Serie A "im better than Nesta"

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Believe me when I say this, Fiorentina are all hype. They have some great players that's for sure but they're not as good as they were expected to be. Just a "good" side, no more no less.

If you play well you'll win, that's for sure.

Should be a good game though. :star:
Milan are of course clear favourites, being at home, the better side, with better players and all that jizz.

However- considering that Viola has had a lot of injuries, changed their manager, and is a newly promoted side... I don't know what you were expecting?

As far as I'm concerned it's definately one of the fixtures where even the biggest teams CAN lose points, as they have found some defensive solidity and have the key players to do some damage.

In Maresca and Obodo they have a central mid duo that can pressure your guys- and play some football at the same time. Miccoli can be decisive against any defence, and Chiellini has the pace, and engine, to keep up with Cafu for 90 minutes. Moreover- Rigano is dangerous in the air, something you've had some problems with this season.

I predict a Milan win of course, but I do have hopes to be surprised to the contrary :).

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Possible lineup:

------------------------------Dida

Billy--------------------Coloccini----------Maldini---------Esajas

-------Brocchi----------------Ambro-------------Dhorasoo

-------------------Rui Costa---------Serginho

-----------------------------Crespo

P.S. Ancelotti dosen't want to risk a number of key players for the Juve match

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
ill be cheering for Milan 100%....hopefully its a good game since its on here in new york.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AS_Roma83 said:
ill be cheering for Milan 100%....hopefully its a good game since its on here in new york.
Grazie 83 :shades:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
well you know, its better for us if Juve and Milan just win every game and take points from all the other teams who we will have to fight against for 4th or 3rd place...although it sucks the title race is already down to 2...but it happens.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AS_Roma83 said:
well you know, its better for us if Juve and Milan just win every game and take points from all the other teams who we will have to fight against for 4th or 3rd place...although it sucks the title race is already down to 2...but it happens.
IMO Inter 3rd and Roma 4th :stuckup:

·
Registered
869 Posts
rumour in italy say that this will be esajas debut into the milan line up from the fisrt minute

:cool: :proud:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts