Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What appears to be the most comfortable of Milan wins, even moreso given the fact that it's a home game, might indeed become the most isidious of games, given the fact that it comes just a few days ahead of our nervewrecking game against Bayern Munich :scared:
We face an indeed struggleing Empoli that will certainly fight for their life, given their indeed shaky situation if they still intend avoiding relegation.
What better opportunity do they have but facing a team that will have their mind on an indeed vital CL tie against one of the strongest opponents at date in World Football :stress:
Psycologically this tie is played under unequal terms, since our players will avoind tackle that would certainly prevent their ability to perform against Bayern.
I believe that Carletto will field a mix of bench aswell a regular starters for this match, so vital upon the achievement of a indeed difficult CL 2006/07 spot, not to mention that grabbing 2nd spot would be indeed blissfull :hopefull:

Possible lineups:

Milan
16 Kalac
17 Simic
13 Nesta
5 Costacurta
27 Serginho
8 Gattuso
21 Pirlo
18 Jankulovski
22 Kakà
7 Shevchenko
11 Gilardino
A disposizione
12 Fiori
46 Marzoratti
14 Vogel
20 Seedorf
10 Rui Costa
9 Inzaghi
37 Amoroso

Allenatore
Ancelotti
Empoli
1 Cejas
3 Lucchini
50 Pratali
15 Vanigli
9 Tosto
24 Buscé
5 Moro
27 Ficini
4 Almiron
10 Tavano
99 Riganò
A disposizione
23 Balli
46 Raggi
36 Ascoli
33 Zanetti
80 Vannucchi
21 Lodi
7 Pozzi

Allenatore
Cagni

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
numerodix said:
Martin's verdict for this nail biter is a hard fought 1-1 :thmbdown:

What’s up Martino? Good to see you back here from time to time. How is juventuz doing - I heard some not so good things lately, hope they are all wrong.

As for Empoli and (unlike Martin) seriously - it might well be one of our last chances to get a decent chance at challenging Juve lead. Juve and Inter are away to Samp and Roma, so we might get some points back from them if we play our part and if we get lucky with the other scores (or shall I say, if Juve do not get 88/89 minute penalty lucky again in theirs :D )

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
bono said:
What’s up Martino? Good to see you back here from time to time. How is juventuz doing - I heard some not so good things lately, hope they are all wrong.
juventuz sucks, it has sucked for a good while. It's basically an anarchy and you know that can never work out. They had problems staying online recently, some moron trying to bring the site down. It's back up now.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. You're not coming to NL anytime soon are you?

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
a tough psycological test.

But our current form suggests that we need to again keep our form up and i reckon we will be mean,we have to be,it's when we are at our best not somuch for the Empoli game but for Wed night,IMO this will show how our 2nd 11 are at in a game sense,and i reckon they'll be up for it.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
yohy said:
BTW,Stam only got a week,he'll play against i gobbi.
Good, did he get the red on purpose as he would have been suspended anyway?

How I wish we could field Gattuso and Poulsen against i gobbi and end their season early ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Injuries? Plz no God, pleeeeeeeeeeeease

I hope we don't get any more injuries in the internationals tomorrow!! I hope we don't get anymore in Empoli's game as well, especially with this defender that massacred Totti's leg!!

Man injuries are killing us this season, especially Maldini's & Cafu's, we deserve no more!!!

Any update on Dida's injury?! He'll 100% miss the bayern game??

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Possible lineups of this indeed important fixture. We still have a CL spot to gain :hopefull:

Milan (4-3-1-2): 16 Kalac; 17 Simic, 13 Nesta, 4 Kaladze, 27 Serginho; 8 Gattuso, 14 Vogel, 20 Seedorf; 22 Kaka`, 9 Inzaghi, 7 Shevchenko. (1 Dida, 5 Costacurta, 40 Marzoratti, 18 Jankulovski, 21 Pirlo, 10 Rui costa, 11 Gilardino). All.: Ancelotti.

Empoli (4-4-2): 1 Cejas, 46 Raggi, 50 Pratali, 15 Vanigli, 9 Tosto, 24 Busce`, 5 Moro, 27 Ficini, 4 Almiron, 99 Rigano`, 10 Tavano. (23 Balli, 3 Lucchini, 36 Ascoli, 33 Zanetti, 21 Lodi, 80 Vannucchi, 7 Pozzi). All.: Cagni.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Well we should win this one, but I fear that the guys will play that arrogant, we-are-SOO-much-better-than-you-lot game they can play sometimes against the minnows(sp?).

I hope that we will see Pozzi get some playtime and see if he is something for the future or not.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ancelotti ready for crunch week Saturday 4 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti points out that Milan are doing no worse than last season, but admits this is a crucial week for their Scudetto and Champions League hopes.

“Up until now, we are on a par with last term,” said the Coach amid criticism of his team’s performance.

“We are at the same stage that we were in the Champions League this time a year ago and have the same number of points in the Serie A table. We’ve had a few problems which have led to highs and lows, but the overall effect hasn’t changed.”

This will be an important few days for his future, however, as a victory against Empoli would consolidate second place and above all on Wednesday their Champions League fate will be decided against Bayern Munich.

“We hope to have Dida and Massimo Ambrosini fit again for the Bayern game. Marcos Cafu will return next week after surgery and can already work with the rest of the squad, but for Paolo Maldini we have to wait until the inflammation in his tendons dissipates.”

The suspended Jaap Stam is also out for the Empoli tie this afternoon, so Dario Simic will be given a start in defence.

“In attack we’ll field the strikers who have not been on international duty this week, while Kaka will rest if he feels tired. Don’t forget we missed out on many of our key players for long periods of the season, so the side can improve and find its consistency in these final months.”

Marcio Amoroso has barely set foot on the field since his January arrival as a replacement for Christian Vieri and should again be on the bench in favour of Pippo Inzaghi and Andriy Shevchenko.

“There isn’t any embarrassment about this situation, it’s just a shame that he can’t find space,” assured Ancelotti. “His opportunities will come and the whole team is in a good place right now.”

Milan squad: Dida, Fiori, Kalac; Costacurta, Kaladze, Marzoratti, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic; Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel; Amoroso, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Shevchenko

channel4

==========================

Empoli starlets eye Milan shock Friday 3 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empoli starlets Nicola Pozzi – who is owned by Milan – and Antonio Buscè believe they can come away from the San Siro with a result tomorrow.

“We are aware that this will be an incredibly difficult game where we must maintain our concentration for 90 minutes, but we have quality and aim to return home with some points under our belts,” insisted Buscè.

The Rossoneri have won all but one of their games on home turf this season and Empoli have dropped into the bottom three, but they still hope to cause an upset.

“We have to put our performance against Treviso behind us and realise that we are in our element when we are given space to play in, and Milan will give us that. The fact we fought back to earn a draw last week shows we believe in our chances of avoiding the drop.”

Empoli have lost five of their trips here and won once, with a shock 1-0 victory in April 2003.

Young hitman Pozzi is on Milan’s books, but will be on the other side of the divide when he visits his ‘home’ stadium on Saturday.

“I hope to play and will give 100 per cent, as always,” said the striker. “On paper we have no chance, but we’ll try to play our game and take away a few points that could be decisive in the race to stay in Serie A. The only way to achieve that aim is to stay united.”

Francesco Tavano will also be hoping for a goal to celebrate his 27th birthday on Thursday.

channel4

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Latest: Dida could be fielded :eekani: possibly Rui Costa will start instead of Kaka and maybe Billy will play :cool:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Diavolo said:
Latest: Dida could be fielded :eekani: possibly Rui Costa will start instead of Kaka and maybe Billy will play :cool:

Great news. :cool:

I am all for resting the key players for the CL game. For me Sheva-Kaka-Pirlo should be rested. While I would start Rui Costa, Vogel, Amoroso and JANKULOVSKI. :devil:

FORZA MILAN

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I would play Rui, Sheva, Inzaghi in the first half and rest Sheva in the second half, playing Amoroso. I am not sure if Amoroso can handle 90 minutes of Serie A football yet.

Jankulovski and Billy should play.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
barracuda said:
I would play Rui, Sheva, Inzaghi in the first half and rest Sheva in the second half, playing Amoroso. I am not sure if Amoroso can handle 90 minutes of Serie A football yet.

Jankulovski and Billy should play.
I believe that something along the line could well happen :)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts