Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As next week, just 3 days prior to Milan vs Barca, we'll be facing our dereast cousins, that must certainly will put all they have into the derby for reasons that we all understand :tongue: this weekend fixture is essential in order to not give up hope upon grabbing 2nd spot this season, since I believe Carletto will rest a number of players in the above mentioned derby, that most possibly, will result in possible defeat :doh:
This Milan vs Chievo is a must win :hopefull: as Inter will devote all it's heart&soul upon edging us to 2nd spot :stress:

Understandebly our players will be drained both physically and emotionally after the incredible game vs Lyon :proud: with Chievo very much focused upon reaching a UEFA Cup spot :cool:
Intheir last 3 games, they've achieved 2 wins and one draw, and have lost only once in their last 9 games. They are currently on their best spell of the season, we're warned :stress:

Possible lineups:
1 Dida
3 Maldini
13 Nesta
4 Kaladze
27 Serginho
8 Gattuso
21 Pirlo
20 Seedorf
22 Kakà
11 Gilardino
7 Shevchenko
A disposizione
16 Kalac
5 Costacurta
2 Cafu
14 Vogel
23 Ambrosini
10 Rui Costa
9 Inzaghi

Allenatore
Ancelotti
Chievo
12 Fontana
27 Moro
29 Mandelli
3 D'Anna
23 Lanna
7 Semioli
33 Brighi
19 Franceschini
17 Gemiti
11 Amauri
15 Obinna
A disposizione
18 Squizzi
20 Mantovani
4 Malagò
26 Scurto
10 Zanchetta
31 Pellissier
9 Tiribocchi

Allenatore
Pillon

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Scary game, just like the Lecce game (which had we won it, we would have been in the Scudetto race, only trailing Juve by 6).

Let's hope for a better performance from the likely reserves :hopefull:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barracuda said:
Scary game, just like the Lecce game (which had we won it, we would have been in the Scudetto race, only trailing Juve by 6).

Let's hope for a better performance from the likely reserves :hopefull:
Unlike the derby, I would field the best possible team. As said, a must win game. I would sign immediately for a scrappy 1-0 :hopefull:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
A must win game!!! We need to stay second as this is our only realistic chance of some success this year! And the derby - you never know. It is of the most important games this season!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I am agreed with Pres with this one, we MUST field the strongest 11 in this match to clinch the three points.

The derby, despite its HUGE meaning to all Rossoneri and perdenti, is the one for debate whether to rest SOME starters or not...:stress:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
MILAN-CHIEVO: 18 CONVOCATI
08/04/2006
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti ha diramato la lista dei giocatori convocati per la gara contro il Chievo, in programma domani alle 15.00 a San siro. Assenti Sheva, Ambrosini e il capitano, che oggi hanno lavorato in palerstra, oltre a Stam, ancora alle prese con il problema al polpaccio. Questa la lista completa:

PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac.

DIFENSORI: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic.

CENTROCAMPISTI: Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel.

ATTACCANTI: Amoroso, Gilardino, Inzaghi.

Can anyone help me with the Italian please?

Looks like a few starters are rested and is not called up. I hope Ambro is not injured again...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Inter won over Ascoli, so i'd go strongly for this one!! Since we'll have the toughest time to come after this match:
I want to get Cafu back, & Maldini either starting at the left or comming on after 45 min as a center back..

Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Gilardino-Inzaghi

People i'd love to see back in the game are both: Pirlo & Gialgol!!!

FORZA MILAN..

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inter 71
Milan 70

Given that next Friday we face Inter followed by Barca only to travel to Messina followed again by Barca followed by Livorno, in order to continue our quest for 2nd spot, this game is indeed vital, since Inter are already a point clear of us and will seriously challenge us for that spot.

Forza Milan :heart:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ancelotti focused on Chievo Sunday 9 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti has urged Milan to put Barcelona out of their minds and focus on beating Chievo to keep hold of second place.

“We have to try and seal that second automatic qualifying spot for the Champions League, as with the World Cup our players will already be tired over the summer,” explained the tactician.

They are on Cloud Nine after the midweek victory over Olympique Lyonnais, but there is the risk the team could be distracted by the upcoming semi-final against old rivals Barcelona.

“We know Barca very well, so there isn’t a great deal to research and prepare for that match. For now, the less we think about the Champions League the better. There are games with Chievo and Inter before then and we need to ensure second place in Serie A.”

The race is between the Rossoneri and arch-enemies Inter, who crumbled against Villarreal to crash out of Europe.

Milan have also struggled to combine the two competitions and lost all hope of the Scudetto with a 1-0 defeat at Lecce last week.

“We lost, but certainly not due to a lack of professionalism or concentration,” assured Ancelotti. “We were coming off the Champions League draw in Lyon that day, but now we have been able to recover our energy a little more. I think we’ll see the usual Milan standards against Chievo.”

Nonetheless, Andriy Shevchenko is out of the side so that he can fully recover from his tendonitis, while Jaap Stam, Paolo Maldini and Massimo Ambrosini are also sidelined. Marcos Cafu is slowly returning to full fitness after a long-term injury.

“Chievo are a very organised and pacey side, while they are particularly focused in defence. In attack, they can count on the hard work of their wide midfielders to support the strikers.”

Ancelotti took this opportunity to clear up a rather public row with bench-warmer Dario Simic, who announced he’d leave at the end of the season after being ‘ignored’ by the Coach.

“Simic expressed his unhappiness with the fact he hasn’t played all that much this year. We discussed the matter and I assured there is no indifference towards him. When I make a choice, I do it while keeping an eye on all the players. I told Simic he is in my plans and I am not ignoring him.”

Milan squad: Dida, Kalac; Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic; Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel; Amoroso, Gilardino, Inzaghi

channel4

==============================

Shevchenko skips Chievo test Saturday 8 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andriy Shevchenko will not take part in Sunday’s encounter with Chievo, as the Milan medical staff advised a week of rest.

The Ukrainian hitman has been on blistering form this season and his goal against Lyon made him the most prolific Champions League scorer of all time, taking his tally to 52 goals including qualifiers.

“The medical staff advised Shevchenko to take a period of rest and an individual training schedule,” explained Coach Carlo Ancelotti in today’s Press conference.

Sheva has been struggling with a tendon problem throughout the campaign and it’s hoped this break will put him in top condition for the double whammy of the Milan derby on Good Friday and the Champions League semi-finals with Barcelona.

Curiously, the last time the Derby della Madonnina was played on a Friday was May 11, 2001 - when Milan ran out 6-0 winners.

“Pippo Inzaghi and Alberto Gilardino make a good pairing, as they cover the penalty area and are good in the air. Perhaps they lack the movement that Shevchenko provides, but they have always done well together.”

The injured Jaap Stam is also out of action, while Ancelotti has cast doubt on the full recovery of some of his other defenders.

“I don’t know if Paolo Maldini and Marcos Cafu will both be able to start against Chievo. Cafu isn’t 100 per cent fit yet.”

channel4

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
MILAN-CHIEVO, LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
09/04/2006

MILANO - Così in campo a San Siro per la 33esima giornata di Serie A:

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Gilardino, Inzaghi. All: Ancelotti.

A disposizione: Kalac, Costacurta, Simic, Vogel, Jankulovski, Rui Costa, Amoroso.

CHIEVO: Fontana; Malagò, Moro, Mandelli, Lanna; Semioli, Brighi, Franceschini, Gemiti; Amauri, Pellissier. All: Pillon.

A disposizione: Squizzi, Mantovani, Scurto, Landolina, Zanchetta, Obinna, Tiribocchi.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
MILAN-CHIEVO: SI COMINCIA ALLE 15.10
09/04/2006
MILANO - Il fischio d'inizio della partita tra Milan e Chievo a San Siro è stato posticipato di 10 minuti. Lo ha comunicato il presidente della Lega Calcio, Adriano Galliani, che a breve renderà note le motivazioni.

GALLIANI: 'Gesto di solidarietà ai colleghi interisti aggrediti'
09/04/2006
MILANO - Adriano Galliani ha spiegato il perchè Milan-Chievo inizierà con 10 minuti di ritardo: "E' una scelta che abbiamo preso su richiesta dei nostri giocatori, Alessandro Costacurta in primis, che vogliono così stigmatizzare gli episodi di aggressione accaduti ai colleghi dell'Inter all'arrivo a Malpensa dalla trasferta di Ascoli ed esprimere tutta la loro solidarietà".

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
ilgenio said:
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

No shit?

28' Pareggio del Milan! Gran gol di Nesta che raccoglie il tocco di Kakà in area e trafigge Fontana con un destro preciso: 1-1.

Gilardino hit the crossbar.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts