Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Although Brescia haven't done too well this season, we have to treat them with the utmost respect.

It is important for us to be as professional as possible, and to make sure we keep our concentration at all times.

We must play our natural game. If we manage to do these things, I think we will be able to achieve a positive result.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
It would have been unfair on a lot of people if the games were played today. A lot of players and fans may not have been able to concentrate properly, and they may not have wanted to play or watch Football. The Pope has passed away, so may he Rest In Peace!

· Registered
1,188 Posts
We started the game quite well. It was clear that we were looking to win the game. Rui Costa's goal was fantastic!

Brescia had a lot of chances, but they didn't look very confident in front of goal. However, we should have worked harder to stop them getting these chances.

In the second half, there was very little action. We were playing as if we had already won the game, which was absolutely ridiculous!

Brescia continued to work hard and had quite a few opportunities to equalise. In the end, we were the architects of our own downfall.

We made some bad decisions and we paid for it. Brescia worked hard and probably deserved to get something out of it.

Let's hope that Fiorentina can get a good result against Juventus. There is absolutely no need for us to panic.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Ruffian said:
I absolutely agree that the result is our fault. Ancelotti is not to blame. He did make defensive substitutions, but they were needed, believe me. Brescia were cutting through easily. Ambrosini was brought in to counter Caracciolo, and Pancaro to move Serginho up to midfield. It's the players' attitude that was at fault, not Ancelotti or his defensive mindset. And he did send in Crespo for Gattuso after Wome's equalizer.

I wasn't even surprised when that goal came. It had been on the books during the whole second half. I hope the guys can remember, from now until the end of the season, that if you don't play for 90 minutes, you won't win.

Brescia fully deserved the draw IMO. We're lucky it wasn't worse than that. Inter must be hoping they'll face this Milan next Tuesday. :(

The only things left to say are that Rui's goal was a beauty, more like a free kick curving into the goal than an ordinary shot, and Forza Fiorentina!
It is the players' responsibility to perform on the pitch. I'm not blaming Carlo. In fact, we shouldn't be so negative. We should remain positive and hope that Fiorentina get a good result against Juventus.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
gba said:
Juve played perfect football in the CL, and it's obvious that with Nedved the same mind blowing football would have shown in the final as well. It's only anti football that destroyed that. Winning titles is one thing, the reason why the other thing. Ancelotti has shown throughout the years that if he's missing players then he suks... it's only the players who do the job. Even this year he admitted himself he can do nothing without Pirlo. It shows what an idiot he is. And what a football enemy too, with his ugly substitutions... was there ANY game he was leading and didn't drop a forward for Ambrosini ? :yuck: :doh:
Well, we seem to be doing quite well with him in charge, so I don't have a problem with him. He makes mistakes, but we can say that about every coach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.