Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
15,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This feels like a do or die game in respect to CL qualification hopes.

Prior to the consecutive losses, we were managing to beat mid-lower table sides consistently. If Rino and the players cannot find a way to get back to that form then it's game over for CL qualification. The problem is that such games are far from easy. Udinese are fighting to stay out of the relegation zone and just had a very important win against Genoa.

Gazzetta predicts our "typical" line-up:

Donnarumma
Calabria --- Musacchio --- Romagnoli --- Rodriguez
Kessie --- Bakayoko --- Paqueta
Suso --- Piatek --- Calhanoglu​

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I didn't know this was so soon. Crucial game for sure. I wouldn't have imagined that Lazio would look more dangerous than Roma for our CL hopes, especially so soon. We really need to win this and then the Lazio game a few weeks later could be absolutely massive.

I am not sure about the lineup. We all have our preferences about who should be benched and know who are in bad form, but the subs are hardly a guarantee, so I don't mind.

What needs to change is that they all have to improve a lot. We have been incredibly poor for many games in a row now, and that's been with and without Biglia, with and without Samu, with Hakan in the middle and in the wing, with and without Conti, etc.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Lazio is hitting peak form and we are dropping form at the same time. The trends do not look good for us. This absolutely needs to be a win. A solid win, to reverse the negative trend and give confidence for the final stretch.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Oh wow ... just opened gazzetta and ... BOOm!!!

4312 ?!!!! Wow

Both Piatek and Cutrone starting ... Paquetta behind them ... Hakan in a three man midfield behind; Suso benched ... wow

·
Registered
15,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bold move, but Rino may as well roll the dice.

However for this to work they will have had to lay the tactical groundwork for it. Rodriguez is key; he needs to get forward much more than he normally does in a 4-3-3. Firstly because 4-3-1-2 is a narrower formation, but also because with two strikers he needs to get more crosses in the box. It's one of the strongest areas of his game and he doesn't do it enough. Hakan is crucial too as he needs to play a smart tactical game in covering spaces for RR, linking with Paqueta (something Seedorf did so well for us).

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Looks potentially good, and at any rate I don't see how it could be worse than the way we've been playing. It would also leave Samu and Suso as options from the bench, which (if we're extremely optimistic haha) is pretty decent.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
I don’t believe till I see the official line up.
Back to our DNA formation.
The league hottest goal scorer need to be supply with ample support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
Bold move, but Rino may as well roll the dice.

However for this to work they will have had to lay the tactical groundwork for it. Rodriguez is key; he needs to get forward much more than he normally does in a 4-3-3. Firstly because 4-3-1-2 is a narrower formation, but also because with two strikers he needs to get more crosses in the box. It's one of the strongest areas of his game and he doesn't do it enough. Hakan is crucial too as he needs to play a smart tactical game in covering spaces for RR, linking with Paqueta (something Seedorf did so well for us).

Well, our full backs have to bomb the flank often with this formation without a doubt. That’s where RR seems to have limitation as we have seen him play. A tad too slow of a player but does provide good crosses in to the box.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts

4312 ?!!!! Wow

Both Piatek and Cutrone starting ... Paquetta behind them ... Hakan in a three man midfield behind; Suso benched ... wow

I told you, he has been reading my posts :stickup:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
IMO 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 is more realistic, it's just a small change from 4-3-3 compare to 4-3-1-2.

Will 4-3-1-2 survive in the age of "Possession Football" at high level (CL etc.)? i doubt it.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
IMO 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 is more realistic, it's just a small change from 4-3-3 compare to 4-3-1-2.

Will 4-3-1-2 survive in the age of "Possession Football" at high level (CL etc.)? i doubt it.

This team can’t even make a simple pass if you watch the last match.
We don’t need to debate on possession football yet.

LOL...we can’t even take advantage of counter attack football.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts

Have faith it’s in the DNA...

·
Registered
8,870 Posts

4312 ?!!!! Wow

IMG_0903.gif

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Official, 4-3-1-2 is real !

Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bakayoko, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts