Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69,801 Posts
what a dumb move, the chance of him even playing for any club in Serie A is 1% yet alone Milan. I don't trust most Serie A clubs in youth development.

How low has Slovenia gone where 15 year olds now leave. At least Slovenia might have a talent here, but I doubt it. Who was the last Slovenian player to make a big transfer abroad? Cesar? Koren? (although the Championships isn't a big transfer, maybe to Slovenia though)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Well, if I remember correctly, Croatia also had a fair share of 15 year olds signing for big club football schools, no? Does it mean Croatia has gone low as well? ;)

Other than that, I agree with what you said HS, it's a stupid move.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Moves like this later turn out to be stupid most of times yes. But than, one can never know what the future brings. So all you can say in a case like this is, good luck to the young man.

We've had players before joining top teams. Even in Milan there was Sandro Bloudek who was though of the next big thing here in Slovenija. Where is he now?

We have a couple in Inter at the moment too, by the latest news they are doing pretty well for their primavera, but who knows what will it be latter on.

Than there was Semler in Bayern. We all know how that turned out.

All in all, chances are small, but who are we to doubt him, therefore it's like I said, all we can do is whish him good luck.

P.S.
Sorry Diavolo, I can't really say anything about Uroš as I don't know him. He's just another one in the line of those extra specialy talented players.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Moves like this later turn out to be stupid most of times yes. But than, one can never know what the future brings. So all you can say in a case like this is, good luck to the young man.

We've had players before joining top teams. Even in Milan there was Sandro Bloudek who was though of the next big thing here in Slovenija. Where is he now?

We have a couple in Inter at the moment too, by the latest news they are doing pretty well for their primavera, but who knows what will it be latter on.

Than there was Semler in Bayern. We all know how that turned out.
That's exactly my point, all three cases you mentioned.

·
Registered
69,801 Posts
Well, if I remember correctly, Croatia also had a fair share of 15 year olds signing for big club football schools, no? Does it mean Croatia has gone low as well? ;)
I don't remember any 15 year old Croat players going abroad, Croatia is not in the EU so the players are restricted. The last teenager to leave was this kid named Tadic who went to Leverkusen, but within one season he was back in the HNL. A few months ago apparently an 18 year old from Osijek declined to join Liverppol (but you never know if this is true :D)

The problem I see with Slovenia and Hungary players now is, because you are both in the EU, they can easily sign for some random lower division clubs in England, France, Italy etc..which does little good at the international level. I cannot remember the last time Croatia called up a player not playing in the top division, unless you count R. Kovac when he was with Juve for their one season in B. When I looked at Slovenia's squad, it's horrific the clubs they play for

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
In our golden years when we qualified for both Euro and WC, we had players that were actually without club and continued to play successfully for the NT. The others, save Zahovic, all played for even worse clubs that our current players do.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Clubs do this to make sure no other club can have them.

Theyd rather have a failed player on their books than a succesful one on someone elses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts