Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??

http://www.acmilan-online.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1082552939,57686,

Milan snap up Davids - report
21.4 || scharatz || Football Italia

Barcelona ace Edgar Davids has reportedly agreed to return to former club Milan in the summer.

Rumours in Italy allege that the Dutchman flew into Milan yesterday for talks with the Rossoneri.

The Italian giants have admitted that they are keen on the player and it is alleged that an agreement has been reached.

The international will sign a three-year contract with the San Siro outfit worth around £2.3m a season.

Davids was also wanted by Inter but he has opted to join Milan – a club that has a track record of winning.

The player, who is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, will be a free agent in the summer.

The Spanish club have stated that they want to keep hold of him but he seems to have already made up his mind.

No official announcement has been made but it is believed that his arrival will be confirmed at the end of the season.

Davids had an unhappy stint with the Rossoneri after his 1996 move from Ajax. However, he was sold to Juventus in December 1997 and proved to be a key signing.

Davids excelled in Turin under boss Marcello Lippi and then Carlo Ancelotti – the man he should now be working with again next season.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr22a.html

Milan rule out Davids bid Thursday 22 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have dismissed speculation that Barcelona’s Edgar Davids will be wearing the Rossoneri shirt next term.

Some reports in Italy yesterday suggested that a three-year deal had already been agreed but the Italian outfit have denied the claim.

"There is no chance of us signing Davids," said Vice-president Adriano Galliani. "We already have a squad that we intend to keep as it is."

Davids, who is currently on loan at the Nou Camp, will be a free agent in the summer once his contract with Juventus expires.

Galliani has also commented on whispers that boss Carlo Ancelotti could be on his way out of the club.

Chelsea have been linked with the former midfielder as Claudio Ranieri is set to be axed at Stamford Bridge.

"We’ll keep him even if he loses the Championship," he insisted. "Ancelotti is not tempted by anyone.

"He is happy here and he will certainly remain with us for next season too."

___

There goes that .

·
Registered
967 Posts
barcelona are willing to offer a 2 year contract with an option for one more, davids wants a 4 year deal but barca think that is too much, he is about 30 or something likew that?? we have the first option on if we want to buy him so until we decide definately that we don't want him, i don't think that milan can get him but im not 100%.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tombaker66 said:
barcelona are willing to offer a 2 year contract with an option for one more, davids wants a 4 year deal but barca think that is too much, he is about 30 or something likew that?? we have the first option on if we want to buy him so until we decide definately that we don't want him, i don't think that milan can get him but im not 100%.
I think Baca have first option.

Im sure they will sign him, i hope they do :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
I think Baca have first option.

Im sure they will sign him, i hope they do :)
Agreed. Davids has turned this team around and if Laporta doesn't offer him the money that he wants then he's a moron.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts