1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i don't think roma is going to win. milan are too strong

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well, simnce Roma cannot win away from the Olimpico, i think the best result they can hope for is a point.

If the diving champion Totti is still out, then defeat is a major possibility ( :happy: )

·
Registered
359 Posts
I see. I don't think Batistuta will recover on time to play.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I WAS WONDERING SERIOUSLY IF ANY ROMA FAN IN THIS FORUM ...(EXEPT SOME....I WONT NAME THEM) CAN WRITE A PREVIEW OR AT LEAST A POST MORE THAN AT LEAST 5 OR 4 LINES....PLEAES DO SI!

and about the game!
AS Sonny said this is do or die game. They are tough and figting for something as we do too. We have the ability to win them and important thing is can we use this ability properly?....can we win this game?............hopefully we will but as there is a minus to a plust side is that we might loose as well. Firstly good news is that hopefully we will get out captain back and secondly personally i really hope that we will get bati back!........i mean he was doing great and canavarro just beast sh!t out of him....i wont forgive this that ***!
well anyway milan are strng and most succesfull team in italy in 90's but i dont think they are now after 4:0 defeat and 1:0 to juve.......well its football a lot of stuff happens but we defenitely need to beat them. We have crappy record away from our home which sux a$$ but as capello said we have GOOD RECORD AGAINST BEST TEAMS OF ITALY( JUVE 0: ROMA 2....personally i wont forget this match!) well 3 POINTS NEEDED!!!!!! please TOTTI U CAN DO IT AS WELL AS IL'AEROPLANINO!.......c'mon guys and good new is that SUPA MARCO scored during the last gaame from beautifull flick by BATI!.............anyway...i hope he wont make a mistake as he did before.......missed all alone goal with abbiatti!......
my personal line up is:
.................Antonioli
....Zago.....Samuel......Panucci
.Cafu...Emerson....Tomassi...Candela
............IL'Bombo De'oro
..........SUPA MARCO......Montella

WELL I DONT WANT TO PREDICT THIS MATCH CUZ ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN BUT I WISH ALLY ME BEST WISHED TO ROMA TO GET THOSE IMPORTANT 3 POINTS.............GOOD LUCK ROMA....U REALLY NEED IT THIS GAME!!!!!...........FORZA I GIALOROSSI!

FORZA ROMA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I believe that Roma can and will win this match. We are definetly the better team at this point and while this does not always mean anything, especially away from olympico, I feel that Cap will have the team focussed on the task at hand, which is to win and keep the dream alive of a repeat:D . We only have to play each game, one at a time and then hope for a little help:confused: We can only help or hurt ourselves depending on how we play. Have faith in the Team concept and watch to see which giallorossa player steps up to be the hero this week. Forza Roma!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
yes,this is a death match for roma.If we win and look what can happen:
ROMA win chievo home(very possible)
Lazio win verona home(very possible) and bologna (possible,because lazio is in better form and have better team).if this happen lazio will be at 4th place and one round to go.
then the last game is lazio-inter and:
if lazio win go to CHL,and roma close to win the scudetto.
if lazio lose or draw isn't going to CHL,and inter win the scudetto(lazio lose) or we will have a game roma-inter for scudetto(draw) .
THIS IS SOMETHING I WANT TO SEE!!!!!!

FORZA ROMA!
BEAT MILAN!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i believe roma will win this game.....i think the key man for this game is going to be cafu..right now it seems as though he is unstoppable and i hope he carries this form till the end of this season and on to the world cup. If Bati plays.......watch out milan.....because he is going to miss argentina-germany friendly so he has to hit top form again in the league to impress Bielsa to put him on the argentina squad for world cup.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
This is do or die for us, i know we have´t beaten Milan in San Siro in many years, but c'mon, we danced around Juve in their own stadium, why can't we do the same against Milan?, i mean if we humilliated juve in Delle alpi earlier this season, we should be able to do the same with Milan, plus they should let US have the three points, or do they want their town rivals to win serie a?

tough match, if Inter are lucky again(this is getting tiresome) against Chievo and win, and if we don't win this match, then the fight is over, we need to win, because Chievo won't lose at home to Inter, matter of fact is, that they beat them in San Siro, so, we MUST win....

Forza Roma..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Paolo_Montero said:

well, we did suck back then
So did Roma in the first games of the season, as a matter of fact, of the 3 title contenders, Roma had the WORST start not winning in the first 3 games and it is because of this bad start that we don't have more points now. Juventus won their first 3 games while Roma didn't do this but we still beat you early in the season(week 5) when you had twice the points we had back then.

As for Milan-Roma, our players have to show that they are hungry and fight 'til the end, they need to remain concentrated for the entire game, they need to this in order to achieve the right result.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Roma last years in san siro never starts well:confused: thats why never wins .the most of games the score go 2-0 for inter or milan,and then roma start to play well.see the last game with inter.until the goal from totti,there wasn't roma in the field.after that we put them on their half and we could had draw the game if samuel didn't make the stupid foul.
So,we MUST score the first goal.and the only game i remember roma score the first goal and lose was 3 years ago a game with lazio.:rolleyes:if we score the first goal i don't think this milan can turn over the game!

FORZA ROMA!
BEAT MILAN!
SCORE THE FIRST GOAL!

·
Registered
292 Posts
The defense has to do their job, when was the last time Antonioli kept a clean sheet? I don't remember. It was ages ago that Roma kept a clean sheet which makes you wonder how on Earth we had the best defense in Serie A just until a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not only will we post a clean sheet this weekend, but we will move into first place in the seriea and go onto win the scudetto! Have faith Romanisti we are a team of destiny and we will prevail. Forza Roma!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
scooter730 said:
Not only will we post a clean sheet this weekend, but we will move into first place in the seriea and go onto win the scudetto! Have faith Romanisti we are a team of destiny and we will prevail. Forza Roma!!!
It's been so long since our last clean sheet(vs Brescia), the key is like someone said, to score first, because if Milan scores first, we are screwd, we need to win this game, no matter what.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Defense starts in the midfield, if the DMs filter then the defense will have a better time attempting to stop the opposition from scoring. The tandem of Emerson, Tommasi and Lima do a better job at this than if only 2 of them are playing. This means that when Roma played 3-5-2 the defense was more successful at keeping clean sheets but when Montella and Batistuta came back from injury the team's formation changed to a 3-4-1-2, hence why we don't see that many clean sheets anymore like we did in the first part of the season when both strikers were out due to injury and Capello had no other option but to change to a very defensive 3-5-2 instead of the much more offensive 3-4-1-2 which tends to leave the defense less covered.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Totti given all-clear for Milan clash Wednesday 17 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma will be able to count on their captain for Sunday’s crucial showdown at the San Siro.

Francesco Totti has fully recovered from his thigh strain and latest tests showed he is ready for the trip to Milan.

The Number 10 has been out of action since suffering the injury in a 2-1 friendly win at Elland Road. He was also forced out of tonight’s international against Uruguay.

Teammate Marco Delvecchio forfeited the midweek friendly due to a left thigh problem and he has only undergone physiotherapy in today’s training session.

Gabriel Batistuta is unlikely to feature in the decisive encounter for the Serie A title race.

The Argentine was knocked unconscious in an accidental clash with Parma’s Fabio Cannavaro on Sunday, but the eight stitches to his lower lip may make a speedy recovery rather difficult.

Meanwhile, Totti and Francisco Lima will be hoping for more good news as they travel to Geneva for a UEFA appeal on Thursday.

The two stars were handed three-match bans for their part in the riot that followed their Champions’ League tie with Galatasaray.

Curiously, no Turkish players were punished for the all-out brawl at the Stadio Olimpico, a decision blasted by UEFA.

A decision on the appeal should be revealed on Thursday or Friday.

channel4

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good that Totti is back because we won't have Batistuta so the linup should be:

Antolioli, Aldair, Samuel, Panucci,Cafu, Emerson, Tommasi, Candela,Totti, Delvecchio, Montella.

Forza Roma,also Milan will be withoput some of it's players, we need to take advantage of this...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts