Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the San Siro for the first leg of what should be a revenge mission. Not only for the Serie A defeat but for the Coppa final defeat at the hands of Milan last year, where we were left embarrased!!!

The Scudetto is now priority number 1 and I dont expect us or Milan to perform a complete first team, but I do expect us to put out a team worthy of beating Milan!

I will post the squad when available

for now though my team would be:

Pelizzoli
Panucci Dellas Samuel Candela
Tomassi De Rossi Dacourt
D'Agostino
Delvecchio Cassano

Zotti, Zebina, Chivu, Emerson, Mancini, Carew, Corvia

as usual I dont expect Totti to be called for the coppa match, but he might be depending on what Capello wants from this match!!!

The Milan team is totally hard to predict as they have so many players but I guess they will rest Shevchenko, Kaka etc.

Dida
Simic Laursen Maldini Pancaro
Brocchi, Ambrosini, Redondo
Ru Costa Serginho
Boriello

FIori, Costacurta, Cafu, Seedorf, Gattuso, Abate, Shevchenko

they are just guesses at what the teams will be of course :tongue:

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
I like that lineup Giallorosso, but maybe we should play Peli. This will be a stubborn match. Milan will try to break it all open at home like last year. We should unleash D'Ago. :fero:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Cassano's still suspended, isn't he? And I think Nesta might be able to play for us.

Primo, we seem to be getting better results against Roma at the Olimpico these days, so watch out for the return leg! :)

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Ruffian said:
Cassano's still suspended, isn't he? And I think Nesta might be able to play for us.

Primo, we seem to be getting better results against Roma at the Olimpico these days, so watch out for the return leg! :)
No, Cassano is no longer suspended. He had a 2 match ban with Palermo. He is available against Milan, but I doubt Capello will start Totti or Cassano.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ill be frank now. I dont expect us to win this game and I dont expect us to win Coppa Italia. Our squad is small, we must swallow our pride and try not to be so upset by losing to Milan...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Romanista10 said:
No, Cassano is no longer suspended. He had a 2 match ban with Palermo. He is available against Milan, but I doubt Capello will start Totti or Cassano.
I thought it was four matches (two extra for the cornuto gesture ;) ). Anyway, as you guys are saying, it will probably be a match between bench players. As long as our guys don't play like they did against Celta Vigo :rolleyes:, I feel we have a good chance.

ETA: I started a "Cassano or Kaká" thread in the Milan forum, and Nero is already making sarcastic comments about what a surprise it is that most posters prefer Kaká. In the interests of fair play, you're welcome to join in. :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Primo said:
If there's a thread on Xtratime about Cassano, Nero will whiff it out and condemn the player. Jealousy makes people do the stupidiest things. :D
Primo, in NY do Italian footie supporters have the habit of watching serie A in bars?

If so, whitch are the most popular teams, my guess whould be Napoli and Juve, but maybe I'm wrong.

On topic, if you make it easier for us in the Scudetto race, I'm sure we can "fix" A Roma triumph in Coppa Italia:cool:

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Diavolo said:
Primo, in NY do Italian footie supporters have the habit of watching serie A in bars?

If so, whitch are the most popular teams, my guess whould be Napoli and Juve, but maybe I'm wrong.

On topic, if you make it easier for us in the Scudetto race, I'm sure we can "fix" A Roma triumph in Coppa Italia:cool:
The most popular Serie A teams in NY are Juve, Inter, and Milan (in that order) at least from what I have seen. Occasionaly you'll find a Roma or Fiorentina supporter. We NY Serie A fans watch the games on RAI International satellite dishes. Most bars carry the English or Scottish league matches.....a good Italian cafe will have the Serie A games though.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Ciao Diavolo.
NYC has about 5 solid locations for watching calcio, 2 of which are located in Little Italy of course (write me for location of the others). There are a lot of footie fans in NYC, many many Latin and S. American supporters. The NJ/NY suburbs is where Italian support flourishes. I would judge Juve & AC Milan as having the biggest, most vocal supporters. But Inter has a surprising amount and Roma a growing legion. Many of the Italian immigrants here are from southern Italia, yet they seem to go for the winners rather than stick w/ Napoli, except the hard-cores.
:star:
Peace & good luck Wed. On your proposal, I gotta deny. The scudetto is our aim, God willing. :star:

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Ruffian said:
I thought it was four matches (two extra for the cornuto gesture ;)
My mistake, you are correct. Cassano was suspended for 4 games, not 2. It's official: No Totti, Emerson, or Chivu against Milan, but word is Montella may start.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Primo said:
Ciao Diavolo.
NYC has about 5 solid locations for watching calcio, 2 of which are located in Little Italy of course (write me for location of the others). There are a lot of footie fans in NYC, many many Latin and S. American supporters. The NJ/NY suburbs is where Italian support flourishes. I would judge Juve & AC Milan as having the biggest, most vocal supporters. But Inter has a surprising amount and Roma a growing legion. Many of the Italian immigrants here are from southern Italia, yet they seem to go for the winners rather than stick w/ Napoli, except the hard-cores.
:star:
Peace & good luck Wed. On your proposal, I gotta deny. The scudetto is our aim, God willing. :star:
In "big" matches in San Siro their is always a Milan Club New York.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll br visiting NY in the near future, but who knows, I was asking out of curiosity.
Did any of you go to the Italian Super Cup final?

:D Please reconsider the "proposal"

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Personally I want to see only reserve plaqyers against Milan , I really don't care much about the Cup and we don't need any more injury and fitness problems right now. Well, Pelizzoli may start, but Emerson, Mancini, Dacourt, Lima, Zebina and Totti should be rested IMO.

Milan will also play with reserves mostly, I don't see why we should do differently. I realize that their squad depth is much better, but that doesn't mean that they are certain of the win. And even if we lose, it's only the Coppa after all. As much as I hate Milan, I would rather see our squad kept fit and without more injuries of a key players then to beat their reserves in the competition which is our third objective this season.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Diavolo said:
In "big" matches in San Siro their is always a Milan Club New York.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll br visiting NY in the near future, but who knows, I was asking out of curiosity.
Did any of you go to the Italian Super Cup final?

:D Please reconsider the "proposal"
I was at the Italian SuperCup match and it was probably the best game I ever attended live in any sport. I even sat in the Milan section cause there is no way I would ever support Juve. I had my black Totti jersey on too. :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Romanista10 said:
I was at the Italian SuperCup match and it was probably the best game I ever attended live in any sport. I even sat in the Milan section cause there is no way I would ever support Juve. I had my black Totti jersey on too. :D
I guess that one day you must make it to see Roma at Stadio Olimpico, I don't know how you can find tickets, but, for your info in San Siro their are always a lot of fans coming from abroad. So maybe through internet or a travel agent you may be able to find tickets. Plus Rome is a beautiful City.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Diavolo said:
I guess that one day you must make it to see Roma at Stadio Olimpico, I don't know how you can find tickets, but, for your info in San Siro their are always a lot of fans coming from abroad. So maybe through internet or a travel agent you may be able to find tickets. Plus Rome is a beautiful City.
I am very familiar with Roma because my family is from Frosinone, which is just south of Roma. I am first generation Italian-American as both of my parents were born in Frosinone. I am also familiar with Milano because I travel there often on business with IBM-Italia.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Romanista10 said:
I am very familiar with Roma because my family is from Frosinone, which is just south of Roma. I am first generation Italian-Amercian as both of my parents were born in Frosinone. I am also familiar with Milano because I travel there often on business with IBM-Italia.
:D Frosinone, isn't that Lazioland

IBM in Segrate?

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Diavolo said:
:D Frosinone, isn't that Lazioland

IBM in Segrate?
IBM in Segrate and Vimercate. It is the lazio region, but I have yellow and red running through my veins!!!! The majority of people in Frosinone are Roma, Juve, and Inter fans actually.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Romanista10 said:
IBM in Segrate and Vimercate. It is the lazio region, but I have yellow and red running through my veins!!!! The majority of people in Frosinone are Roma, Juve, and Inter fans actually.
Well if you come over, let me know, I work in Cologno Monzese, maybe we can have a coffee.

P.S. I like females:cool:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts