Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC Milan have opened the door to a possible January move for David Beckham by revealing that they would have no problem if the midfielder wished to train with them once his season with Los Angeles Galaxy comes to an end. Newspaper reports in Italy, however, have claimed the training invitation by Milan could precede a formal transfer bid.

Milan president Adriano Galliani denied any knowledge of a deal, but said that if the 33-year-old wished to train with them in order to keep fit he would be more than welcome. "I don't know anything about Beckham training with us but if he wanted to there really wouldn't be a problem," Galliani said. "In the past he was close to signing for Milan but I haven't spoken to him since the night before he signed for LA Galaxy."

The MLS season ends next month and doesn't resume until April. Last winter Beckham trained with Arsenal in a bid to keep his fitness up with a view to remaining in Fabio Capello's England plans. As England have no competitive fixture until April 1, it's unknown whether Beckham will wish to pursue a similar course of action this winter

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/17/david-beckham-acmilan

We shall see.

·
Scudetto
23,468 Posts
Media BS cannot get more obvious than this.

First (earlier during the day..), he apparently just wanted to come to train here.

Then, a bit later, Galliani says "I don't know anything, but no prob, he can come to train"

And now suddenly "Milan will make January move for Beckham"

haha!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
But hey, with the headline grabbing transfers for famous names that we have done in hte last few years, who here really thinks there is absolutely no possibility this happens? Its absurd from a footballing standpoint, but then so are some other decisions that get made.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,885 Posts
But hey, with the headline grabbing transfers for famous names that we have done in hte last few years, who here really thinks there is absolutely no possibility this happens? Its absurd from a footballing standpoint, but then so are some other decisions that get made.
Beckham can be our vice Emerson :hopeful:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Lol, he's obviously being sarcastic Jani, how can Emerson have a vice, Emerson is the 'vicest' of all.:pp

This is a really bad rumor, i thought the Guardian was quite authentic!

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
The move, if happened, will be a loan.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He's fit and well. Playing for the NT, picked by Capello.

How bad can that be.

Cant believe you placing him as a puma understudy.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Why was this worthy of its own topic instead of getting put in the Calciomercato thread?

·
Scudetto
23,468 Posts
Lol, he's obviously being sarcastic Jani, how can Emerson have a vice, Emerson is the 'vicest' of all.:pp

This is a really bad rumor, i thought the Guardian was quite authentic!
I hate internet sarcasm :mad:

Especially when people didn't get that I was being sarcastic myself :lazy:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Beckham can be our vice Emerson :hopeful:

Actually, Emerson made sense in footballing terms; am experienced midfielder to fill out a squad and provide some depth. I was thinking more along the lines of Shevchenko and Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Dinho. Those are famous names brought in just to be famous and make it look like we are doing something. Dinho not quite so bad, but you get the point. Emerson is like Favalli; decent and experienced squad filler who the fans like to beat up whenever possible and for whatever reason, regardless of actual reason. ;)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I hope this door gets slammed shut again and hits him in the face, disfiguring him for life.
woow...easy their buddy.

This is mere media BS, nothing is gonna happen

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
instead of getting our youth talent back from loan, we are getting rumours of a semi retired players with a freak voice:moan:

he can train with us but he is not worth wearing our shirt:thmbdown:

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Beckham? I always considered him as a limited player, who only his crosses and looks made famous. He'll turn 34 soon and if we do go ahead and sign him then I'd say Galliani and Berlusca are tired of football and just want to have a laugh with the fans :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Beckham will never get the credit he deserves for being an excellent player because he is pretty, married to a singer from a joke of a singing group and because he played for Man U and everybody thinks english players get credit simply for being english. Bottome line is Becks was a hell of a player for a good period of time before he went to Real and become a pop icon.

That said, Becks coming to Milan would be ridiculous. It would be a typical move for a team who apparently now cares more about famous names and useful ones (Ronaldo, Sheva etc). It is also comical that we have not played with wingers and thus released some good ones or loaned them but now might sign a 33 year old winger who crosses like a madman but has never been player to beat defenders. The irony of our first winger signing in ages being David Beckham would be almost too much to stomach.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
There is so much money invested in beckham's stay in the US that it would be totally impossible to lure him out of los angeles, even ignoring the footballing element completely.

he will probably train here I imagine, with the Adidas thing and Milan probably selling some limited time edition Beckham jerseys to make up more money for the missed Champions League campaign. According to Galliani recently, there is more and better sponsor deals for Milan than ever, so this seems like a public stunt that move that he would want.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts